9k coilovers - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9000 Forum > Customizing Your Saab 9000

Customizing Your Saab 9000 This forum contains all CUSTOMIZING related Q&A's, such as Lights (taillights, headlights, turn indicators, clear corners, etc), Interior and Exterior modifications, Wiring, Gauges and more.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2011, 07:51 AM   #1
TSLMember

9k coilovers

so as alot of you may know i made some coilovers a year or so ago now and kind of disapeared from the saab world... anyhow im thinking of selling my full set of coilovers and probably will be making more... you can search some of my old post and see pics of them and of my car with them on there they are still on it now so i will update photos soon if i get alot of interest thanks pm me for prices
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2011, 08:16 AM   #2
WSW
Elder

Pics?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-30-2011, 08:56 AM   #3
TSLMember

The Saab Link Forums - Boosted92.9k's Album: coilovers

Old 10-30-2011, 09:06 AM   #4
WSW
Elder

What struts/shocks? whats the spring rates?
Old 10-30-2011, 09:13 AM   #5
SAAB Road Master

those have no shock seal/rod road water/debris protection.
Meaning they will require Constant maintenance just to stay alive.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:28 AM   #6
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSW View Post
What struts/shocks? whats the spring rates?
i made them from raceland bodies they are 350 lbs/inch front and 300 lbs/inch rear..... and as far as protection cause there is no plastic sleeve i know many peole running these brand coilovers and they dont have any problems
Old 10-31-2011, 03:58 AM   #7
Elder

I would think that if you keep them out of nasty salty winter weather they will probably be ok. Most coilovers are designed this way.

How bounce were these? and, What would be ballpark price if you mass produce?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Jason

1992 Saab 9000 Turbo - Cirrus White
1986 Saab 900 Turbo SPG Clone - Admiral Blue
1992 Saab 900 Base - Talladega Red
Old 10-31-2011, 03:55 PM   #8
TSLMember

almost every coilover on the market they recommend every once and awhile to clean or at least just pressure wash the threads and bodies and they will last....and they really didnt bounce at all they road very well for being as low as it was...and if i was to make more i would sell the sets for $600 thats for a full set i wont just do fronts i only do full sets. Thanks for the interests
Old 11-01-2011, 04:06 AM   #9
Elder

That's not a bad price for a full coilover setup!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Jason

1992 Saab 9000 Turbo - Cirrus White
1986 Saab 900 Turbo SPG Clone - Admiral Blue
1992 Saab 900 Base - Talladega Red
Old 11-01-2011, 06:25 AM   #10
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted92.9k View Post
almost every coilover on the market they recommend every once and awhile to clean or at least just pressure wash the threads and bodies and they will last....and they really didnt bounce at all they road very well for being as low as it was...and if i was to make more i would sell the sets for $600 thats for a full set i wont just do fronts i only do full sets. Thanks for the interests
Its always the little bits of grit that get in the threads and make a nightmare adjusting. When we setup a car I always start by carefully powerwashing the threads or at least air blast if it has been out IRL for a while.

Saw a japan tuner car that they used overgrown leg/sweatbands around them to keep them clean. Not sure what they are called. Like the tops of tall socks.

|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Old 11-03-2011, 05:10 AM   #11
TSLMember

come on someone must want a set of coilovers...i had people lined up the first time i talked about these to buy sets
Old 11-03-2011, 10:29 AM   #12
WSW
Elder

I'm very interested but don't need the rear shocks
Old 11-03-2011, 01:30 PM   #13
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Svenska94Aero
I would definitely be interested in a set, but I'd like to know how you solved the issues with the rear perches you talked about in your previous threads. Some photos and details would be really helpful. How much adjustability do they have; i.e. how do they compare to stock when they are cranked all the way up, and how low are they at the lowest setting? How bouncy/firm are they? What are you using for top mounts, just stock? Because stock mounts won't last long with the increased angles from extreme lowering, coilovers are best installed with adjustable pillow-ball mounts. As much info as you could possibly provide would be excellent.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:12 AM   #14
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenska94Aero View Post
I would definitely be interested in a set, but I'd like to know how you solved the issues with the rear perches you talked about in your previous threads. Some photos and details would be really helpful. How much adjustability do they have; i.e. how do they compare to stock when they are cranked all the way up, and how low are they at the lowest setting? How bouncy/firm are they? What are you using for top mounts, just stock? Because stock mounts won't last long with the increased angles from extreme lowering, coilovers are best installed with adjustable pillow-ball mounts. As much info as you could possibly provide would be excellent.
+1 Also interested but need more info/pics. Also info on fitting...are these a bolt on upgrade or is there a fair bit of work involved to fit them?

Stage 1 9-3 vert...alive....& too
slow
Old 11-04-2011, 04:53 AM   #15
Flirting With TSL Addiction

I want coilover's so bad haha I want to make them on my own though.. how long were these struts? and I would be looking for rates more in the 500 range.

Quote:
until something like this is available for saabs, there will be no slammage.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:40 AM   #16
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Svenska94Aero
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOAB View Post
I want coilover's so bad haha I want to make them on my own though.. how long were these struts? and I would be looking for rates more in the 500 range.
Yeah, I'm kind of worried about the spring rates too, 350/300lb seems a bit soft for these cars, especially if you want to run dumped, or actually use them on a track like coilovers were originally intended. So I'm really curious about how the ride actually feels.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:49 PM   #17
Flirting With TSL Addiction

I probably feels fairly stiff but very compfertable.. my buddies runnin similar rates on his miata and it ROUGH

Quote:
until something like this is available for saabs, there will be no slammage.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:42 AM   #18
TSLMember

these are a bolt in coilover no modifactaions needed they adjust up and down 3" they ride great for coilovers not bouncy and not to firm...as for pillow mount top hats if you look at any other coilovers on the market they hardley ever come with those... an adjustable pillow mount is an added option for camber adjustability but where as a saab doesnt have camber issues you dont need them
Old 11-05-2011, 09:26 AM   #19
Avid TSL User

Cool! Would you be willing to ship to the UK?

Stage 1 9-3 vert...alive....& too
slow
Old 11-05-2011, 10:21 AM   #20
SAAB Road Master

I'm interested, need a set for my project 9000, but would also need further technical information to proceed. I plan to base my spring rates on the results of corner weighing after the main work is complete, nearly done taking stuff off.

Also interested in the Sweden one's you located Dave, know a native that can investigate and I'll report back.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
not gonna happen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in