wood door trim- The newest modification to my Aero. - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9000 Forum > Customizing Your Saab 9000

Customizing Your Saab 9000 This forum contains all CUSTOMIZING related Q&A's, such as Lights (taillights, headlights, turn indicators, clear corners, etc), Interior and Exterior modifications, Wiring, Gauges and more.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2005, 07:38 AM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to AeroDynamic
wood door trim- The newest modification to my Aero.

Okay... so this weekend i finally got my wood door trim (runs along top of all 4 doors) It looks so amazing. I worked on it for 8 hours on saturday and only got the back 2 doors finished. Its a huge job and lots of drilling involved I was verry nervouse DRILLING into my pretty black interior... oh man if i would have messed up i would have been in hell. Anyways i havent taken photos yet because its been pouring. If it stops i can snap a couple with my cell at lunch and then take some good ones with the digital camera tonight. Then i will post up pictures this weekend (before and after) of the front doors.

-Kaylan Marie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2005, 08:08 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
Nice...I always thought those wood door caps looked cool. Even better though would be a brushed aluminum dash face (instead of the wood) and brushed aluminum door caps to match.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-24-2005, 08:13 AM   #3
Elder

yeah i bought these and figured if i ever went to a black CF or brushed aluminum i could get these covered or something. It wouldnt be to hard.... i just think my wood looks so great i cant get myself to take it out....

Old 10-24-2005, 08:25 AM   #4
Elder

Quote:
yeah i bought these and figured if i ever went to a black CF or brushed aluminum i could get these covered or something. It wouldnt be to hard....

Yeah, the problem is that the wood is actually part of the dash face. I had the dash/interior COMPLETELY apart in my CSE and the wood isn't an overlay or anything like that (at least in 95). The problem I'd hate to have is putting a CF or aluminum dash face over the wood grain and then having too much of a lip around switches, radios, etc.

Old 10-24-2005, 08:28 AM   #5
Elder

hmmm i am not sure. i guess it would depend on if it had the dash from the factory or if it was an aftermarket option someone installed. DAMNIT i was i had my window sticker.... (and my owners manual )
Old 10-24-2005, 08:34 AM   #6
Elder

I could be wrong but....I think the wood was pretty common on the Aero post 95. I've seen pics of a carbon dash in a 94 9k before...there was someone on the other saab site that had one.

Old 10-24-2005, 08:37 AM   #7
Elder

i know the wood was common.... on the dash.... have you ever seen the wood on the top of the doors before?? its not like the wood around the inside handle or anything. its long wood strips along the top of the doors that i just installed. not the dash.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:43 AM   #8
Elder

Yeah, I've seen the wood on the tops of the doors. I think it looks pretty darn good. Too bad its a relatively rare accessory and usually costs $$$.

I just brought up the dash face because I think it looks cool with the two matching.

Old 10-24-2005, 08:45 AM   #9
Elder

i like that its rare.... it did cost me wayyyy to much $$$ but no one else has it so its so worth it
Old 10-24-2005, 08:49 AM   #10
Elder

Now you got to find the rest of the wood pieces that exist for the interior....rear ashtray door?

Old 10-24-2005, 09:08 AM   #11
Elder

i already have all of those wood trim pieces... the full wood dash... center consol cover.... ash tray... (i think) i want the trim around the inside door handels... and the trim around the window switches in the center and on the back doors painted body color... im going to get that done the same time i get my headlight eyebrows painted and the front headlight wipers (forgot those the last time) and when the hood gets re-painted (and front badge shaved) and when i get my griffin decals painted on in black wood grain <--- haha im sorry thats going to look so sick. very very sick
Old 10-24-2005, 09:49 AM   #12
Elder

Wow kaylan. What you've done sounds so sick. Can't wait to see pictures of. I was thinking about getting eyebrows but i dont know if it'll look good on a light car. I know black will look sick. Good luck. I'll check back later for pictures.

Old 10-24-2005, 09:58 AM   #13
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saab93cse
Wow kaylan. What you've done sounds so sick. Can't wait to see pictures of. I was thinking about getting eyebrows but i dont know if it'll look good on a light car. I know black will look sick. Good luck. I'll check back later for pictures.
what are you talking about?? you could buy the eyebrows and not even paint them.... because your car already has all the black trim... it would match perfectly!!!
Old 10-24-2005, 10:33 AM   #14
Elder

No,Iwould definatly paint them... I don't like them unpainted. Besides I'm painting all my mirrors, spoiler, trims and everything to match the car.

Old 10-24-2005, 10:57 AM   #15
Elder

yeah everything matching looks awesome.... way cleaner.... you should buy a aero body kit and then paint everything.... i think im going to get my trim all taken off and filled in and sanded down and painted.... so its just a straight body.... so that when you paint over the trim there isnt like the bumps and stuff..... you know what i mean?? i think i might get the front bumper done in a few months.... and then do the rest of the car another time.... that would require almost a full paint job..... alot of $$$. Is there anything behind the trim that you need access to?? or is it just there for no reason?
Old 10-24-2005, 11:19 AM   #16
Elder

Yea.. Everything painted to match looks awesome.. way cleaner. I might do the painting during Thankgiving weekend if it's not to cold. If I don't then it'll just be another spring project (have tons of plans for spring already)...

Quote:
Is there anything behind the trim that you need access to?? or is it just there for no reason?
What do you mean to access to? Painting wise.

Old 10-24-2005, 11:23 AM   #17
Elder

i mean is there anything behind the trim?? or is it just for looks. like does it hide any wires or anything or if i take it off im perfectly okay?

*EDIT i have a TON planned for the spring too
Old 10-24-2005, 11:31 AM   #18
Elder

It's for the looks. I'm not sure if i will take off the whole bumper to paint. I know theres the foglight wires and the the intercooler and such also. Either way, it's going to looks nice...

Old 10-24-2005, 11:32 AM   #19
Elder

During the winter I'll mainly work on the interior.. couple things include CF dash, boost gauge, floor mats and others...

Old 10-24-2005, 03:30 PM   #20
Elder

Found that pic of the carbon dash.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in