TD04 19T Question. - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > General 9-5 Posts and Information

General 9-5 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the 9-5.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2019, 02:42 PM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

TD04 19T Question.

Hey guys,

I've been on a few forums trying to hone in on actual information on upgrading my turbo to the 19T from my 15T. Please read the entire post before responding.

I have a B235 so I shouldn't have to worry about spool up since I have the exhaust flow. I also have a GS 3" down pipe anyway so look past all of the intricacies of all of that mess please. I am also changing the pipe to the king cobra pipe which I already have purchased from the dealer and it fits on the 19T perfectly. I am not worried about heat because I have a solid intercooler direct fit from the DO's. I already have the 19T and getting ready to install it in a couple of weeks. Clutch was replaced with genuine Saab clutch kit less than 20K which was fun so I am okay there. So let us move to the next section of the post.

My turbo is going to pop soon. I can smell it and see some puffs of smoke cough out the exhaust from time to time and when I am out of the car while it's running, I can smell it. This is why I decided to buy the new turbo in preparation and since the TD04 19T was 50 bucks more, why not go for it.

I have been reading that people pop engines with stock pistons once they reach 300+ HP and I read conflicting experiences of people saying they are running over 300 HP without issue even after a turbski upgrade. Does someone have the exact info on the pistons for the B235 when upgrading to a TD04 19T?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2019, 06:08 PM   #2
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS929k View Post
Hey guys,

I've been on a few forums trying to hone in on actual information on upgrading my turbo to the 19T from my 15T. Please read the entire post before responding.

I have a B235 so I shouldn't have to worry about spool up since I have the exhaust flow. I also have a GS 3" down pipe anyway so look past all of the intricacies of all of that mess please. I am also changing the pipe to the king cobra pipe which I already have purchased from the dealer and it fits on the 19T perfectly. I am not worried about heat because I have a solid intercooler direct fit from the DO's. I already have the 19T and getting ready to install it in a couple of weeks. Clutch was replaced with genuine Saab clutch kit less than 20K which was fun so I am okay there. So let us move to the next section of the post.

My turbo is going to pop soon. I can smell it and see some puffs of smoke cough out the exhaust from time to time and when I am out of the car while it's running, I can smell it. This is why I decided to buy the new turbo in preparation and since the TD04 19T was 50 bucks more, why not go for it.

I have been reading that people pop engines with stock pistons once they reach 300+ HP and I read conflicting experiences of people saying they are running over 300 HP without issue even after a turbski upgrade. Does someone have the exact info on the pistons for the B235 when upgrading to a TD04 19T?
If your car is tuned right 19t should be fine. Get an wideband O2 gauge, seems most issues ore from going lean and that can happen if your AMM or DI are not working correctly.
There are a few people running a 19t i stock bottom ends

You should get Bigger injectors and go for T5 cams too
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-05-2019, 07:51 PM   #3

Every time I go to the yard, someone seems to have scooped up the T5 cams from a 9000. I went to the yard today and there was a 9000 CSE with the cams gone so I decided to just stick to the reason why I was there (AC Compressor).

When you say I need an AF gauge, are you implying that I only go for the gauge and not include the o2 sensor specifically for the gauge or should I get a wide band gauge and an o2 sensor for it?

PS My DI is less than a year old (purchased from eeuro and installed recently) and AMM is not too old but I cannot recall how new it is.

Old 10-06-2019, 09:23 AM   #4
Elder

Yes you'll need a wide band sensor and gauge

You can use any T5 cams, not just from 9000
Old 10-06-2019, 09:24 AM   #5
Elder

Mods Thsi should also be moves to the performance and modification forum
Old 10-07-2019, 08:31 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jssaab View Post
Mods Thsi should also be moves to the performance and modification forum
Yeah I thought I was posting in the performance thread. My bad on that. Guess the whisky took over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in