2000 9-5 meets 200K - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > General 9-5 Posts and Information

General 9-5 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the 9-5.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 05:26 AM   #1
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Cool 2000 9-5 meets 200K

So my g/f's 2000 9-5 Aero has hit the 200K mark one month from it's 13th birthday (according to production date). She's the second owner and it has been fantastic since day one. Only major issue was a slugded block which was covered under policy over 4 years ago. Only minor annoyance issues since. What a testament to these cars! It's nice to know that I can put someone I love and care about in a safe and dependable vehicle. We have been brand loyal since 07' when we were first introduced to Saabs and would think of no better car to own! Seeing her hit this mark makes me think of all the great people we have met over the years and joy these cars have brought us. Thanks to all who have influenced, helped, and made us feel welcome over the years. Here's to another 200K!

if you have Facebook say hi and congratulate her!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/Chipples

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 06:51 AM   #2
SAAB Road Master

Brilliant post. Love the Aero! If you are the reason for her getting it, well done my friend

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:23 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroJ View Post
Brilliant post. Love the Aero! If you are the reason for her getting it, well done my friend

She actually fell in love with the 9-5 Aero when i started working for Saab back in 07'. Loved them ever since!

Old 02-02-2013, 02:02 PM   #4

Congrats Casey!

Old 02-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #5
Avid TSL User

grats
Old 02-08-2013, 07:51 AM   #6
Avid TSL User

Mazeltov! You've had better luck than my son 8valvegrowl here who also has a 2000 9-5 Aero with over 200k... and being a Nuclear Physicist he knows how, and does, take fastidious care of it mechanically; uses only the right oil changes frequently etc, but it has had various chronic oil leaks, bad bearings, suspension, HVAC, and electronics issues etc. It never had a sludge issue though, as he knew how to avoid it. It's been a much more problematic car than their '99 9-3 with around 160k, which has been near bulletproof, even though that one is heavily Autocrossed! My other son's '99 9-3 has also been amazing, with over 213k and not babied - (he's 25!). Maybe you got a particularly good one, however from what we've heard about 9-5s my son's Aero is more typical, and 9-3s are much less problem prone in our experience. Continued good luck!
'84 900-T
'87 900
'99 9-3s dk blue
'99 9-3 red
'07 9-3 Sport Combi
Old 02-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #7
Elder

That's weird I have 145k on my aero no issues I've owned since 70k miles. I think you only hear about the bad ones usually. Lots of good ones near bulletproof.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in