Project Road Trip - Page 2 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > General 9-5 Posts and Information

General 9-5 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the 9-5.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2016, 06:09 PM   #21
Flirting With TSL Addiction

I've made no moves, but my basic idea of a plan is:
1. Find a 3" DP
2. Install DP along with quiet custom 3" exhaust
3. Get in contact with Mike D.

94 Miata
05 Legacy GT
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2016, 09:24 AM   #22

Scored a bridge spoiler this morning from a company that sells repro units. Sadly it's painted already in the wrong color (good thing I got it for what I thought was a great deal at <$100).

Edited to add, it came really well packed and includes mounting hardware, installation instructions, and templates for drilling the holes.

I'll finish unpacking it and take some pics later. I think they have one more available if anyone is interested. I was tempted to buy it and just put it stock.

94 Miata
05 Legacy GT

Last edited by 9Kwrecker; 01-25-2016 at 09:31 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 02-04-2016, 08:03 AM   #23

In response to the other thread, here's a short update and a pic.

I forgot to take pics of the spoiler. It's tucked away in a box waiting for a paint job.

Saabeh, you had a question about those little holes inside the rear doors. I have no idea what they could be for. They just look like plugs, they don't even look like one way drains or anything like that. Maybe someone else with a 02+ 9-5 can weigh in?

Other than that, I've just been driving car as much as possible, I'll be at 209K in the next week or so. It's quick, it handles well, it looks good. I'm kicking myself for driving that poopy automatic for almost 2 years.

I'm on the hunt for a 3" down pipe, still hoping to find a used one if possible. Once I get that handled, I think I need to replace the fuel filter and re-torque the head and I'll be ready to start doing some tuning.

94 Miata
05 Legacy GT

Old 02-05-2016, 01:36 PM   #24
Elder

I wonder if the plugs are from a rust proofing service like Ziebart. I have seen cars that they have done and they have similar plugs where they drilled to spray the rust proofing in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Jason

1986 Saab 900 Turbo & 1992 Saab 9000 Turbo
Old 02-05-2016, 02:00 PM   #25

Send a message via AIM to Troup
Are you gonna keep the wheels as is? RK's would look amazing on that car.

I had a P1110 code on my 02 9-5. I bypassed the Boost control valve on the firewall and all is well. (I also could've replaced the vacuum line that was missing)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-1992 9000
-1994 9000 Aero
-2002 9-5 Linear
-2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Old 02-05-2016, 09:19 PM   #26

Rust proofing is a definite possibility, the car is overall very clean. Although I have found the smallest beginnings of rust on the inside edges of the doglegs, so that will be getting sanded and painted once it's warm enough. My hope is that since it's black and it's not very rusty at all it won't be a tough job.

Those BBS wheels it has on it are just the snow setup. I will be putting the 5 spoke 9-3 Aero wheels on it that were on my red 9-5. The spoiler I bought for it looks exactly like the one that's on the red car as well, and tint will also be happening.

94 Miata
05 Legacy GT
Old 02-09-2016, 06:40 PM   #27

Not a real update, but I just got home from a long drive through the worst snow I've had to drive through this season. Highlights include a 350Z traveling at about 20 mph in the left lane with the rear end kicked out and a pickup that spun out in front of me.

Between the new-ish Michelin X-Ice tires, bright lights, and good wiper blades, it seemed like I had a lot more control and visibility than most other drivers. It's a very confidence inspiring drive. I would say it feels almost as unstoppable as my old C900, but not quite.

94 Miata
05 Legacy GT
Old 02-19-2016, 06:57 AM   #28

Strange problem that happened for the first time a few days after I got back from NYC and has been getting more common lately: When I turn the key off, but do not pull it out, the radio goes off, and the headlights stay on (but no other lights).

Is this a sticky ignition switch? I read around a bit and found that the ignition switch causes all kinds of weird symptoms, but nobody describing exactly the same thing.

94 Miata
05 Legacy GT
Old 05-20-2016, 06:01 AM   #29

Here is a picture my brother took with the 5 spoke 9-3 wheels on the car after I suffered a puncture on the stock wheels over the weekend.
Ended up removing the 20mm spacers when I added these, I think the overall offset stayed relatively similar.

94 Miata
05 Legacy GT
Old 07-21-2016, 06:42 PM   #30

Couple little updates on this car.

Paint correction finally happened over July 4th weekend. 3 step cut, polish, seal. First two steps we used the Porter Cable, final seal coat was by all by hand. All in my dad and I both spent about 30 hours on it.

Pics:

More importantly, both me and the car got to meet Mike D today!

The car is soooo much more responsive, and a good bit quicker for just a ECU flash and no parts. The open SID stuff is pretty cool too. Can't say enough how good of a guy Mike D is and I've got about 150 or so miles on the tune now and couldn't be happier.

94 Miata
05 Legacy GT

Last edited by 9Kwrecker; 07-21-2016 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:54 AM   #31

First a picture with some bonus MCY content:

I think I'll be getting a dog soon and I want one of those Saab accessory cargo/pet barriers that clips into the headliner behind the back seat.

Anybody got a part number, or better, one for sale? I looked at saabsite, esaab, and eeuro and none of them seem to have it. There's one on ebay, but it's expensive-seeming, and doesn't include a PN.

EDIT: I looked harder. I still can't find one for sale, but I got a PN from the saabsite and was able to cross check it with esaab.

Part Number: 400130514
Superseded Part Numbers: 400110730

https://www.esaabparts.com/saab/parts/400130514

94 Miata
05 Legacy GT

Last edited by 9Kwrecker; 04-21-2017 at 12:01 PM.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:37 PM   #32
Elder

That wagon is timeless. Love it!

Old 04-24-2017, 07:28 AM   #33

Thanks Lendo! It's my favorite pickup truck I've ever had.

Update on the dog barrier: I need this. Turns out I did get a dog, and turns out he's not the biggest fan of car rides. I work from home, but I need to be able to take him with me to my shop since I spend so much time there outside work. This and a weathertech cargo liner and my interior might survive. Anybody got a barrier they don't use?

94 Miata
05 Legacy GT
Old 11-16-2017, 05:15 AM   #34

Probably took my last road trip in this 02 this week, to pick up the new-to-me 04.

300K miles, one owner. Ruined paint, dog leg rust. Sport tech interior. Runs like a dream, actually far far better than my 02 has ever run in the 20k I've had it. Found it on SC, the price was right, and I always wanted a Laser 04-05. Plus I missed on one last year, so I had to take my shot.

The CF dash is peeling, it's gotta go. This is your chance to tell me you have an "aluminum" Aero dash for sale.

Also came with good snows on some Borbet wheels, a spare DI, and some other misc. small parts. It made the drive home, about 450 miles, flawlessly. ACC, heated seats, xenons, everything works great.

94 Miata
05 Legacy GT
Old 11-16-2017, 08:54 AM   #35
srp
Elder

Send a message via AIM to srp
Nice grab!
Old 11-16-2017, 09:01 AM   #36
Elder

very nice
Old 11-16-2017, 12:20 PM   #37
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cark
Very decent!
Old 11-27-2017, 07:52 AM   #38

Back to the black wagon, I've had this issue with it since I got it, and I would like to get it cleared up before I sell it on:

It's very heavy/sluggish feeling right off idle up to ~3k rpm, then it runs like you would expect. Until that point it feels very reluctant to rev, and it makes it kind of hard to drive the car if you're not used to it. I've put about 22k on it the way it is and it's never changed from day 1. It's never thrown a code.

Things I've tried: checked the MAF, replaced the air filter, replaced the vac hoses, replaced the plugs, fuel filter, fuel pump (when it failed), nothing made any difference.

Has anybody ever run across a 9-5 with this problem and fixed it?

Most of my other options to resolve it seem like they should trip a code if they were the issue, like a DI, or a throttle body, plugged cat, etc.

94 Miata
05 Legacy GT
Old 11-28-2017, 05:17 AM   #39
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Does it Rev Freely?

My first thought was plugged exhaust. I wonder if it would be beneficial to take some time and disconnect the DP and see what happens.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:16 AM   #40
srp
Elder

Send a message via AIM to srp
So you've not tried a different DIC? Have you ever reset the ECU?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in