Genuine Direct Ignition Cassettes - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Vendors > eEuroparts.com

eEuroparts.com eEuroparts.com

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #1

Genuine Direct Ignition Cassettes

Hello Saablink Users,

We've taken a lot of flack lately regarding the price of Genuine DI Cassettes. Most of the information on these forums has been wrong so here are the facts:
  • Black DIs is our most important item.
  • We are committed to keeping it in stock no matter the cost so that our loyal 9-3 & 9-5 users can drive their cars.
  • Our average cost to acquire this item has been north of $400 for the last four months. In one instance a few weeks ago we actually paid $474.50 to buy one for a customer.
  • Some of our competitors show them on their web sites as in stock. We're fairly certain that they do not actually have them in stock.
  • Our profit margin on DI cassettes, when you consider freight charges, is currently 1/4 of what it was historically when we were selling them for 8% to 10% off list.

The good news is that here at eEuroparts we expect almost 90% of our outstanding Saab back orders to be resolved late next week by Saab. We appreciate that some customers have been patiently waiting for their Genuine parts and the news that we have now is that they are coming.

Additionally our contacts in Sweeden have told us that they expect Genuine part production to be at 2010 levels at least until the end of 2012 when the government of Sweeden in conjunction with the new ownership groups will plan a strategic re-alignment of the part and car production. The goals as we understand them are to save jobs and keep Saabs on the road.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #2

Oh and by the way when we can get Genuine DIs for NET again the price will come back down. BEWARE some of the change recently from Saab include:
  • They're reconfiguring item cost (NET Price). One item we expect to increase in cost will be DI Cassettes so even when the price comes down it may not come down that much.
  • Dealers and eEuro are now paying freight charges to acquire items. This means that retail prices will need to go up on certain items especially body items to cover costs to ship the items to us.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-06-2012, 11:59 AM   #3
WSW
Elder

Updates like these are nice

Old 07-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSW View Post
Updates like these are nice
We're glad to hear it! We've actually just recently added a blog to our site with frequent updates about parts and events! You can check it out here!
Old 07-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #5
Elder

what about all of the problems we've all been having with our orders? things are taking way longer to ship than they used to. lots of users here don't even want to shop with eEuro any more.
I myself have been very unhappy with my last two orders.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:36 PM   #6

Unhappy in what capacity? Unhappy with the amount of time that shipments took to arrive or unhappy with the amount of time that it took for your order to ship?
Old 07-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #7
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojohnny View Post
things are taking way longer to ship than they used to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eEuroparts View Post
Unhappy in what capacity? Unhappy with the amount of time that shipments took to arrive or unhappy with the amount of time that it took for your order to ship?
All due respect, your orders seem to never ship OUT quickly anymore....i think that he'd be bitching at the postal service otherwise if it was transit time that was issue..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'01 9-3 Vert Stg 2/e85

Quote:
dont make me photoshop a dick in your mouth
Old 07-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #8

I'm going to take this in two bites:

Estimated ship dates:

Since we've launched the new web site and have been tracking "estimated ship dates" which we never did before 5/18:

75.2 % of packages have shipped at least 1 day before the estimated ship date
10.3 % of packages have shipped on the estimated estimated ship date.

The remaining roughly 14.5% of orders all contain at least 1 Genuine item (Saab, Volvo, or BMW) of which 91.3% of those are Saab. So yes I will be the first to admit we're not meeting our shipping commitment on Genuine Saab items. Guess what, we have some back orders from Saab personally that are now 17 months old. Saab hasn't been meeting their shipping commitments either. C'est la vie. Our experience is that most customers who order Genuine Saab items and don't get it right away have been understanding regarding the situation. We send emails when ship dates expire and customers can either keep waiting or we can ship what we have etc. We also ship partial shipments on or before estimated ship dates. Most items have eventually shipped within 3 - 4 weeks.

The good news is that we're now aware that almost all of our back orders are going to be cleaned up next week. Then it should be back to business as usual for the present time. By the end of next week you will see items back on our site that you haven't been able to order since December because they were unobtainable.

Time in Transit:

The real difference between this year and last year is that time in transit is up .8 days.

Historically eEuro promoted Free 1-3 Day shipping on orders over $49. The reality is that is that between fuel surcharges and FedEx's yearly January price increases (9% price increase on 3day Express saver which was key component in free 1-3 day) drove our costs to ship packages this year up almost 18%. As everybody who orders from us frequently knows, we tried a variety of solutions to combat this issue, price changes, free shipping minimum increases etc. We finally settled on the solution we have now which is a marginally slower, lower cost option.

We don't ship USPS except to Puerto Rico, and APO. We ship FedEx SmartPost(tm). With FedEx SmartPost(tm) a third party carrier handles the final mile and sometimes some intermediate sorting and transit. This final mile carrier is typically the US Post Office but can sometimes be a private local courier service in remote rural areas or even FedEx themselves.

We ship any packages less than a certain weight and dimension via this service when customers use the Free Shipping option. When you checkout you're given two pieces of information your estimated ship date and a time in transit for the shipping method. Our experience with SmartPost(tm) has been great. FedEx has exceeded the commitment that they laid out back in our meeting in March. Time in transit is Ground or Home Delivery service +1 day (98.5% of the time); however it can actually be faster because Home Delivery doesn't deliver on Monday and Ground doesn't deliver on Saturdays.

In our most recent survey of our competitors for the July minimum increase from $29.99 to $49.99 for free shipping we still feel like we have the best, most economical shipping methods, and the lowest free shipping minimums. Obviously in certain specific situations that's may not be true but generally we are more than competitive and you always get a tracking number and insurance.

Thanks CS Team
Old 07-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #9
Elder

another complaint is a lack of communication on eEuro's end. my last order I waited a whole week before it even shipped. then when I finally got a tracking number I was a little relieved. when the package showed up it was only one of about 6 parts I had ordered. there was no notification that it was only one part that had shipped. so I called your customer service. I was told that the other parts were not available. but you could probably find them from a different vendor.

at the point of sale, everything was available. why was I not notified that some parts were not available?

I waited a few more days and had no correspondance, so I called and cancelled my order. I also sent an email requesting my order cancelled. I was told I would have a refund in about three business days.
after a week I had no refund, but my parts showed up

when most of us order parts we don't have weeks to wait for them. if things are going to be delayed longer than the "estimated delivery date" don't you think that the customer should be notified?
Old 07-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #10
Site Moderator

Oh, hi!

https://www.saablink.net/forum/off-topic/59477.htm
Old 07-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #11

Turbo, please give me your email address. I'd like to research this further.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #12
Flirting With TSL Addiction

From an APO customer: please, when shopping here please send by USPS Priority Mail directly, and not some third party that delivers the package to USPS. Those schemes only slow down our mail that is already painfully show. I will gladly pay an extra five or ten dollars just to have a package sent straight by Priority Mail versus FedEx or UPS. Many business talk about supporting the troops. Shipping by Priority Mail should be on the top of their list if they mean it.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #13

All shipments to apo, afo, ae, and Puerto Rico go via usps priority mail direct. Rest assured. We tried shipping via SmartPost to an apo in Arkansas and it took 19 total days. We will not be doing that again.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #14
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to DanF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snabb SAAB View Post
From an APO customer: please, when shopping here please send by USPS Priority Mail directly, and not some third party that delivers the package to USPS. Those schemes only slow down our mail that is already painfully show. I will gladly pay an extra five or ten dollars just to have a package sent straight by Priority Mail versus FedEx or UPS. Many business talk about supporting the troops. Shipping by Priority Mail should be on the top of their list if they mean it.
If you are in Germany (I'm assuming this because of the APO address topic, and your profile info) why wouldn't you order from an actual European parts site?
1987 900T parts car
1987 900 SPG parts car
1991 900T sold
1997 9000 Aero sold
2004 9-5 Aero sold
Old 07-07-2012, 12:13 AM   #15

They aren't always chapter, and if I want to avoid paying 19% sales tax I have to mail them a tax exemption form first and hope they don't forget to mail it back. I paid $70 for a strut bearing two months ago, without sales tax, because I didn't want to wait for shipping from the US.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:16 AM   #16

Quote:
All shipments to apo, afo, ae, and Puerto Rico go via usps priority mail direct. Rest assured. We tried shipping via SmartPost to an apo in Arkansas and it took 19 total days. We will not be doing that again.
That's good to hear. I ordered some stuff from a different vendor a few months back, they speed by UPS to USPS and it took 55 days.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:10 AM   #17

Quote:
I'm going to take this in two bites:

Estimated ship dates:

Since we've launched the new web site and have been tracking "estimated ship dates" which we never did before 5/18:

75.2 % of packages have shipped at least 1 day before the estimated ship date
10.3 % of packages have shipped on the estimated estimated ship date.
You had me in your corner until this.

With all due respect for your admirable willingness to come out and confront the issues here, the shipping date stats are completely meaningless. It's simple for a retailer to make the estimated ship date whatever they want it to be. Having problems in timely order fulfillment? Move your estimated ship times back one or two days, and suddenly you're able to quote vastly improved statistics.

When orders that used to ship same day are now shipped in two days, they're still "timely" because the estimated ship date is three days. This is how airlines improve on-time performance: just make the estimated flight times longer by 25 minutes.

In reality, the arrival dates for most shipments have changed because of your changes in shipping policies and carriers. Ordering from eEuro used to be easier than making a trip to a dealer. Most new customers won't notice much, but those of us who have used eEuro since the early 2000s have been seriously disappointed.

But let's hope this is a first step toward rebuilding those relationships.

Good luck.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:25 AM   #18

Thank you for the comment. I'm confused. We haven't actually changed our time to ship estimates.

Aftermarket items are still 1-2 business days and Genuine items are typically 5-7 business days. In fact we used to have lots of aftermarket items that were marked as either 5-7 business days or 11-14 business days. We've changed all of those to be 1-2 business days. So estimates on the site typically are much faster than they used to be.

We've also made a recent change to mark a lot of Genuine Saab items as "Special Order". Special order right now has a 21 business day lead time. Hopefully after next week most of the items on special order will change back to 5-7 business day lead or they will be in stock.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:55 AM   #19
Elder

Send a message via AIM to rafal
Quote:
Additionally our contacts in Sweeden have told us that they expect Genuine part production to be at 2010 levels at least until the end of 2012 when the government of Sweeden

my $0.02. carry on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:47 AM   #20
Elder

Send a message via AIM to soccerrplyr
I ordered a part that was in stock..a week later with no notification i checked back on its status only to be told it was now back ordered and there was no timetable. If I hadn't checked in, i'd still be waiting without any info on your end. Canceled order..ordered the same exact oem part from parts for saabs as soon as I got of the phone with your company and had in in my hands alittle later for the same sales price. The order before this took a week to go from CT to VT when before all these shipping changes I'd use to get it the next day or two tops! Many people are abandoning ship because they get stability and security in ordering parts from other venders that are in stock when they say they are, comparibly priced and get their parts in under a week. By the way, you can get black oem direct ignition cassettes from europe with shipping for less that what you are now charging. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUIN...item4160a98605 Just one of many examples. Maybe you should buy them out to sell at your 500 price. That's a profit of 115 per cassette.

Last edited by soccerrplyr; 07-07-2012 at 07:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
bmw, eeuroparts, saab, volvo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in