Site Improvements - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Vendors > eEuroparts.com

eEuroparts.com eEuroparts.com

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #1
Supporting Vendor
TSLMember

Site Improvements

We've noted some comments our our new site. Here are eEuroparts.com we analyze data in order to come to conclusions. Our data shows that our new site converts better than our old site with both first time customers are repeat customers alike. So in general customers like the new site; however we understand that things can always be improved. One of the ways we improve is by customer feedback.

Use this thread to post any ideas that you have that could make our site:
  • Easier to use
  • Faster
  • More informative

Also please note we're aware that the new site does not offer online RMAs. We're aware of that, there's no need to post that it doesn't. We're working on bringing that back for August.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

It would be nice to know how to report errors in your illustrated parts diagrams.

For example, the suspension diagram for a '91 9000 is kinda messed up... item numbers don't match the balloon numbers in the illustration.

'91 9000CD Turbo, Auto, Iridium Blue
'91 9000T, 5MT, Tally Red (No-Start Project)
'92 9000T, 5MT, Black
'04 9-5 Wagon, Auto, Nocturne Blue
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-07-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
Flirting With TSL Addiction

On the old site you always had the vehicle diagram on the page. Say I went to a '95 SAAB 900 SE Turbo front suspension page. The diagram for the front suspension was there. I loved it.

Now I have to find the part, then click on "View this part on the vehicle diagram" to see the diagram. That is backwards!

Say I look at the front suspension diagram for th NG900, I see I need part #4 and not #5 (makes a difference on a NG900, check it out!). Today I won't know unless I click to see the diagram. The old way it was always obvious.

That picture should be at the very top of the page. On the old site you had it downsized, and I had to click on it to see it bigger. Just fine! Please go back to the old way, have the parts diagram always there!

Last edited by Snabb SAAB; 07-07-2012 at 12:45 PM.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:15 AM   #4
Supporting Vendor
TSLMember

Dantinne & Snabb SAAB,

We've made some improvements to our diagram display based on your suggestions. Using Snabb's 95 Saab 900 SE Turbo Suspension example, you'll now see an "Open Diagram" icon on the left hand side of the page above the Select a Category column. Simply click on this to see the diagram.

We've also removed the part rank numbers and replaced them with the corresponding diagram numbers. We were causing confusion with the old numbers because they were numeric rankings of the parts (1,2,3,4...) and did not match the diagram numbers. Once you clicked on the part and then the diagram, it would tell you which number your selected part corresponded to. Now, only parts that appear on the diagram will have a number, and the number will match the diagram exactly.

We hope this helps to alleviate your concerns and improve your interaction with our new site. We always appreciate the feedback too; sometimes we can get so wrapped up in our "great" new ideas that we miss simple stuff like this. If you have any other suggestions or questions, please post here, or email us at [email protected], or call us at 800-467-9769. We love the ideas!

Thanks,
Jordan
Old 07-11-2012, 09:07 AM   #5
Elder

One thing I really liked about the old site was that each part listing had a mouse-over which contained the interchange info. In Snabb's example I could mouse-over the two parts and it would be obvious what the year break in parts were. Sometimes the interchange info is readable in the info block at the bottom of the part listing, sometimes not. If it's not, now I need to open the part(s) and then click the 'Fitment Info' tab. A small inconvenience but it saved a lot of time.

When I used to run my shop I would actually use the eEuro site fairly frequently for year to year interchange info on parts because it was more convenient than trying to figure it out by part number in the factory EPC.

The other minor thing that doesn't happen now is that when I change my year, make, or model in the drop downs at the top of the page, I have to actually choose a sub-category for parts, then click 'GO' in order for the page to refresh and search for that car model.

It used to be that the drop downs would refresh as you changed them, so I'm in the habit of choosing my car (I will frequently order parts for more than one car in a single order, so I change it a lot) then going right to searching for parts. Now when I do that, it does the search for whichever car I had been looking at, rather than the one I changed the menu to.

Quote:
You still don't understand. This is like trying to explain calculus to a clam.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #6
Supporting Vendor
TSLMember

Hi DrewP,

Thanks for the input. Your first point is interesting, although I don't remember the ability to mouse over the fitment info. You might have been able to see general fitment info in the description of the part, and that might have expanded if you hovered over it. I imagine this is what you're referring to. However, even on the old site you had to click on the part to see the fitment list, and if the fitment range wasn't in the description you definitely had to click on the part. The reason we moved the fitment info to a separate tab is because the majority of our customers are searching for one vehicle at a time (their own). Therefore, they know that the part fits their vehicle because their vehicle is already in the Vehicle Selector. Also, when a part fits many cars (sometimes 100s of vehicles), the fitment on the old site stretched out the page and made navigating cumbersome. By placing it on a separate tab we've cleaned up our parts pages and sped up page load times. I can understand how your unique searches will now take an extra click, but this is likely the format we will continue with.

As to your second point, we made this change intentionally. As I said before, the majority of our customers are buying parts for a single car at a time, and to avoid fitment confusion we decided to lock in every aspect of the Vehicle Selector. If you don't want to change your vehicle when you execute a second search, you can always click the "Click here to try your search on all vehicles" link below every search result. If not, you will have to select a category to search for a part within that category. Again, for someone with your unique search requirements, this is going to take an extra click, but with every change we try to make the greatest number of people happy, and we've seen less confusion and more positive feedback from these changes than not.

Thanks again for the input. If you come across any other suggestions, please don't hesitate to make your voice heard.

-Jordan
Old 07-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #7
Elder

Thanks Jordan, I'm glad they were conscious decisions rather than oversights!

It's also really nice that you're communicating how things are going with your users, it makes us all feel much better.

And you're definitely right that I'm not your average shopper.

Quote:
Old 07-13-2012, 06:37 AM   #8
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by eEuroparts View Post
Dantinne & Snabb SAAB,

We've made some improvements to our diagram display based on your suggestions.

(...)

Thanks,
Jordan
Bravo!
Old 01-15-2013, 09:27 AM   #9
Elder

Bump.

Just placed an order for some parts for my 9-5, the wife's Mini and a co-worker's E46 3-series. Everything shows in stock, and several things look drastically on sale.

Rear rotors for my 9-5 are on clearance - Brembo or ATE for ~$34. Sweeeet.

Had to call customer service because my shipping and billing addresses didn't match and it put my order on hold, I only had to wait a minute or two to get someone on the line to square it up.

Quote:
Old 01-15-2013, 09:32 AM   #10
Elder

Also, Jordan if you or anyone else sees this, one comment I have on the ordering page.

It would be nice to see what vehicle each part is meant for in my cart. It only shows part # and description and price. I know it's probably not common for someone to order for more than one vehicle at a time, but there are enough of us that would like the assurance that I didn't forget to change vehicles when I added parts to my cart and accidentally order a thermostat for the Mini instead of the BMW.

Something to consider, it would go a long way for those of us nut jobs who have too many cars.

Would be beneficial for shop owners too. Your price on those brake rotors and Pentofrost coolant was as good or better as ordering through a shop account from SSF or WorldPac, and you guys are far and above their level of customer service. SSF just bombards with sales calls, and WorldPac only seems to care about numbskull Lube & Brake shops who buy their house brand Chinese garbage.

Quote:
Old 01-15-2013, 04:34 PM   #11
Supporting Vendor
TSLMember

Hi Drew,

Actually we have some updates forthcoming. The first round will be a revised PartDetail page. I've been wanting to make some changes for a while just to make it clearer if there are fitment notes on parts etc. After that we will be making some cart updates. I had started making some minor changes and then was stalled over other items. I'm going to be circling back to it more when I have time in February. Right now I'm between developers doing all of my own coding again.

This is an aside but if anybody knows a freelance front end developer we have an opening up on Odesk currently to spearhead some site improvements.

Thanks,

Matt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:49 PM   #12
Elder

I actually have a friend (who happens to be another Saab fanatic) who may fit that bill, I will have him take a look at this post. He's even got some auto parts web catalogue experience.

I'm sending you a P/M right now.

Quote:
Old 01-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #13
Supporting Vendor
TSLMember

Thanks Drew here is the link he's welcome to email me directly.

https://www.odesk.com/jobs/Front-End...da8e1420e834f0

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in