st. louis meet sunday nov. 11th - Page 3 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Events

Events This forum is for any events thats TSL members should know about. This is left open for all members.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2007, 07:13 PM   #41
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut Butter View Post
Ill be there. Time is unknown but hopefully 11 as well. Looking forward to it!

Edit....Well had the car for only 10 days and already got hit. Cars driveable and isnt heavily damaged but still blows.
Ouch no good. Hope to still see you there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2007, 11:23 PM   #42
SAAB Road Master

So I'm sorry to be posting this so late, but my manager at work asked (forced) me to work to the end of lunch rush tomorrow. I won't be able to be in StL until around 5:30-6:00. Unless things will be going on until then I don't think I'll be able to make it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-11-2007, 03:56 AM   #43
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Adam, myself, and my roomate are getting ready right now to leave from Evansville so we will see you guys in St. Louis.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-11-2007, 04:22 PM   #44
Elder

Just got back and it was a great time. We had a total of 12 people turn out and most were new people that we didn't meet when we went to Nicks. Pictures were taken and the others will have to post them up.

Old 11-11-2007, 06:14 PM   #45
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Old 11-11-2007, 06:20 PM   #46
TSLMember

Nice pics and awesome time! A lot of clean cars and good times. For those I didnt get to know, I had the 05 9-3 Aero. Tried to make the rounds but a lot going on. Look forward to future meets!
Old 11-11-2007, 06:26 PM   #47
Elder

Quote:
Nice pics and awesome time! A lot of clean cars and good times. For those I didnt get to know, I had the 05 9-3 Aero. Tried to make the rounds but a lot going on. Look forward to future meets!
I didn't get a chance to introduce myself in person but I had the black 9-3 with viking rims and was wearing the red taliferro shirt. Your 9-3 sounded awsome. Especially when you jumped in front of me on the highway. Wouldn't have happend if it wasn't for this bloody fuel problem i'm now having . Thanks for coming out and hope to see you again.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:35 AM   #48
TSLMember

Yah, it was a fun time, good meet and great and excellent BBQ. Thanks go to Scott for letting us use his shop and partake of his food/drinks. I don't know how many of you were around when I was mentioning doing this every 3 months or so, but I think it would be a great idea. If there are any other shops that are Saab friendly that would be willing to host, that would be cool. If not, we can always hit Scott up again, I think. Also, we could definitely meet up at a restaurant, Hooters type place or something. I'd like to get everyone up a tad further north for the next one, there's a pretty nice road up north on the Illinois side that would make for a fun drive. I don't know how anyone feels about getting together in the winter for just some food and good conversations, but I'm down for that, and if the roads are in good shape we can do a bit of driving. Anyways, I know this is a bit in advance, just letting everyone know what I've been thinking. If everyone else is down with it, I think it'd be fun. Let me know.

jerel
Old 11-12-2007, 04:38 AM   #49
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerel View Post
Yah, it was a fun time, good meet and great and excellent BBQ. Thanks go to Scott for letting us use his shop and partake of his food/drinks. I don't know how many of you were around when I was mentioning doing this every 3 months or so, but I think it would be a great idea. If there are any other shops that are Saab friendly that would be willing to host, that would be cool. If not, we can always hit Scott up again, I think. Also, we could definitely meet up at a restaurant, Hooters type place or something. I'd like to get everyone up a tad further north for the next one, there's a pretty nice road up north on the Illinois side that would make for a fun drive. I don't know how anyone feels about getting together in the winter for just some food and good conversations, but I'm down for that, and if the roads are in good shape we can do a bit of driving. Anyways, I know this is a bit in advance, just letting everyone know what I've been thinking. If everyone else is down with it, I think it'd be fun. Let me know.

jerel
I'm all for it. We just need to get more of them Red Bull girls to stop by next time . I think we pretty much have the starting of a new club. SCSCC: South Central Sweedish Car Club. Because we have have Paul's volvo buddy who comes out with us everytime now and he is a awsome guy.

Also all those viggens are photo whores . You stole all the good shots away from me, Adam, Alan, Peanut, and gtyre1. Hope I rememembered everybody without viggens in this razz .

Last edited by NahumCC; 11-12-2007 at 04:41 AM.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:07 AM   #50
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by NahumCC View Post
Also all those viggens are photo whores . You stole all the good shots away from me, Adam, Alan, Peanut, and gtyre1. Hope I rememembered everybody without viggens in this razz .
What do you expect when our cars look so much nicer than everyone elses? just playin!

jerel
Old 11-12-2007, 05:08 AM   #51
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerel View Post
What do you expect when our cars look so much nicer than everyone elses? just playin!

jerel
Hahahaha. Well Nick talked with my car................its still acting like a adolescent teenager by not doing whats its told to do and not telling us whats wrong.......maybe it didn't like Nick because he had a hammer .

Old 11-12-2007, 11:44 AM   #52
SAAB Road Master

So what roads did you guys take for the driving part? Or did you just hang out mostly at Fantasy Coachworks?
Old 11-12-2007, 01:30 PM   #53
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by NahumCC View Post
I think we pretty much have the starting of a new club. SCSCC: South Central Sweedish Car Club. Because we have have Paul's volvo buddy who comes out with us everytime now and he is a awsome guy.
A club sounds good. My Volvo friend (Joe/ I call him Elmer) and I were planning to start a performance oriented St. Louis club called STL Swede Speed a while back. Supposedly there's a St. Louis or Missouri Saab club already that I've been meaning to look into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slspf2 View Post
So what roads did you guys take for the driving part? Or did you just hang out mostly at Fantasy Coachworks?
We left the shop at about 3:20 and after the drive at about 5 everyone headed home.

We took Old Quarry Road in Illinois just down the road from the shop (really close but it was sort of hectic getting there). I used to bike ride there with my family when I was younger. It's a fairly low traffic area(though we got stuck behind a semi for a bit and had a scary incident with a bunch of guys passing some motorcycles). The roads were fairly long and straight stretches with a couple bends in a farm land area. I think there were 9 Saab's for the drive (Nick had to drive back home).
Old 11-12-2007, 01:40 PM   #54
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Saaboy Send a message via MSN to Saaboy
9-3 whores!!1

Old 11-12-2007, 01:52 PM   #55

oh, and some more photos:

the rest of the are here:
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z...eet/?start=all
Old 11-12-2007, 01:55 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaboy View Post
9-3 whores!!1
There weren't any 9-5's or 9000's. I'll have to try to get a 9000 ready for next time.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:36 PM   #57
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Old 11-12-2007, 03:34 PM   #58
TSLMember

STL swede speed....lol. Red bull FTW! NahumCC, you know even with fuel, id of seen you in my mirrors Nice meeting ya man. Looked like you were hard at work getting that new stuff on. Again, nice meeting you all. I live in STL, a few of you already know where I live. Hit me up to get together. Nice pics all!
Old 11-12-2007, 04:02 PM   #59
TSLMember

wish someone would have told me that my headlights were on when we were taking those pictures on that country road.. kinda looks crappy, everyone elses cars all chillin out, mine with lights on.. oh well.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:30 PM   #60
Elder

Quote:
STL swede speed....lol. Red bull FTW! NahumCC, you know even with fuel, id of seen you in my mirrors Nice meeting ya man. Looked like you were hard at work getting that new stuff on. Again, nice meeting you all. I live in STL, a few of you already know where I live. Hit me up to get together. Nice pics all!
Well once its fixed we shall have to see who is left in who's mirrors the next time I'm out there. It was great fun. Looking foward to the next time we get it together.

If we get a club going I'd rather keep us seperate from the local saab club out there. We are a group thats deffinitely more performance oriented and I think that should have its own group to be a drawing point. However the other MO saab club would always be welcome to join on runs as any saab would be.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in