BuHuSPGs '07 9-5 Aero SC 5sp - Page 6 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > General 9-5 Posts and Information

General 9-5 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the 9-5.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2018, 02:34 PM   #101
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cark
Like others have already said...

Rubber mats are cheap, and yes they changed in 08, very subtly, but enough that the earlier mats won't stay put in an 08 or 09.

I like the centric premium stuff with e coat and pads are all preference on if you're ok with some dust, or want no dust, and how much bite you want. The 300 mm rear upgrade is a good one if you can find or are will to buy a set of calipers.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2018, 02:29 PM   #102
Avid TSL User

I'm selling the 300mm kit. Still for sale and open to offers
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-14-2018, 05:15 AM   #103
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

A quick update:

1. Car is running well. I had one time where I was accelerating hard and lost power with a flashing CEL. It's never done it again and it didn't seem to store any codes. I can't duplicate the problem

2. Frustrations with this car overall:

- HVAC system is terribly annoying because it starts in AUTO mode only. Every time you start the car the fan is going crazy. Constantly shaking my fist at GM/Saab engineers. I did some research and it doesn't seem you can change this on 06-09 like you could on the earlier 9-5s

- Trunk button: is there a way to disable the drivers door trunk button? Why do I have to go to the driver's door, hit a button, and then go back to the trunk to open it. Again, WTF engineers? I recall having this button on other cars (my prior 9-5, 9-3, 900 and two VW jettas) and it was somewhat of a dummy button because you could open the trunk without pressing it as long as the car was unlocked. Not so on this 9-5

- Auto Wipers. GD these things. The up position is auto, which is annoying because it is constantly changing speeds and is never at the right speed. The down position is a fast wipe, which is the only manual option. The "intermittent adjuster" doesn't do anything. Again, WTF engineers, why can't I choose my wiper speed like on a normal car?

Outside of the gripes, the car drives well and I enjoy it. I have a few issues that I need to address:

- MPG is low: I am getting around 22 mixed. My '03 Aero got mid/high 20's and low/mid 30s on the highway. However, this was after a tune. I have the 3" DP on now and no tune, so I think that may mess up the O2 reading

- Shifter is very sloppy. 9-5s have pretty sloppy shifters on a good day but mine seems especially bad

- I am tempted to put some bulbs in the inner headlight housings and find some way to wire them to a button. The xenon's are OK but I do a lot of back road driving and am a little disappointed with the light output. I had done the "Relay 666" mod on my 03 and that was really nice but the 06-09 has no bulb and no wiring for the inner headlight opening. May not be worth the effort...

Last edited by BuHuSPG; 09-14-2018 at 05:17 AM.

Old 09-16-2018, 05:09 AM   #104
Elder

I agree with you on many points on the newer 9-5. The HVAC defaulting to Auto is annoying. The trunk button is annoying, and mine seems to require 2-3 pushes before it actually unlocks. My auto wipers are finally acting a bit better after replacing the wipers (08+ uses a special arm, only one wiper option available). I haven't been able to achieve better than 27ish mpg mixed (but mine is an auto). The ride home right when I bought it (100% highway) showed exactly 30 mpg. Car now has a 3" DP and BSR, needs a tune. I'm happy with the xenons, although the pass side is now starting to flicker and occasionally drop, so time for new bulbs.

I see why people rave that the 04/05 is the best year to get.
Old 09-17-2018, 05:07 AM   #105

I think I tend to agree with that assessment after owning an '03. All are great cars but the '04/'05 does seem to have the best of both worlds
Old 10-11-2018, 11:59 AM   #106

I am going to put the car up for sale soon. Please let me know if you are interested. Great car, just not big enough for our family. I'm not a collector and I won't be able to use it that much now that we have a van.

Not sure what a fair price is. I paid high-sixes (I can't actually remember the final number) and put more than $1k in parts and the exhaust.

I'd like something that starts with a seven if possible. Car is a unicorn. 93k manual.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:38 PM   #107
Elder

Daaaaaaaaaaamn... why you gotta do this to me right now?

Oh I forgot, no roof rails I'm out, haha

Last edited by Cark; 10-11-2018 at 01:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in