DIC Trouble codes P1312, P1334, P0340 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > General 9-5 Posts and Information

General 9-5 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the 9-5.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2013, 07:26 AM   #1
SAABeginner

DIC Trouble codes P1312, P1334, P0340

After reading several posts on the trouble codes and navigating my service CD (very cumbersome), I ran across some technical data on the codes related to the DIC.
PDF from my manual at the link below link explains it all. File was too large to attach so I put it on my web site. Page 4 is about the codes generated, page 1-3 describes the operation which you need in order to understand the code description. Heading to carquest to pick up my new DIC...
http://www.8sigma.com/images/SaabDIC.pdf
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2013, 11:44 AM   #2
SAABeginner

Problem solved

Put in CARQUEST P/N 52-2117, cleared the codes, done.
Lifetime warranty. Saab OEM part.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #3
SAABeginner

My sons 9-5 had P1312 and 1334. I changed the spark plugs seemed to be solved but came back a month later. I took the DIC pack out and noticed the springs that make contact with the plugs were not all at the same level. Using a dental pick I pulled them all out and stretched the springs out. Pushed them back in and have not seen the problem since... worth a try before replacing the pack.

Old 05-22-2014, 06:57 PM   #4
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by markandmatt95 View Post
My sons 9-5 had P1312 and 1334. I changed the spark plugs seemed to be solved ........ worth a try before replacing the pack.
I didn't notice my ignition pack was loose (two bolts loose) and throwing P1312 code. Put in four new NGK plugs and re-installed the ignition pack (tight bolts). Day two no codes.

Update: Day four P1312 re-appeared. Time for new DIC.

Feff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Feffman; 05-24-2014 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-25-2014, 02:29 AM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mike d
p1312 can also be caused by a vac leak, so check that system as well, might be worth replacing all lines
Old 06-06-2014, 03:21 AM   #6
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
p1312 can also be caused by a vac leak, so check that system as well, might be worth replacing all lines
DIC replacement has cured the check engine light and AERO is once again running smoother. Got just a little over 100K out of the replaced DIC. Hoses look good.

Feff

Old 07-19-2015, 07:41 PM   #7
tts
SAABeginner

I'm getting the P1334 error code, and pulled the Direct Ignition Cartridge (DIC). There were two (of the four) springs that were shorter as mentioned by markandmatt95. I had a dental pick and pulled the springs out. They can actually be pushed out gently as well with a wooden dowel or maybe a pencil. I stretched them a little and put them back in. Just set them in from the spark plug side, not the internal side. I figured the spark plugs would push them up to contact inside the DIC. I reinstalled and was able to start the car, so that is a good sign. Will see if that fixes the problem without having to purchase a new DIC.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:23 PM   #8
SAABeginner

Dam, I'm having this exact issue but that PDF link is broke ): can an1 reup it again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
dic, p0340, p1312, p1334

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in