The New Eeuroparts vs. TheSaabSite vs. RockAuto - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Vendors > eEuroparts.com

eEuroparts.com eEuroparts.com

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2014, 02:35 PM   #1
Elder

The New Eeuroparts vs. TheSaabSite vs. RockAuto

Just wanted to put up an example of how The New Eeuroparts is worse after the new owners took over.

9-5 Parts (non-OEM):

Qt. 2- Sway Bar End Links
Qt. 2- Tie rod end, Left and Right
Qt. 1- Oil pressure sensor

With shipping:

RockAuto.com w/10% coupon: $76.77
TheSaabSite.com: $81.43
The New Eeuroparts: $101.40

Eeuroparts used to be the first place that I looked for Saab parts, now it's the last. Worse shipping compared to before, higher prices (compared to everyone for this order lol), annoying "sales" emails vs. better overall pricing, etc. etc.

The New Europarts isn't the old Eeuroparts where it was just about always the best deal. The TheSaabSite.com also asks for your VIN to make sure your get the right part and caters to Saab parts, so that's a nice little extra too.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2014, 03:05 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to soccerrplyr
you can get the eeuroparts down a bit with the 5% off saabnet coupon...just saying but then you won't get the free shipping

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 02-17-2014, 05:43 PM   #3
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

rockauto is where I go first, the cross search to Amazon for any deals with Prime.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.

Old 02-17-2014, 07:29 PM   #4
Elder

I agree for the little things they are getting outrageous.

But I do have to say I needed a new slave cylinder for my 9000, and eeuroparts was the best price for a genuine saab part.

Some things they do up the price, others are still competitive.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:15 AM   #5
Elder

Maybe I'm overly sentimental but I just miss the older simpler days when I could go to the old Eeuroparts, select what I wanted, check out out, get free shipping, and bam, I'd have my parts at the best price with the best shipping on my door in 2 days.

And now? Definitely it won't be the best shipping from them, should I order now or wait for a stupid "sale"?, then you have to check if the "sale" price is actually even competitive, it might be good parts, but you still have to cross-shop...and then there was that time I called and they wanted to take a non-refundable deposit with agreement that they may not ship anything ever.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:19 AM   #6
Supporting Vendor
TSLMember

Hi Drew,

Would you mind posting a list of SKUs. I cannot build a cart for more than $74.40 using the parts you're describing and that includes 8.95 for shipping.

Thanks,

Matt
Old 02-18-2014, 06:25 AM   #7
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eEuroparts View Post
Hi Drew,

Would you mind posting a list of SKUs. I cannot build a cart for more than $74.40 using the parts you're describing and that includes 8.95 for shipping.

Thanks,

Matt
Same here, maybe Drew is using all aftermarket parts but not PPS?

-edit-

That is exactly what it is, total is a little over $100 for Febi suspension/steering parts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.

Last edited by Saabeh; 02-18-2014 at 06:33 AM.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:32 AM   #8
Supporting Vendor
TSLMember

If I use Febi which is an OEM quality replacement likely Lemfoerder or TRW in a Febi box I get a cart total of $93.90 and if I use the Genuine SAAB OPS I get 103.90 total with the shipping which for that price you can put something in your cart like Speed Wax and get it for free.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:53 AM   #9
Flirting With TSL Addiction

I, too, do a lot of price shopping. Always start with eEuroparts then check the competition. While rockauto has cheaper prices on certain items, their practice of breaking up orders and charging shipping from multiple warehouses has always left it costing more than eEuroparts. As for the saabsite, their website infuriates me. When I need to get a hard to find part, they say they have it and when I call to order, they don't have it. This just happened last week again on a clutch slave for a 73 Sonett.
While some of eEuroparts prices have gone up recently, I find their customer service has gotten so much better that it is worth every penny.

Former: '97 9000 CS, '94 900 CV, '91 900 SPG,
'80 900 T, '79 900 EMS
Old 02-18-2014, 07:12 AM   #10
Supporting Vendor
TSLMember

Hey 88,

I guess I would ask where we're more expensive now than we were prior to 1/14 of this year? On 1/14 I put in place the most aggressive pricing that this company has ever seen. The price change amounted to approximately 8% off across the board on all lines. Obviously some lines were effected more or less than others. Some didn't move at all and a few went up slightly due to the Euro being more expensive than it was at the start of last year. I just checked the numbers again just now and customers across the board are paying less this year over last. I can tell because our margin on parts is down.

I also took out a lot of the "extra" money on very low priced items that was built in to cover free shipping. Things like an aluminum washer that used to sell for .95 cents now selling for .49 cents for example.

Some of that was offset by raising the minimum for free shipping from $50 to $99 but by far it's a better deal for our customers the way it is right now.

I handle all the pricing for the site so if you have any thoughts let me know.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:37 AM   #11
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Sorry for the confusion on the word "recently" Haha. Owned saabs for 23 years and counting. My eEuroparts relationship is probably 15 years and counting. So by recently, I am probably thinking about the last couple years.
Point is that when you combine price, shipping, inventory and customer service eEuroparts still remains the best option for Saab owners.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:39 AM   #12
Supporting Vendor
TSLMember

cool ty

Old 02-18-2014, 10:00 AM   #13
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88SPG View Post
I, too, do a lot of price shopping. Always start with eEuroparts then check the competition. While rockauto has cheaper prices on certain items, their practice of breaking up orders and charging shipping from multiple warehouses has always left it costing more than eEuroparts. As for the saabsite, their website infuriates me. When I need to get a hard to find part, they say they have it and when I call to order, they don't have it. This just happened last week again on a clutch slave for a 73 Sonett.
While some of eEuroparts prices have gone up recently, I find their customer service has gotten so much better that it is worth every penny.

^^ 100% agree with this. I haven't had to buy too much for my 9-5, mostly parts for the C900's, and the pricing is always comparable and I don't have to deal with the shipments all being broken up like happens with Rock. Most of the time on Rock it's also very difficult to compare quality of the myriad brands that are on there, and the pictures are often not representative of what you get.

I'd rather spend the extra $5-$10 and have the money go to a company run by a small team in the U.S. who are putting lots of effort into motorsports and classics marketing and sponsorships. Hell, developing the nearly drop-in T5 kits for C900's is something I figured I'd never see, or helping to front that group buy on the reproduction Sport & Rally gearsets.

Quote:
You still don't understand. This is like trying to explain calculus to a clam.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:13 PM   #14
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewP View Post
Hell, developing the nearly drop-in T5 kits for C900's is something I figured I'd never see, or helping to front that group buy on the reproduction Sport & Rally gearsets.
What he said.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:35 AM   #15
Elder

Y'all can make all the excuses that you want, but the New eEuroparts pricing is consistently out of line and not nearly as good as when it was the old eEuroparts that we all loved. I buy a LOT of parts and it seems pretty simple to me, the new owners have increased their margins. There's actually nothing wrong with that and whether they have to because they have more overhead, or think they're the only game in town, or want less volume, or have poor management, or just want to try push the whole market higher and make more money that's their business. I'm sure there are many counter-examples, but what I've seen, on the parts I'm trying to buy, is that the pricing is higher and the shipping is worse; both compared to the old beloved eEuroparts, and compared to competitors. It happened again last night:

#55560445 URO drain pipe to oil pan:

New eEuroparts: $5.74
Rock Auto: $4.03

NGK Spark Plug, BCPR73ES:

New eEuroparts: $2.24
Rock Auto: $1.60

4 spark plugs and a hose:

New eEuroparts: $14.70
Rock Auto: $10.43

That's 30% more!

And then shipping to a PA address:

New eEuroparts, ECONOMY: $8.95
Rock Auto, PRIORITY: $6.64

New eEuroparts Total: $23.65
Rock Auto Total: $17.07

That's 28% more expensive, for the exact same thing with WORSE shipping.

Last edited by Drew in Houston; 02-21-2014 at 07:45 AM.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:44 AM   #16
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I agree, prices feel like they went up. But for me at least, eEuro economy shipping will be DELIVERED to me prior to RockAuto sending it out. Priority for them means it goes faster once it gets in the box, it may take 2 days to put it in the box, though!!

And again, the RockAuto multiple shipping system can really bite you. Unfortunately, you have to do your homework every time you buy auto parts, there is no one stop shop.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:49 AM   #17
Elder

Agreed. Especially on the pain split shipping and priority lol.

Not having a go-to, one stop shop is what I miss. With the old eEuroparts, you knew if it wasn't the best price, it was at least competitive, and that the other stuff in your cart was probably lower, you didn't even have to check anyplace else.

And then you got free shipping. The old company made life easier and made it easier and cheaper to own and operate a Saab. That's what I loved. It was awesome.

The feel I had from the old company was that I had a Saab ally. The feel of the new company is that they're going to charge as much as the market will bear (and jack up the shipping from best in class to darn near the bottom, put it back briefly after everyone complains, and then jack it back up again lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuHuSPG View Post
I agree, prices feel like they went up. But for me at least, eEuro economy shipping will be DELIVERED to me prior to RockAuto sending it out. Priority for them means it goes faster once it gets in the box, it may take 2 days to put it in the box, though!!

And again, the RockAuto multiple shipping system can really bite you. Unfortunately, you have to do your homework every time you buy auto parts, there is no one stop shop.

Last edited by Drew in Houston; 02-21-2014 at 08:14 AM.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:50 PM   #18
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to g96nt Send a message via AIM to g96nt Send a message via MSN to g96nt Send a message via Yahoo to g96nt
Do you cross-shop FCP?
They seemed to be more inline with what we were used to, and for guys like me, they're just as close, so shipping times are similar.

I agree that EEuro used to be my go-to, but more often than not, I need smaller things like o-rings, and I'm paying $10 to ship o-rings, when a $1 padded envelope would get it to me fast/cheap. The idea that raising the free shipping to new and higher thresholds will produce larger orders, is a turn-off. The larger the order gets at eeuro, the bigger the spread gets, and soon the argument against ebay/amazon/USautoparts becomes unwinnable(is that a word?) for eeuro.

Back when their free shipping was $40, I would order $200-$300 often. Obviously, I didn't do it for the free shipping. I did it because there was value in it. free, or not, It was sent fedex saturday, so I could get it next day. I was confident that I didn't have to compare.

TSS frustrates me, too. You have to understand the model, though.
They're simply a liaison between you and the dealership.
you order through their site, and they order the parts through the dealership for you.
most often, I got my parts directly from a dealership on the cape, which was nice, but you're dealing with a site that doesn't have direct access to the dealership's inventory.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:05 PM   #19
Elder

Having spend thousands at eEuro over the years, the $99 shipping sucks. Nice to have the $40 or $50 limit, as g96nt I might spend $200-300 on an order, but sometimes I need a small item and don't want to spend big money on shipping when a small padded envelope with usps or priority shipping would do.

With Amazon prime and two day shipping, it gets checked as frequently for orders.

Had to order a 9-5 bracket, with shipping it was cheaper to order it thru dealer and got it overnight delivery locally.
94 C900 Vert - Sold
94 325i Vert

Last edited by oliversexpedition; 02-25-2014 at 07:16 AM.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:20 PM   #20
Elder

Send a message via AIM to soccerrplyr
I was just looking over some of my past orders and comparing to the prices then vs now and my have they changed. I bought the engine dress up kit for $29 in Nov/Dec, now it's https://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/571...ess-101K10098/ stainless prices must really have gone up in the last 3 months.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in