Springtime In Sweden SAAB Show.... - Page 3 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Events

Events This forum is for any events thats TSL members should know about. This is left open for all members.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2005, 06:17 PM   #41
Elder

Well ican't go/won't be there sadly yet again - this time due to Jewish holidays and the fact I got work and need to finalize the ng900 and make it run tomorrow - and a few other things I need to do around the house and such - next year I hope Almost made this years.
for your repair needs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2005, 07:09 PM   #42
SAAB Road Master

I'm bringin a bunch of people...bring yrs wives, bags, gfs whatever you call them its gonna be a great time..wet t-shirts contests if it rains, models on the saabs in the sun.....fun for all bring em and show em.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-23-2005, 05:51 AM   #43
TSLMember

Send a message via AIM to TurboRush91
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguy
another good reason is because i just got a g/f, and want to hang out with her too!

~justin
You'll regret that in a few years.. I figured today's rain would deter my girlfriend, NOPE.

Old 04-23-2005, 12:13 PM   #44
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to JABM
I'm hoping for some pics to find their way onto the site soon!
I was going to try to make it to NH this weekend, but the workload again prevented me from being able to make the trip.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:26 PM   #45
Elder

Send a message via AIM to guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by JABM
I'm hoping for some pics to find their way onto the site soon!
I was going to try to make it to NH this weekend, but the workload again prevented me from being able to make the trip.

How about now?

Unfortunately I didnt get any group shots, I was going to try and snap one before we all went home but since we were all soaked, freezing, hung over and tired, we didn't get around to it. I'd like to be able to put names to cars, but I can't remember right now, ha. I wish I had more pictures from the shindig at Bill's or the meet itself, but the last time me, drinking and moisture came together I runed my camera.

Convoy consisting of Tweek, DeLorean, Abdukted, PaulH, and myself, immedietly before getting a scolding from Hesser College (in)Security

Garrett (Damned if I remember your handle) getting pulled out of GoViggen's yard

Somehow I managed to fall quite far behind GoViggen and DeLorean...

Friday night's convoy plus GoViggen

I stopped for gas on my way back to Manchester and came across this...

The rain sucked and made us all cold and tired, but it was a good meet by any standards. A few of us walked away with some awards. I won a Saabnet sweatshirt and license plate holder, which will definitely make a doctored appearance at Claremont (possibly after changing hands a few times).

It was definitely great to put some names to faces and cars and everything. Special thanks to GoViggen for the crash pad.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-23-2005, 06:27 PM   #46
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to mg_td
ill have some hot pix of the show soon, not to worry, it was a blast! rain be damned!
Old 04-23-2005, 07:21 PM   #47
TSLMember

Send a message via AIM to 86SPG
I hope goviggen's lawn is ok that kinda sucked needing to get towed out next time I'll just do a couple donuts and tear up more of the lawn hahaha

the show was fun, I had a good time, got there early, fought with a tent for an hour or so, until I finally outsmarted it. and I agree it was nice to put some faces with handles and cars with faces, etc. can't wait for next year!!
94 9000 Aero
88 9000S AirFlow
88 900 Turbo 'vert
86 900 SPG
78 99 GLi 5 door
Old 04-23-2005, 07:33 PM   #48
Elder

I should really go down there and aid in the cleanup and lawn repair if it hasn't been done already. Bill, speak up if you need a hand. Tomorrow is open for me.

Old 04-23-2005, 08:05 PM   #49
TSLMember

Quote:
I should really go down there and aid in the cleanup and lawn repair if it hasn't been done already. Bill, speak up if you need a hand. Tomorrow is open for me.
same goes for me, just call my cell
94 9000 Aero
88 9000S AirFlow
88 900 Turbo 'vert
86 900 SPG
78 99 GLi 5 door
Old 04-23-2005, 08:16 PM   #50
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86SPG
Quote:
Think we ought to just show up?

Old 04-23-2005, 08:22 PM   #51
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
Quote:
Originally Posted by escalator guru
haha, well I was able to get yours out no problem

It was a good time. The drinking started out as gin and tonic, but as it progressed it was much less tonic, much more gin- then we dispensed with the mix and started just drinking the gin. It was not soon after that I fell asleep on the hardwood floor using my coat as a pillow

the meet turned out great, lots of people I knew from other events and forums and I met a few new ones too. if there was a distance award- I'll bet I would have won it- had I bothered to pay the $15 and registered...

the ride up was interesting... I accidentally blew by a cop running at *least* 125 MPH... later on, Paul blew by a cop coming out of the toll booths @ WOT. cop pulled out as we all went past him. he drove by and looked us all over, but I think he must have missed the fact it was a saab that blew him by, because he just kept on going- as if to catch up with whomever it was

Saab 900's have their advantages
Old 04-23-2005, 08:27 PM   #52
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
yeah fun time for sure, im shocked that we didnt all go home with a fistfull of tickets after the ride up to Bill's house on friday tho .

i have a video of the shennanigans on the highway, just need a way to host it...

Paul

Old 04-23-2005, 08:33 PM   #53
TSLMember

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
maybe we should, what time?
94 9000 Aero
88 9000S AirFlow
88 900 Turbo 'vert
86 900 SPG
78 99 GLi 5 door
Old 04-23-2005, 08:34 PM   #54
Elder

Paul, try yousendit.com and post the link here, we can all download it that way. don't know where you can get hosting space if you want to stream it.

The thing about yousendit.com is that it's good for only two weeks and a limited number of downloads each time it's uploaded but if someone else downloads it we can just keep posting it there.

Jeff, thanks again for moving the car for me this morning, I really didn't want to be the one who further destroyed the lawn.

And sorry, but that was the most painful gin i've ever drank. i finished off whatever Ben couldn't drink and all I could feel for the next six minutes was my esophagus eating itself. I'll help finance the boozing for Claremont if it means we never have to drink gin-flavored battery acid again. Next time it will be rum flavored battery acid

Old 04-23-2005, 08:36 PM   #55
Elder

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
maybe we should, what time?
Give me a call in the morning, my joints ache so if it's like it was today then I'm staying in bed. My numbers are somewhere in the thread.

Old 04-23-2005, 09:00 PM   #56
Elder

oooh good site .

http://s17.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...1327ZJS7L6H2RK

there it is...enjoy .

Paul

Old 04-23-2005, 09:16 PM   #57
Elder

awesome, i'm downloading it right now. i've got gmail so i can send attachments as big as i'd like to, so if anyone misses it i can email it to them.

Old 04-23-2005, 09:26 PM   #58
Elder

and having just now watched it, I can confidently say...

HOLY. FUCK.

It doesn't look that fast until you point at the spedo. Just... wow man. Holy fuck.

Old 04-23-2005, 09:28 PM   #59
Elder

yup

Paul

Old 04-23-2005, 09:32 PM   #60
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to mg_td
oh thats nothin..... granted, i have never been in a c900 at those speeds.
hah, but i dont have the nuts to do it that frequently on public roads.... thats awesome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in