wheel alingment - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > General 9-5 Posts and Information

General 9-5 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the 9-5.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2020, 08:14 AM   #1
SAABeginner

wheel alingment

I'm getting new tires for my 2007 95 and wondering if I should also include
front and rear wheel alingment. Having bought this car with 95000 miles I don't know if it was ever done. Thoughts ???
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2020, 09:41 PM   #2
Flirting With TSL Addiction

I think the rear is a camber alignment so I do not think that they would take a look at that or at least they will mot charge you for doing it. The procedure for the job is located in WIS
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-19-2020, 11:36 PM   #3
SAABeginner

Alignment is not usually necessary when installing new tires, but after 95k miles it is a good idea.

Old 08-20-2020, 06:44 AM   #4
SAABeginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I'm getting new tires for my 2007 95 and wondering if I should also include
front and rear wheel alingment. Having bought this car with 95000 miles I don't know if it was ever done. Thoughts ???
Do not pay for 4 wheel alighnment for the rear has NO adjustment, although it could tell you how far off it is
Old 09-09-2020, 08:23 PM   #5
SAABeginner

rep

Really, this article is to a great degree one of the most flawlessly awesome ever
Old 09-15-2020, 05:04 PM   #6
SAABeginner

In my experience, you wouldn't even have to worry about wheel alignments if you choose a good rim and tire combination. I happen to purchase these wheel and tire packages and so far, I have no complaints (and so does my car).
Old 09-16-2020, 07:22 PM   #7
SAABeginner

Your front suspension has struts and have no adjustment for camber and caster, only toe. The rear axle has no adjustment. You should have the toe checked because it could be out of adjustment due to an accident, pot holes, etc and toe affects the steering (does the vehicle wander?), handling and tire wear of the vehicle.
Old 09-25-2020, 03:24 AM   #8
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS929k View Post
I think the rear is a camber alignment so I do not think that they would take a look at that or at least they will mot charge you for doing it. The procedure for the job is located in WIS
Rear comber is adjusted using shims behind the hubs

https://genuinesaab.com/catalog/prod...r1af0in78egs86

or adding an adjustable cross-stay

RK641842 Moog
https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/mo...trol+arm,10401

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlondon View Post
Do not pay for 4 wheel alignment for the rear has NO adjustment, although it could tell you how far off it is
The 9-5 has negative rear camber but if it beyond spec you will get inside edge wear and could lead to cupping and can be adjusted as above

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown View Post
Your front suspension has struts and have no adjustment for camber and caster, only toe. The rear axle has no adjustment. You should have the toe checked because it could be out of adjustment due to an accident, pot holes, etc and toe affects the steering (does the vehicle wander?), handling and tire wear of the vehicle.
There is camber adjustment up front. Camber bolt holes are slotted. You can use camber adjustment bolts. If it is far out, you can grind the slots out more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in