Saablink Group Ski Trip - interests? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Events

Events This forum is for any events thats TSL members should know about. This is left open for all members.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2005, 07:22 PM   #1
Elder

Exclamation Saablink Group Ski Trip - * POSTPONED *

Anyone interested in perhaps a PA/NY ski trip this winter - I wanna do some more sking this winter and I know DeLorean does too - I'm not as good as he is - but I can do Intermediate all day long. I was just curious if a bunch of saabers wanted to try getting together somewhere and ski all day/weekend someplace. A CHEAP and decent resort is Greek Peak in NY. - I go there once a year. Just wanted to start this thread now and see who we can get involved/get ideas to where and then work on dates once the slopes are open.
for your repair needs

Last edited by Blaque; 01-12-2006 at 07:45 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2005, 07:27 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
yeah one of these days I know I am gunna go into a tree at around 80 MPH

always up for a ski trip, anytime anywhere. as long as the snow is good. I want to go up to Mt Snow again in VT sometime this winter. also want to get a couple NY ski areas in too.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-13-2005, 07:39 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cpenning623
I'm down too.

i think that would be pretty cool to do something like that

killington/pico wouldnt be a bad choice, or camelback

Old 11-13-2005, 07:42 PM   #4
Elder

mountaincreek in vernon nj is sweet place... and central kinda for ny/nj/pa guys

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:01 PM   #5
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to Tikka
I went today. Snow was pretty wet and heavy, so tree runs were crap , but groomed runs were fine. I guess its still a little early in the season, it willl get better as temps drop some more. I'm on the west coast though, so its probably better where you're at this time of year.

Jake Ritari

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Which is fine. Because another guy got hit by a deer. Yes, a deer ran into a man.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:02 PM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Possibly, I know Diggler and Roller Girl would probably be interested.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:05 PM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to 90SPG
i would love to go somewhere in vermont. i like killington cause its not too far from me, i also love going to stowe but thats a hike up there.
"A car with an image so immaculate it can hold confession and communion."
Old 11-13-2005, 08:51 PM   #8
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
I'd be down.

I'm up for anything around NY, NJ, PA area. Anything North of there is a hike during winter season.

Around what time is everyone considering.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

Old 11-13-2005, 08:54 PM   #9
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to mg_td
last tree run i did last winter was at a mountain i wasnt too familiar with.... and i was incredibly stoned... so i got lost in the trees waist deep in snow, woohoo

238.8 whp 272.1 wtq
Old 11-14-2005, 04:32 AM   #10
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
hahah, too funny.

well I think we should do both a VT and an NY run. I mean, I probably will anyway even if it's just me But I'm sure we could get about 4-8 people together to do this. with a group of 4 it really makes it MUCH more affordable. the damn lift ticket is still expensive but $60 for a hotell room split 4 ways is damn cheap.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:54 AM   #11
Flirting With TSL Addiction

My dad's good childhood friend runs the ski-patrol at Mt. Snow so i can get discounts and i'm always down for some snowboarding(who skis anways )

also, the skimarket is my home town offer great deals to the snowboarding group in town(which im a member of) so if i got an idea of how many people, when and where, (Killington is awesome too) we could even all meet in my home town (Norwalk, CT kinda a centralized point in the NE so anyone from PA and NJ wouldn't have to drive so far and we could get our own bus and lift tickets all for under $125
Old 11-14-2005, 07:30 AM   #12
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
Yea, count me in for snowboarding.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

Old 11-14-2005, 07:46 AM   #13
Elder

Hell yea i'd be up for a trip for snowboarding... I go with my brother a lot and I think were going up to VT and NY a couple times.. If the times right i definalty go

Old 11-14-2005, 09:27 AM   #14

heh heh, if you guys want some good sking and boarding, come up to Vermont. Stowe is decent, Sugerbush and Smuggs isn't to bad either. favorite place of the locals is Bolton Valley.

1984 Saab 900 Turbo - stripped for Auto-X
1999 Saab 9-3 SE - drive way sitter
1999 Saab 9-3 Stage 3- the DD
Old 11-14-2005, 12:15 PM   #15
Elder

Send a message via AIM to b dash rian
my fam just bought a place near holiday valley, NY, but thats western NY, and no one seems to want to soem to this side of the east (did that make any sense?)

but im down for Mt Snow, i have place to stay not far from there (cousins just moved to Keene, NH)
but am i allowed to bring my skis?
at least they are twin tips

Quote:
Football stars play for the Steelers. Suck it, Cleveland.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:28 PM   #16
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cpenning623
man skiing is way better then boarding....you guys are off the mark. Which was around first? which has a bigger following?

mountian creek isnt all that great, i mean its fun, just cuase its skiing, but it is always crowded and lotsa little kids and people who ski above thier skill level.

yea, that side of the east is so far from where we are all though(well, most of us) and we'll be out there for SOC
Old 11-14-2005, 12:44 PM   #17
User
Elder

Send a message via AIM to zingZACH
Mt. Sunapee is an excellent ski area too.... I love it there.... beautiful views as well.

Old 11-14-2005, 02:48 PM   #18

it's up to you guys if you wanna meet at my home town for the bus its a great deal espically since we dont need a HUGE amount of people. only like 10 to get a GREAT deal i used to go with a group of friend from my high school all the time and they do really high quaility-low cost rentals there.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:42 PM   #19
HNNLIC
Elder

So is this still being planned?

I need to play in some white powder.

Old 11-17-2005, 08:54 PM   #20
HNNLIC
Elder

I'm starting the list:

1)Cedric (Blaque_Out) + 1 guest (2) - Snowboarding

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in