End of teh Saab era for me... - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > General 9-5 Posts and Information

General 9-5 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the 9-5.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2019, 01:00 PM   #1
Elder

End of teh Saab era for me...

So after 25 straight years of Saab ownership its time to say goodbye. 9 Saabs, fast and slow, convertible, 2 door, sedans... its over.

I may still pick up a 9-3 Aero 6cyl vert but you never know, they are getting a bit old by this point.

Please help me say farewell. I may still lurk here once and a while and add my 2 cents where I think it might matter.

I am over to the Jaguar forums where everyone is an @sshole and the community does not exist, but hey that's how if ends, not with a bang but a whimper...

At least all the Hirsch goodies and good parts have ended up in the hands of appreciative Saab owners
Attached Images
File Type: jpg saab.jpg (392.8 KB, 21 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2019, 05:08 AM   #2
Elder

Big sad... Stop back in and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Jason

1986 Saab 900 Turbo & 1992 Saab 9000 Turbo
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-29-2019, 07:40 AM   #3
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Troup
But why.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-1992 9000 T5
-1994 9000 Aero
-2004 9-5 Aero Wagon - Espresso Black
-2004 9-5 Aero Wagon - Glacier Blue

Old 08-30-2019, 12:55 PM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cark
Sorry to see you go!

I too will no longer be DD'ing a SAAB... for the first time in 20 years
Old 09-04-2019, 03:12 PM   #5
Site Moderator

Oof. Hate seeing posts like these but I get it.
Old 09-04-2019, 04:03 PM   #6
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I'm right there with you. I'm battling with the idea of offloading the Airflow. Fortunately, I recently purchased a new house with an acre of land. I now have space to store my cars without an HOA breathing down my neck. If it wasn't for that I would be out the Saab game. Once I get settled in I will definitely start putting greater focus on selling off all the Saab parts I've accumulated over the last several years. I too would probably still lurk...
Old 09-04-2019, 05:49 PM   #7
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Sad to see you go. I will probably have a Saab for many years to come. Iím enjoying your girlfriends old viggen, and I dd that now in the nice weather. I donít think I will get rid of that car for a long time. Itís just too much fun, and not worth anything anyway.

I get it though, at some point I will be getting something more reliable to daily drive. Right now, the viggen, aero, and even my 900se have made up one good car, but I seem to oscillate between fixing one and driving the others. It gets tiring just keeping them going.
Old 09-05-2019, 01:22 PM   #8
SAABeginner

Sorry to hear that. I am moving to assisted living and have to sell my 2002 vert very cheap. Great car 82k miles passenger cylinder leaks a tiny bit. John hook
Old 09-07-2019, 05:07 PM   #9
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hook View Post
Sorry to hear that. I am moving to assisted living and have to sell my 2002 vert very cheap. Great car 82k miles passenger cylinder leaks a tiny bit. John hook
Where is the car located john?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in