Sausage & Saabing Weekend. Really important update! - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Events

Events This forum is for any events thats TSL members should know about. This is left open for all members.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2005, 05:59 PM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to guru
Sausage & Saabing Weekend. Really important update!

Heeeeeello.

All "sausagefest" jokes aside... This event is getting closer by the hour and I am still trying to pull it out of my ears. Convoying is up to you, cooking is up to me. Lunch will be served at 12, feel free to show up around 11.30 but please no earlier than that. Weather is looking to be hot and muggy, probably no rain.

This Summer's Sausage and Saabing weekend will be Saturday, June 25 at 28 Proctor Hill Road (route 130) in Brookline, NH. And now for a very important word on parking!
Unfortunately there is an auction happening Saturday, however, we will be able to park along the fence between the house and the daycare center on the lot. Please make the best use of this space as you can, as there is absolutely no street parking. That is a violation of my lease and I really would much rather not deal with the BS. Be creative. Park there somehow.

We will then head off to the Budweiser brewery in Merrimack for the Exotics Show over there. I have a little ride for this planned.

After the show wraps up there's a run up to the coast of Maine, route is still TBD.

Lunch is free, but the show in Merrimack is not, and we do have a small request. My "uncle" and his wife were in a severe motorcycle accident Memorial Day weekend, and we are trying to help raise money for their medical bills. This is completely optional but something we would like to ask you to consider.

If there any questions PM me, if you are interested in a pre-party of sorts then PM GoViggen, and if you want in on the convoy down from Maine PM saabguy .[/b]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2005, 06:14 PM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to mg_td
good idea, im very flexible for dates.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

238.8 whp 272.1 wtq
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-14-2005, 06:40 PM   #3

sounds awesome, the closer to the coast the more people, but the better the views, i have weekends off all summer, so those are best.
are they gonna be "special" sausages? lol

~justin

I –RIVE SWE–ISH

Old 05-14-2005, 07:06 PM   #4
Flirting With TSL Addiction

im in
Old 05-15-2005, 03:50 AM   #5
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to goviggen
how about meeting up for a little show and shine and food and then a run to the caost... a ride through hampton and up route 1 ?

I'm definatley in
Old 05-15-2005, 06:36 AM   #6
Elder

Oooh, I like that route better than what I had planned. Alright, start throwing me dates-- early June?

No Justin, they are not special sausages, that's what I had planned for SOC.

Old 05-15-2005, 07:24 AM   #7
Avid TSL User

perhaps we could do a friday night/saturday thing... like SIS... pre party at my place for drinking and laughter....and to your place for hangover lunch and show and shine and then run on the coast?

maybe even a saturday night/Sunday arrangement so maybe some of the guyz father away could come??
Old 05-15-2005, 07:31 AM   #8
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
there is a chance I could make the drive to NH again, what's $130 worth of gas anyway

we'll see...
Old 05-15-2005, 08:02 AM   #9

so long as its not june 4th its cool

238.8 whp 272.1 wtq
Old 05-15-2005, 08:08 AM   #10

oh, and two weeks notice on the date would be cool too, if possible

238.8 whp 272.1 wtq
Old 05-15-2005, 11:14 AM   #11
Elder

Bill, the more you suggest the more I like. Uh, that sounds cool... I can Crockpot everything the night before, meet folks from points South and West at the highway, and drag 'em up to your place like last time...

How about something on a weekend near 4th of July? That gives us six weeks to pull it together and for DeLorean to come up with the gas money.

Old 05-15-2005, 11:57 AM   #12
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stromer
Don't want this to conflict with the Claremont Saab run. That's the 16th of July. Maybe two weeks before? A Sat or Sunday. I too would need a couple weeks notice if its a Sat, but I will be there!
Old 05-15-2005, 04:58 PM   #13
Elder

Alright folks, here's the deal. It seems my dad had a heart attack last night, so for now I'm out of the running as far as planning goes. I'd still love to host something this summer, but it will need to be later than I originally hoped for (I wanted to do it around the 4th of June, but people are already busy and that's not a lot of notice for those that aren't but would want to come.) Perhaps we can hit up Bill's on a Saturday night and I'll pack everything as a (massive) picnic lunch?

So you boys come up with a date, PM or call me as need be, and I'll pull it together. I should be back to you on this by the end of the week.

(and yes, my Dad is okay, I will be going home tomorrow AM to make sure of it. Send us good vibes.)

Old 05-15-2005, 06:46 PM   #14
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stromer
Well if you'd want it sooner than later. How about June 18th? This is a Sat. Its a little more than a month away, so should be safe for planning purposes. I'm realyl just throwing out the date so that you may have some ideas to come back to later in the week guru.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:14 AM   #15

i cant the 18th, ill be in texas

238.8 whp 272.1 wtq
Old 05-16-2005, 06:34 PM   #16

any weekend is good for me, i don't work weekends.

and yeah bill, you've had some great ideas there!

i'm sorry to hear about your dad, send him my wishes

~justin

I –RIVE SWE–ISH
Old 05-16-2005, 07:45 PM   #17
Elder

Well the good news is it isn't as bad as we thought, he'll be out of the hospital most likely Friday... minus a gallbladder. Turns out his hiatal hernia went crazy, which made everything else go crazy, and then I was brutally misinformed, and all hell broke loose--

Anyway...

June 18 obviously isn't going to work out, so how's the week after that looking for everyone?

See, what I was hoping for was, we could make this sort of a monthly thing, so if you don't make it this time, maybe you'll make it some other time. Yeah? I don't know.

Old 05-17-2005, 03:18 AM   #18
Avid TSL User

25th sounds good to me... hmmm monthly occurance?
Once a month drinking binge and saabing around the state?!? I'm IN!
I'm sure my group -saabmaab- will be in too
Old 05-17-2005, 06:01 AM   #19

monthly saabing would rock, 25th sounds good to me

238.8 whp 272.1 wtq
Old 05-17-2005, 08:47 AM   #20
Elder

Alright, so we've got two for the 25th of June. Anyone else?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in