New '02 9-5 Wagon for New Mom - Page 2 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > General 9-5 Posts and Information

General 9-5 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the 9-5.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2012, 07:06 AM   #21
Elder

Thanks Adam!

The aero seats arrived at the shop while I've been away. We''ll see about getting them swapped in this weekend. They were supposedly out of an 06 and I was hoping to see the contrasting cream inserts as I found above. Maybe they are out of an 06 build date MY 05?

Last edited by NickTurbo900; 06-29-2012 at 07:09 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2012, 09:40 AM   #22
Elder

I'll have to come up and meet your new crib midget soon The new wagon looks Sweet BTW!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #23
Avid TSL User

Congratulations to you and Wendy Nick! Hope to see her this summer...bring her out for her 1st swim!

8Valve came home in a '73 Plymouth Custom Suburban (huge) station wagon, so I didn't have to worry much about safety... his older sister came home in a Benz S-Class, no wonder she's the one with has expensive tastes!
Cora will no doubt be a true automotive conoisseur!
'84 900-T
'87 900
'99 9-3s dk blue
'99 9-3 red
'07 9-3 Sport Combi

Last edited by FireDome; 06-29-2012 at 11:34 AM.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #24
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Congrats! Great thread on many levels!!
Old 07-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #25
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Slow Joe Send a message via Yahoo to Slow Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTurbo900 View Post
Thanks Adam!

The aero seats arrived at the shop while I've been away. We''ll see about getting them swapped in this weekend. They were supposedly out of an 06 and I was hoping to see the contrasting cream inserts as I found above. Maybe they are out of an 06 build date MY 05?

You said that they were ventelated in your last post. The ventelated seats don't have the inserts like the non ventelated seats do. They were probably out of an '06, my '07 seats look almost identical.

Congrats on the new bundle of joy!
1 Mercedes
Complete Addict.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #26
srp
Elder

Send a message via AIM to srp
Where'd you get the seats from?
Old 07-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #27
Elder

Local salvage yard that my shop uses regularly, Browns of Bomoseen, VT. They gave me a good deal, I think, 225$ for the pair delivered.

Slow Joe! Thanks for the info, they are vented. I didn't realize they were different.

Haven't got a chance to install them yet... go figure
Old 07-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #28
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Slow Joe Send a message via Yahoo to Slow Joe
Sounds like a pretty sweet deal since they look to be in excellent condition.

And I should have said vented vs non vented Aero seats. At least you knew what I meant lol.
1 Mercedes
Complete Addict.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:10 AM   #29
Avid TSL User

Nice seats! We used to go to Wyre Wheel in Middlebury for MG and SAAB parts, don't know if they're still around... they had a lot of Swedish cars, but were sometimes pricey, and the owner Steve was kind of quirky &/or weird at times. We like Rathe's in Colchester, we went on Friday and got a door handle for Josh's 9-3, when we asked for a price upon leaving the owner said " no charge, catch you next time", and they've done that with us before too on small stuff...great to deal with.
'84 900-T
'87 900
'99 9-3s dk blue
'99 9-3 red
'07 9-3 Sport Combi
Old 07-26-2012, 05:30 AM   #30
Avid TSL User

So how's the little one enjoying rides in that new wagon? Couldn't be much safer in a car than than one!
'84 900-T
'87 900
'99 9-3s dk blue
'99 9-3 red
'07 9-3 Sport Combi
Old 07-26-2012, 05:54 AM   #31
Elder

nice wagon man,
and congrats!
Old 07-26-2012, 12:53 PM   #32
Elder

She's always asleep in the car! By the time we get down our (very long) driveway, she's passed out cold. This is very helpful at 3:30AM when all else has failed!

I've got some pics to share that I'll add back in, but since I last checked in I've done some general maintenance type work on the car.

- Wet-sanded the very cloudy headlights; 1000 grit, 1500, 2000, 2500 and a buff with rubbing compound brought them back 90%.

- Removed the subframe and replaced the 2 rear and 2 middle subframe bushings with new. Also replaced the front inner sway bar bushings and the sway bar links with Genuine. Interestingly this '02 linear has the Aero 20mm swaybars in it, code H. Big improvement and now much quieter over rough pavement (no shortage of that here)

- Installed a GenuineSAAB Poly Trans mount. What an amazing improvement in shifting under load! A+; Highly recommended!

- Replaced the leaky oil pressure switch behind the starter motor.

Still haven't had a chance on the seats.

I booked an exterior detail with our local Paint guru, the Stig. I'll check back in then.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by NickTurbo900; 07-26-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:11 AM   #33
Elder

Well it's been a while...

-Installed the seats. Had some issues. The seat trim and controls were all broken (probably why they were cheap). The controls were rebuilt with new 'joysticks' and buttons and I swapped the gray seat trims from the 02 seats onto the black seats. It looks better I think with the gray anyways. Also the occupancy sensor for the passenger seat is either a different sensor or wired differently in the '06 seats that went in. I haven't been able to track that down, so I have an Airbag light for now.

- Installed a set of T5 cams, had some issues. The threads on the head of this car for the timing chain tensioner were half mangled and leaking and since the headgasket was leaking oil out the corner too... Why not put a new head on it? Straightforward, except for then accidently breaking a timing chain guide pulling the head up. DOH!

R&R'd that in the car (what a PITA), resealed the timing cover. Replaced the oil pressure switch and waterpump while I'm in there, . Then dropped the oil pan, very clean but still some buildup. Nice and clean now, doesn't leak a drop and I really like T5 cams in these LPT 9-5s. Right when the GT17 has huffed out at 2500 rpm the cams come on about 2800, very noticeable IMO.

- Put a better Silver hood on from a parts car.

- Got the snows on, a new set of 205/55 16 Studded Cooper Weather Masters with a nice and straight set of closed lug vikings that came on my first SAAB 900SE 12 years ago (don't see many of these around here anymore)

- Roof racks for Christmas Tree Carrying Duty

and the car is now 5 months old (and so is Cora)!

Old 12-02-2012, 10:49 PM   #34
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mike d
5spd wagons are sick,,
Old 12-07-2012, 07:51 AM   #35
Avid TSL User

Awww... she's such a cutie!!!
We always used 4 Cooper Weathermasters w/ studs on our Trooper when we lived there year round, never had any problem, even though the wife always had to get to work, no matter what, even when she drove from Charlotte to S Barre every day via Richmond... what a hike that was!
SAAB seat controls must have been GM parts bin stuff, they always seem to break as do the plastic housings for the seats... real crap!
Got the 99 stored away in a nice dry barn for the winter, can't wait to work on her more next Spring!
Happy Holidays to the family from the old Andersons!
'84 900-T
'87 900
'99 9-3s dk blue
'99 9-3 red
'07 9-3 Sport Combi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in