Bought a 2000 9-5 Aero Wagon! - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > General 9-5 Posts and Information

General 9-5 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the 9-5.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2013, 06:27 AM   #1
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Bought a 2000 9-5 Aero Wagon!

Sup dawgs.

The Viggen is about sold, and I wanted a cheap car to replace it because I don't drive too much in the summer and I wanted to pay off the rest of my student loans.

Anyways, details. 2000 Aero 5spd wagon, black on tan with 98k miles. I only paid $1800 for the car! It needs work though.

Parts needs (OEM):
PCV6
Upper Motor mount
Upper Trans mount
SID

(Cool):
GS poly trans mount
GS Intake
Forge BPV
Aero lip (probably going to Mach 1 lip it)

Things that need work:
Pan drop, oil/filter change
Trans fluid swap
Coolant flush
Brake fluid flush
Alarm removal or battery replacement

It came with some beat up RKII's that I put on my 900SE. The reason why it was so cheap is because the combination of the bad motor mounts and original trans fluid is making reverse hard to get into. Oh, and it has some dog leg rust I need to slap some POR on.

I already did some new vacuum lines and the rerouting + plugs. It drives really well and has a great stereo!

If anyone has any of these parts I need, please let me know. Or if anyone knows of a yard locally that has good 9-5 parts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.

Last edited by Saabeh; 05-21-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2013, 07:01 AM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Nice pickup. Great price!

My next Saab, whenever that happens, wants to be this exact car - black 5-speed Aero wagon.

'91 9000CD Turbo, Auto, Iridium Blue
'91 9000T, 5MT, Tally Red (No-Start Project)
'92 9000T, 5MT, Black
'04 9-5 Wagon, Auto, Nocturne Blue
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:07 AM   #3
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Oh I forgot to mention all compression numbers were over 210psi, I was thrilled.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:13 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Moreboost
Looks great, especially for the price, you can't beat that.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:30 AM   #5

I hate you.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #6
Elder

Geez. Manual aero wagon for that price?? Killer deal

Quote:
^ IronJoe doesn't park, he lands.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #7
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

So I was playing with the A/C that currently doesn't blow cold. I turned it on and physically saw that the compressor was engaged and turning, but no cold air. I hit "econ" and watched the compressor disengage.

I tried to recalibrate the ACC. It went through the cycles and displayed 0 the whole time. Afterwards it was the same story, no cold air.

Blend door?

Quote:
Old 05-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #8
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabeh View Post
So I was playing with the A/C that currently doesn't blow cold. I turned it on and physically saw that the compressor was engaged and turning, but no cold air. I hit "econ" and watched the compressor disengage.

I tried to recalibrate the ACC. It went through the cycles and displayed 0 the whole time. Afterwards it was the same story, no cold air.

Blend door?
bottom end sludge.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #9
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VI009DZ View Post
bottom end sludge.
Damnit, I knew it.

Quote:
Old 05-15-2013, 10:33 AM   #10

LOL...that scamp.

If you're getting no air from the vents, it's likely the blend door. Switch to defrost for a couple of mins and see if the window fogs....
Old 05-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #11
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike saunders View Post
LOL...that scamp.

If you're getting no air from the vents, it's likely the blend door. Switch to defrost for a couple of mins and see if the window fogs....
Getting plenty of air out of the vents, just not cold. Compressor on and everything.

Quote:
Old 05-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #12
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabeh View Post
Getting plenty of air out of the vents, just not cold. Compressor on and everything.
Leaking Evaporator?
Old 05-15-2013, 10:46 AM   #13
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwertz View Post
Leaking Evaporator?
If it was leaking, wouldn't the system depressurize?

Quote:
Old 05-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #14
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cark
welcome to the club! 5 spd aero wagons rule. And that is a steal, nice work.

If you need parts maybe try calling Steve at SAAB Specific? He's up Maine, but he's got lots of 9-5's/T7 cars on his lot.

Are you going to bring this up for the cruise on Sunday? huh? huh? are ya?
Old 05-15-2013, 11:24 AM   #15
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

I can't, I am going to Twisted Throttle's open house

Quote:
Old 05-15-2013, 11:37 AM   #16
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mike d
Quote:
Originally Posted by VI009DZ View Post
bottom end sludge.
i agree.

saabeh hates to admit it, but i may or may not have had a part in tracking down this car, 5spd wagons seem drawn to me
Old 05-15-2013, 11:49 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
i agree.

saabeh hates to admit it, but i may or may not have had a part in tracking down this car, 5spd wagons seem drawn to me
The North-Eastern Wisconsin Saab Club is putting together a relocation package for you, mike d.

'91 9000CD Turbo, Auto, Iridium Blue
'91 9000T, 5MT, Tally Red (No-Start Project)
'92 9000T, 5MT, Black
'04 9-5 Wagon, Auto, Nocturne Blue
Old 05-15-2013, 11:51 AM   #18
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
You found it on CL, and we went and bought it.

Quote:
Old 05-15-2013, 11:57 AM   #19
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cark
also... for the record. I distinctly remember making a comment to you last fall Saabeh that you should buy an Aero wagon, and your response was something along the lines of "shyeah, maybe for my mom".

But yes, like everyone who has ever owned one already knows, you will love the wagon.

Also, there is a 2000 (I think) 5 spd aero wagon in RI on CL that has been around for a bit. ~200k on it, but it has RK2's, SAAB sport exhaust, and is cheap.

edit... fug it, linky: http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/3795361282.html

Last edited by Cark; 05-15-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #20
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

See, I have a pickup truck with a cap. The wagon aspect of this Aero is redundant. I got it simply because it was the cheapest good condition 9-5 Aero 5spd I could find.

I will embrace the wagon, don't worry, but I would probably still prefer a sedan. But fuck it, I have never had a wagon and maybe this will be sweeeeeet. I know I'll probably never lose money on it.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in