Joined the 9-5 Club - Page 10 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > General 9-5 Posts and Information

General 9-5 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the 9-5.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2018, 05:32 AM   #181
Flirting With TSL Addiction

I like the pet guard in the wagon just because it keeps the muddy paws on the rubber mat in the back and not all over the interior. My dog, however, is not impressed. He much prefers riding shotgun in the convertible.
02 Aero Wagon
07 9-3

94 Miata
05 Legacy GT
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2018, 12:18 PM   #182
WSW
Elder

My rubber mat just came in today from
Orio

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-09-2018, 12:29 PM   #183
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cark
My wife wants the dog gate in her car, however once installed it definitely inhibits the potential of the cargo area... better than the dog trashing the interior for sure. I guess this winter the only thing she should really need to haul is skis, which is easy enough by folding down the 40 side of the seat.

I have the 3 piece carpet mat in my wagon, should really upgrade to the rubber one piece though!

Old 11-09-2018, 06:23 PM   #184
WSW
Elder

My buddy has the 3 piece carpet, its cool but cleaning it would drive me crazy. Im constantly throwing all sorts off things in the back so the rubber mat was just what I needed
Old 11-10-2018, 05:52 AM   #185

I have a carpet one from a car I flipped a few years ago, but once I saw Orio had the rubber ones available new I had to pick one up. My dog makes a ridiculous mess of the cargo area, being able to at least hose off the mat saves a ton of cleaning time.
02 Aero Wagon
07 9-3

94 Miata
05 Legacy GT
Old 11-10-2018, 04:47 PM   #186
WSW
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Kwrecker View Post
I have a carpet one from a car I flipped a few years ago, but once I saw Orio had the rubber ones available new I had to pick one up. My dog makes a ridiculous mess of the cargo area, being able to at least hose off the mat saves a ton of cleaning time.
Exactly my thought process
Old 11-26-2018, 02:48 PM   #187
WSW
Elder

Scored some practically brand new blizzak ws80s for free off of Facebook 3 months ago. Luckily I was able to swap the winter setup and undercoat the car 2 days before we got hit with a blizzard of 10+”

Old 11-27-2018, 04:02 AM   #188
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Loved my WS80 Blizzaks, they're great. I did notice that they screech when you accelerate on wet pavement though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Old 11-27-2018, 05:53 AM   #189

Free is a great price. I flipped a car last year that came with a set of Cooper snows mounted on some Saturn wheels, I'm now on the second season running "free" snow tires.
02 Aero Wagon
07 9-3

94 Miata
05 Legacy GT
Old 11-27-2018, 10:25 AM   #190
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to Troup
Free tires on a basically free car. This guy...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-1992 9000 T5
-1994 9000 Aero
-2004 9-5 Aero Wagon - Espresso Black
-2004 9-5 Aero Wagon - Glacier Blue
Old 05-05-2019, 06:52 PM   #191
WSW
Elder

The suspension needed a overhaul as everything was worn and sagging. Opted for the complete Oem kit from esaabparts. Installed the rear assemblies so far along with the sas bar in the rear. Still need to do all the bushings in the rear along with the adjustable cross stay arms. Still need to do the front suspension along with sas bar, all engine/trans mounts etc

Old 05-06-2019, 06:11 AM   #192

Did you buy the whole kit from eSaab before they went out of stock?

I want to buy new everything already assembled for mine so I don't have to play with spring compressors, but they're out of stock and eEuro only ships one bolt at a time from different warehouses these days.
02 Aero Wagon
07 9-3

94 Miata
05 Legacy GT
Old 05-06-2019, 06:54 AM   #193
Elder

You've made some nice progress on the wagon. Hopefully the neighbors weren't staring during the suspension swap

Old 05-06-2019, 07:38 PM   #194
WSW
Elder

Quote:
Did you buy the whole kit from eSaab before they went out of stock?

I want to buy new everything already assembled for mine so I don't have to play with spring compressors, but they're out of stock and eEuro only ships one bolt at a time from different warehouses these days.
Yes the whole kit. Message Matt directly on stock, hes very helpful
Old 05-06-2019, 07:42 PM   #195
WSW
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
You've made some nice progress on the wagon. Hopefully the neighbors weren't staring during the suspension swap
They always are unfortunately
Old 05-06-2019, 07:50 PM   #196
WSW
Elder

Was planning on wetsanding and/or diying painting the peeling clear on the hood and roof pretty soon but there was an 04 Wagon at the yard and surprisingly it was expresso black. Paint on hood was in great shape so I snagged it up. Got it home and did a cut and polish and she cleaned up real real good. Just need to fix the roof now

A few days ago (week later after finding my hood) another 04 wagon in expresso black shoes up at the same yard. What are the chances of 2 expresso black cars in the same yard in my area albeit. My friend Jon’s hood also had severely failing clear coat so I snagged that hood up for him. Also scored some roof racks with keys from this car for my wagon

Before:

After :

Old 05-07-2019, 08:46 AM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSW View Post
Yes the whole kit. Message Matt directly on stock, hes very helpful
Good call on contacting Matt, he was super quick and helpful and I have a kit coming. He even modified it for me since I just replaced my stabilizer links and didn't need those.
02 Aero Wagon
07 9-3

94 Miata
05 Legacy GT
Old 05-07-2019, 04:04 PM   #198
WSW
Elder

Quote:
Good call on contacting Matt, he was super quick and helpful and I have a kit coming. He even modified it for me since I just replaced my stabilizer links and didn't need those.
Yup hes the man to go to for Oem
Old 05-16-2019, 06:17 AM   #199

I got my kit from Matt. I was planning on doing the fronts last night but stopped when I realized I need ball joints.

So I started looking at the rear, and got a question for you: is there any special trick to aligning things on reassembly? I see the spring bracket has slotted holes in it, but the procedure in WIS makes it seem like you just kinda slap it up there and bolt it down, is it that easy?
02 Aero Wagon
07 9-3

94 Miata
05 Legacy GT
Old 04-23-2020, 07:00 AM   #200
WSW
Elder

Been a long time since I updated this.

Installed new Oem water pump, used aluminum radiator from previous parts car, coolant temp sensor, thermostat, coolant bypass valve and all the coolant hoses to silicone. Then noticed my coolant level was dropping, found the radiator leaking at one of the seams and also a leak somewhere near the coolant bypass valve. Ordered a new Nissens radiator and the do88 coolant bypass valve bypass hoses. I hate the whole stock setup and the space it takes up so I’ll be bypassing it.

Also installed new tensioner pulley, idler pulley and serpentine belt.

Installed new positive battery cable and starter

Over the past few weeks I’ve installed a new pcv box as it was leaking, all new pcv hoses as well

Went to tackle all the motor mounts and subframe bushings with Hutchinson mounts and poly for the subframe bushings. Figured I’ll throw in the front sas bar while I’m in there. Being from NC surprisingly the sway bar bolts gave me a hard time. Oxy acetylene torched every bolt for a good 10-20 min and they were still being a bitch. 1 unfortunately didn’t make it which meant subframe had to come down. Dropped subframe, cleaned and helicoiled the broken hole. Installed sas bar with new bushings, power flex bushings, power flex dog bone bushings and and the rest of the motor mounts.

Pain in the ass but worth all t he work. Car drives amazing now

Last edited by WSW; 04-23-2020 at 07:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in