Saab Link Forums banner

Joined the 9-5 Club

20K views 205 replies 21 participants last post by  WSW 
#1 · (Edited)
Was scrolling through copart and seen this 03 Aero in Virginia with a buy it now price of 300. Was a donated and runs/drives listing. Had to jump on it as being a Virginia car it was most likely rust free

I went through a broker and bought it right away. After copart/broker fees and
shipping it to Chicago It was 1500

Arrived a few days later, checked it over and not a spot of rust. Underbody is super clean. Ran good overall

158k, 5 speed, fully loaded with vented seats, xenons, park assist, homelink/compass mirror, auto dimming side mirrors , rain sensing wipers, etc

Compression 180 on all 4

So far I have replaced the shift knob, fixed leaky sunroof drains, repaired sunroof deflector, installed pcv update, dropped pan, new maf,dic, coolant temp sensor, thermostat, fresh coolant, new coolant bypass valve, new fuel filter, new plugs, new cabin filter, new valve cover gaskets, replaced peeling onstar antenna with a dummy, replaced windshield cowl cover, new wiper blades, replaced batteries in alarm module, 666 lighting relay mod,silicone vac lines, debadged on the rear, replaced numerous interior bulbs

Still left to do: passenger rear regulator, install GS poly Trans mount, restore headlight lenses, clean engine bay, replace passenger fender as it hAs some deep scratches, figure out p0442 cel and give it a proper detail.

Paint needs some loving for sure but I've done half the hood and she shines right back up

Def needs engine/Trans mounts soon and maybe subframe bushings.

There was an 01 9-5 at the junkyard had eibach springs and shocks/struts so I installed those minus the fronts as they're different

Came with turbines but I was flipping a silver Aero so I swapped wheels and put the rk2s on, they need to be refinished( plan on doing it over the winter)

My first 9-5 and I'm in love, great daily driver

Got the itch to start modding it already

See less See more
#35 ·
Accumulated some parts over the winter

Powerflex trans mount bushings and rear trailing arms bushings. All 3 engine mounts (Hutchinson), new tensioner, idler pulley and serpentine belt and a new cps

Taking some time off work so should knock everything out in a few weeks

#40 ·
Repainted the rk2s using duplicolor hyper silver kit ( turned out decent), replaced all engine mounts and trans mount with powerflex, changed trans oil,cps, tensioner, idler pulley and serpentine belt

Still need to give it a full detail ( clay, compound, polish, seal and wax)

#47 ·
Well, you probably need one, anyways, though.

When you undo that front plate, your toe gets whacked.

You can mark it so the plate ends up in the same spot if you want. I'm sure it'd be fine do drive until you got everything done.

#51 ·
Met up with a local guy and swapped my rk2s for his rk1s. they do need refinishing as they were plastidipped white but theyre all straight and barely any curb rash. tires are shot and mismatched as well.

Plan is to powdercoat over the winter and get a fresh set of rubber

#56 ·
Other way around for me. I like the rk2s but for me they look best when lip is polished and that's too much work/money to get them looking that way

Rk1s have always been a dream wheel for me

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.