Bought a 2000 9-5 Aero Wagon! - Page 32 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > General 9-5 Posts and Information

General 9-5 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the 9-5.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2017, 09:31 AM   #621
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabeh View Post
Trying to give the peeps the FULL HD 10K IMAX EXPERIENCE
Then go with a 360* picture.
for your repair needs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2017, 10:38 AM   #622
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Is this car for sale yet ?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 02-27-2017, 10:52 AM   #623
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergie View Post
Is this car for sale yet ?
You want it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:56 AM   #624
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

yeah, I'll call first dibs now. Whenever your ready. I just sold my sedan and picked up a truck for the gf.
I'll need another wagon, we just got a puppy and I'll need the extra space.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:02 AM   #625
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergie View Post
yeah, I'll call first dibs now. Whenever your ready. I just sold my sedan and picked up a truck for the gf.
I'll need another wagon, we just got a puppy and I'll need the extra space.
I want top dollar! Its got a little rust under it, last time I had it on the lift. Idk if I could really sell it, you'll have to talk me into it haha.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:21 PM   #626
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cark
Bergie needs another wagon?! I'd offer you mine comes summer, but I know it's way below your standards...
Old 03-06-2017, 09:24 AM   #627
SAABeginner

Just read this whole thread, love the car man! Glad you are keeping it! I luckily also picked up a manual 2000 Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon about 2 months ago (in Cirrus White) and think it is the perfect daily driver. I would love to do an exhaust but my wife hates aftermarket exhaust :/ so I will probably do BCB stage 2 and just keep it clean and maintained as I drive a lot of miles for work.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:33 AM   #628
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzammitt View Post
Just read this whole thread, love the car man! Glad you are keeping it! I luckily also picked up a manual 2000 Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon about 2 months ago (in Cirrus White) and think it is the perfect daily driver. I would love to do an exhaust but my wife hates aftermarket exhaust :/ so I will probably do BCB stage 2 and just keep it clean and maintained as I drive a lot of miles for work.
Nice find, I love white 9-5s. I go through the thread every once in a while myself, I forget how much crap I've had to work on! haha

Quote:
Old 09-19-2017, 05:24 AM   #629
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Still just driving this here wagon! I think the A/C has a minor leak I will have to address eventually. Other than that, just hit 142k miles and I am getting a little bored

Quote:
Old 12-11-2017, 11:46 AM   #630
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

For sale, people.

Quote:
Old 01-15-2018, 06:14 AM   #631
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Welp, not for sale. The car I was going to buy was damaged at the dealer the day I went to pick it up. SWEET.

Not too upset, still love my wagon. I just replaced the water pump with a Hepu unit, did the driver side wheel bearing with an OEM SKF. I also upgraded the rear door speakers with some 5.25" kickers:

Gonna keep it around for a while I guess. Just cracked 147k.

Quote:
Old 01-15-2018, 09:46 AM   #632
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:
Welp, not for sale. The car I was going to buy was damaged at the dealer the day I went to pick it up. SWEET.

Not too upset, still love my wagon. I just replaced the water pump with a Hepu unit, did the driver side wheel bearing with an OEM SKF. I also upgraded the rear door speakers with some 5.25" kickers
I've driven the two STs that my brother has owned, and they're great fun, but they just don't stack up to a 9-5 in terms of comfort and utility. Plus there's the whole "alien spaceship" vibe of the Focus interior. Besides, with the upgrades on your wagon, I would think it's at least as quick/maybe quicker than a stock ST.

Also, specs on the speakers?
02 Aero Wagon
07 9-3

94 Miata
05 Legacy GT
Old 01-15-2018, 10:00 AM   #633
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

My wagon is about as quick as a lightly modded ST. Once they get all the bolt ons, they move real good. I really like the 2016+ ST3s but theyre obviously not as utilitarian as a 9-5 wagon. Speakers are just some kickers from Amazon, nothing special and not 2ohm. There is not a lot of power sent to the rear doors with the stock system, but this was an easy upgrade.

Quote:
Old 01-15-2018, 01:46 PM   #634
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cark
Well that blows, but that's sweet at the same time. Meant to text you the other day to ask how the ST was...
Old 01-16-2018, 04:51 AM   #635
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cark View Post
Well that blows, but that's sweet at the same time. Meant to text you the other day to ask how the ST was...
Yeah, perhaps a blessing in disguise. My REAL goal was a 2015+ Mustang GT Premium with the performance pack, but it was going to cost way too much to insure. Now I am back to the drawing board again thinking about Cadillac ATS 2.0T with a manual...

Quote:
Old 01-16-2018, 09:20 AM   #636
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Quote:
Yeah, perhaps a blessing in disguise. My REAL goal was a 2015+ Mustang GT Premium with the performance pack, but it was going to cost way too much to insure. Now I am back to the drawing board again thinking about Cadillac ATS 2.0T with a manual...
There is a local black ATS 6mt with the red interior on my local CL. Lots of car for the money and they respond very well to the basics.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:27 AM   #637
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
There is a local black ATS 6mt with the red interior on my local CL. Lots of car for the money and they respond very well to the basics.
Thats what I have heard. A newer coupe would be pretty cool. How about the Regal turbo? The one with the big wheels and stuff.

Quote:
Old 01-16-2018, 09:32 AM   #638
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Quote:
Thats what I have heard. A newer coupe would be pretty cool. How about the Regal turbo? The one with the big wheels and stuff.
The GS, love those too.

Our '15 Regal has been FLAWLESS. We just test drove an '18 Regal Sportback(hatch like an Audi A7) and will be trading ours in soon on one.

GS's are most commonly found in 6mt in '12 and 13. '14-15 brought the new dash layout with less buttons and new taillights.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:40 AM   #639
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
The GS, love those too.

Our '15 Regal has been FLAWLESS. We just test drove an '18 Regal Sportback(hatch like an Audi A7) and will be trading ours in soon on one.

GS's are most commonly found in 6mt in '12 and 13. '14-15 brought the new dash layout with less buttons and new taillights.
Cool, I think the Regal looks pretty good but my friends hate it. $20k ATS Performance coupe with a manual would be quite awesome.

Quote:
Old 03-14-2018, 02:08 PM   #640
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Here's a new idea I am sure everyone will hate: I have really taken a liking to the Civic Type-R. I know a dealer that wouldn't overcharge me, and I think it will be an excellent daily hoon-machine that holds its value and reliability.

That being said, I can't find anyone besides tire kickers or low ballers for my wagon. People telling me my car is priced over KBB (no shit) and comparing it to automatic non-Aero 9-5 sedans. I just don't get it. However, I am not putting a lot of effort into selling it.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in