Saab Link Forums banner

Sausage & Saabing Weekend. Really important update!

9K views 254 replies 24 participants last post by  DirtyGriffin 
#1 ·
Heeeeeello.

All "sausagefest" jokes aside... This event is getting closer by the hour and I am still trying to pull it out of my ears. Convoying is up to you, cooking is up to me. Lunch will be served at 12, feel free to show up around 11.30 but please no earlier than that. Weather is looking to be hot and muggy, probably no rain.

This Summer's Sausage and Saabing weekend will be Saturday, June 25 at 28 Proctor Hill Road (route 130) in Brookline, NH. And now for a very important word on parking!
Unfortunately there is an auction happening Saturday, however, we will be able to park along the fence between the house and the daycare center on the lot. Please make the best use of this space as you can, as there is absolutely no street parking. That is a violation of my lease and I really would much rather not deal with the BS. Be creative. Park there somehow.

We will then head off to the Budweiser brewery in Merrimack for the Exotics Show over there. I have a little ride for this planned.

After the show wraps up there's a run up to the coast of Maine, route is still TBD.

Lunch is free, but the show in Merrimack is not, and we do have a small request. My "uncle" and his wife were in a severe motorcycle accident Memorial Day weekend, and we are trying to help raise money for their medical bills. This is completely optional but something we would like to ask you to consider.

If there any questions PM me, if you are interested in a pre-party of sorts then PM GoViggen, and if you want in on the convoy down from Maine PM saabguy .[/b]

See less See more
#202 ·
escalator guru said:
dude, justin, half of your paint and your exhaust didn't just fall off due to rust... they're gonna laugh us BOTH off the face of the Earth.

We could always organize it so I'll play road captain (anyone from SIS remembers what that's like) and you'll take up the tail, that way they'll all experience the supertasticness that is lack of turbo. Bwahaha.
or you guys could leave youre heaps of rusty non-turboness at your house and ride in a real car :twisted: :lol:

btw put me and delorean back in as maybes :lol: depending on if theres anything good at the junkyard that we need :lol:

Paul

#206 ·
I'm going to respect the road captain. Don't want her spitting in the meal. Plus their was mention of killing a small army, so that puts me on double alert.
"N/A: We can go fast too, it just takes us longer"
Quite frankly I don't understand why everyone is in such a rush anyways. I love it when I'm on a roadway and have some ass blow by and passes, putting my and other driver's lives at risk, just to find that at the next set of lights he sitting and waiting directly in front of me, lotta good that did him! But in the end, turbo or non-turbo, doesn't matter, this is a Saab meet. If we wanted to do spin-off of NA or turbo, then this would be a "Sausage & N/A Saabing Weekend. FIRST POST UPDATE!! (again)" or "Sausage & Turbo Saabing Weekend. FIRST POST UPDATE!! (again)"

So is anyone else bringing an N/A NG900? I gotta do some sound investigating, either my timing chain is acting up or a small child is trying to alert me to it's presence in my engine with a rattle.

#209 ·
slaab4life said:
I love it when I'm on a roadway and have some ass blow by and passes, putting my and other driver's lives at risk, just to find that at the next set of lights he sitting and waiting directly in front of me, lotta good that did him!
This guy is probably me...

#212 ·
Oh man, no more 5am rants in threads before going to work anymore. I meant it to come out more playfully, but it just sounded harsh, I appologize.

#214 ·
This is probably your last update from me on this... 213 posts later I'm having a hard time finding any answers to anything, and for the most part my questions get buried.

I am seriously backlogged at work, and today we lost a good part of my department-- so I really dont' have the time to be putzing around about this. I need a solid plan by Saturday morning, and a lot of Friday night is going to be spent drinking... if you have questions, now is the time to ask them.

I still have no idea who the fuck is showing up, and this is frustrating me. So if you said you were coming but aren't, said you weren't but are, etc please let me know somehow.

I also really need to know if anyone will be at Bill's the night before (that's tomorrow night, btw). If you guys need directions or whatever, you can call me. I would post his addy so you can Mapquest it, but it's not my house. If you do end up getting the address, remember that the house is on the opposite side of the street from the mailbox :roll: :roll: I would be willing to meet people somewhere off a major highway at a certian time, if everyone wants to meet up and convoy.

Between the hours of 8 and 5 tomorrow any questions can be directed to me at:

800 541 7702 ext 82002

Before and after that: 603 721 1378

Again I'm not comfortable posting Bill's contact info but I will be able to keep in touch with him throughout the day. He and I will be meeting tomorrow night to plan the route. There seems to be mixed feelings about the show at the Bud plant especially in light of the weather forecast... so we'll most likely take a vote.

To reiterate, I won't be serving alcohol. Host law, lease on the house, etc. Too much of a liability.

Blah blah blah. Potato salad doesn't magically appear from the sky. My numbers are all over this thread... please use them if you must.

#217 ·
most recent weather forecast for tonight and tomorrow:

Tonight: Partly clear, a bit hazy and increasingly humid. Some fog could form in the deeper parts of the valley. Lows: 64 to 69. Winds: West 5-15 mph.

Saturday: Very hot! Hazy sun, windy and humid. Highs: 95 to 100!

for the Monadnock region...

#221 ·
There are details somewhre in the thread. I think it's 10-4.

Guys tehre's no way in Hell I'm going to run around a beer plant looking at cars in this kind of weather and stay sober. I'll do some damage control at the house and the lot and meet you guys there.

#222 ·
PSH! its about the LOVE! hahah, i hear ya, but, im still going. just to the plant for like an hour then i gotta bounce for a BBQ/party...sorry I couldnt meet up with you all at guru's...maybe see some of you @ bud. peace!

#225 ·
Alright Guru, as it stands right now. I and my friend with the 9000 will be attending, not sure if the 9000 will make it though, has developed a rotor problem that we're going to attempt to straighten out tonight. But he has something to attend in the morning, which actually ends up being a few miles south in Groton, MA. So I'll be meeting up with him sometime between 11 and noon and driving the rest of the way up from there (mapquest says Groton to Brookline is 20 minutes). So we should make it for the grilling. Otherwise we'll just meet up with the others at the car show. I'll be the budweiser drinking fool whose debating someone about how much better Pabst Blue Ribbon is :roll:. So I've written down your number Guru, printed the mapquest directions, all thats left is clean out the work supplies from the car, wash and wax. Anyone else going to be travelling through the Groton, MA area on the way and want to meet up? StX221, you down with that plan?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.