Glacier Blue 9-5 Aero Wagon Project - Page 2 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > General 9-5 Posts and Information

General 9-5 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the 9-5.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2019, 08:12 AM   #21
Flirting With TSL Addiction

I am now extremely tempted to finally install the one I had painted for my wagon a few years ago, I kinda forgot how much better it looks with a spoiler.

I kinda think those RKs look awesome in that shade, I still say I like that shade of metallic silver better than the choice I made on the powder coat on mine.
02 Aero Wagon
07 9-3

94 Miata
05 Legacy GT
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2019, 09:38 AM   #22

Send a message via AIM to Troup
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Kwrecker View Post
I am now extremely tempted to finally install the one I had painted for my wagon a few years ago, I kinda forgot how much better it looks with a spoiler.

I kinda think those RKs look awesome in that shade, I still say I like that shade of metallic silver better than the choice I made on the powder coat on mine.
You should do it. Not super hard. Totally worth it. I'm a sucker for factory spoilers. I ended up using Saab bolts that I had laying around to mount it. I don't know if the spoiler was tapped when I got it, or if the body shop tapped them (The bolt holes had some type of material built up in them and couldn't tell),but it was a metric size that's used in a lot of Saab applications.

hahah, you should repaint your wheels if you like these better. Or we can trade it you want

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-1992 9000 T5
-1994 9000 Aero
-2004 9-5 Aero Wagon - Espresso Black
-2004 9-5 Aero Wagon - Glacier Blue

Last edited by Troup; 10-21-2019 at 09:41 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-21-2019, 11:47 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troup View Post
You should do it. Not super hard. Totally worth it. I'm a sucker for factory spoilers. I ended up using Saab bolts that I had laying around to mount it. I don't know if the spoiler was tapped when I got it, or if the body shop tapped them (The bolt holes had some type of material built up in them and couldn't tell),but it was a metric size that's used in a lot of Saab applications.

hahah, you should repaint your wheels if you like these better. Or we can trade it you want
The knockoff spoiler I have for my black wagon is tapped if I recall. It also has tape pads on it, but one of them needs to be heated up and replaced because the shop that painted it got paint all over the adhesive because they peeled the backing back to hang it for paint.

On the wheels you might have had me if yours were RK1s lol
02 Aero Wagon
07 9-3

94 Miata
05 Legacy GT

Old 10-23-2019, 04:08 AM   #24

I took the wagon out to visit the 92 9000 yesterday. All recent repairs seem to be holding up well, no boost or coolant leaks. Subframe bushings are still really bad and distract from the driving experience, so that's next on the list. I picked up a subframe from the junkyard a couple weeks back to replace the existing rusty one. It cleaned up well with some elbow grease and the pressure washer.

I can't get over how much better this car looks.

A Saab friend picked up an OEM cargo mat from the junkyard for me for $10. It looks great! Just needs to flatten out a bit

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-1992 9000 T5
-1994 9000 Aero

Last edited by Troup; 10-23-2019 at 04:20 AM.
Old 10-23-2019, 05:24 AM   #25
Elder

That thing is really looking nice! The color is growing on me..

-Jason

1986 Saab 900 Turbo & 1992 Saab 9000 Turbo
Old 10-23-2019, 05:34 AM   #26

Looking at these pics really has me wondering how much difference there is between ice blue and glacier blue. I'm sure they're different but they look awfully close going by these pics and looking at my new ice blue 9-3 out the window at the same time.
02 Aero Wagon
07 9-3

94 Miata
05 Legacy GT
Old 10-25-2019, 06:44 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuner4life View Post
That thing is really looking nice! The color is growing on me..
I've always liked the color, but I probably wouldn't have ever gotten it for myself. I'll admit, it's definitely growing on me as well. The color is so much more rich looking with the proper hood on it.

-1992 9000 T5
-1994 9000 Aero
Old 10-25-2019, 06:54 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Kwrecker View Post
Looking at these pics really has me wondering how much difference there is between ice blue and glacier blue. I'm sure they're different but they look awfully close going by these pics and looking at my new ice blue 9-3 out the window at the same time.
Yeah, agreed. I really thought yours was glacier blue when you showed me a picture

-1992 9000 T5
-1994 9000 Aero

Last edited by Troup; 10-25-2019 at 08:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in