HOW TO: upgrade your lighting - Page 4 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9000 Forum > Customizing Your Saab 9000

Customizing Your Saab 9000 This forum contains all CUSTOMIZING related Q&A's, such as Lights (taillights, headlights, turn indicators, clear corners, etc), Interior and Exterior modifications, Wiring, Gauges and more.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2010, 06:37 PM   #61
Elder

sorry about the latenessness

This is my car, and it's for me. This is not for you

132417saab™©
AKA "numbers"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2010, 02:34 PM   #62
Elder

Hmm, my car does not have that....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-16-2010, 06:01 PM   #63
Elder

I remember reading somewhere that cars with out drls didn't have that thing but. I'm not positive one that

132417saab™©
AKA "numbers"

Old 09-21-2010, 07:16 PM   #64
SAAB Road Master

My 97 has Daytime driving lights. But no gizmo as in that photo
Old 02-20-2011, 03:14 PM   #65
TSLMember

Sorry for dragging up an old thread but just wanted to say that this isn't the same for Australian Models.
I went on ebay and bought new globes because even the sylvania/osram site said the 9000 uses 9005 9006 but my aussie model has h1's low and high beam are the same type of globes the only difference is the low beam has a reflector in front of the globe to bounce the light back so was thinking of pulling the light apart and removing that.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:52 PM   #66
SAABeginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabkid37 View Post
any more detail on that?

my dads being a dork too, claims putting these bulbs in the low beam spot will cause issues with the relay. i do not agree, and i dont believe mike has had any issues whatsoever with this.
According to my relay, it appears to be rated at 65W for both high and low beams.
Old 12-30-2014, 04:56 PM   #67
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenCon View Post
According to my relay, it appears to be rated at 65W for both high and low beams.
Thanks for the heads up we've all been wondering about that.

Since '11

132417saab™©
AKA "numbers"
Old 01-03-2015, 07:14 AM   #68
SAABeginner

The reason that dimmer resistor is there is to make it easier to see into the distance with high beams by making the low beam illumination less dominant; when we have a brightly-lit foreground (low beams), that brighter foreground area forces our eyes to adjust (pupils contract), resulting in the high beam distance seeming dimmer.
Our eyes perform general field-of-view auto-exposure, continually adjusting to the brightest area, wherever it is. You've seen the result of using auto exposure cameras - in near-darkness conditions, without artificial light, you can see most everything in your field of view; when artificial light is introduced, suddenly, you can only see what has been illuminated and everything outside that lighted area disappears into darkness. Granted, man-made cameras exaggerate this effect, but our eyes do the same thing (our brains do a better job of filling in the missing data).
To demonstrate, try this simple test:
On a dark road (the usual precautions apply), while the high beams are on, have a friend block the low beams while you sit in the driver's seat. Focus your vision on the area that is illuminated by the high beams. Switching from blocked to unblocked (low beams), you can easily see this effect of your auto-exposure eyes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in