Rims - Page 3 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9000 Forum > Customizing Your Saab 9000

Customizing Your Saab 9000 This forum contains all CUSTOMIZING related Q&A's, such as Lights (taillights, headlights, turn indicators, clear corners, etc), Interior and Exterior modifications, Wiring, Gauges and more.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2007, 05:43 AM   #41
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
Super Aeros I believe are 16x6.5" et27. I'll check the set I've got next time I'm at the garage where they're stored.

Generally the offset will be stamped on the wheel either on the back of one of the spokes or under the center cap that covers the lug bolts. Remember offset of stock wheels depends on the width...there were 15x7" stock wheels, etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2007, 09:03 AM   #42
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

gosh I thought the Aero wheels would be wider than 6.5" That makes me think a little about getting a wider set of rims. Think how much more traction you could get with say a 7.5" wide rim (max width?). To me thats an extra trans helper.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-21-2007, 09:36 AM   #43
Elder

more traction is not a trans helper, its when the car hooks up that the differential blows a hole in your case.

Old 03-21-2007, 09:39 AM   #44
Elder

Send a message via AIM to laxian55
Spinning is not good for trannys either, i dont think we win either way

Old 03-21-2007, 10:01 AM   #45
Elder

in our case spinning is better. with turbos like a 3071r spinning is one of the few things that lets a tranny last more than a day, since spinning is like having low resistance.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:36 AM   #46
SAABeginner

http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html

this should answer alot of wheel and tire questions.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:21 PM   #47

Yo,

Found a set of 17x7 rims. Offset is 25. Hub bore is unknown, but probably not too small (I hope). Since offset is a bit shorter and its a wider rim, I am thinking a 8mm spacer would work. Input? Where can I find spacers for the 4x108

Also, to add to this topic, I want to talk about tires. Whats the largest tire fitted to the 7" wide rim? I've heard of people fitting a 235, is it doable with the Saabs?
Old 09-09-2007, 04:32 PM   #48
Elder

A good 17" tire size for the 9k is 225/45.

For spacers, I'd check Genuine Saab.

I'd try test fitting a wheel before you spend $ on spacers and see how they fit.

Old 09-09-2007, 05:39 PM   #49
Elder

basicly from what im seeing, the only way to keep the trans from self destructing is to under no circumstances go over 1/4 throttle... if the turbo is working the trans is dying, doesnt matter if its spinning or not the trans is not liking it. althought i bet it likes spinning better then not. run donuts on the front

JP

Old 09-09-2007, 06:55 PM   #50

I am sorry but a solution to keep the trans from breaking is to put less tire on the car, thats stupid! No Tire + No Traction = NO WHERE. Whats the point of modifying the car?

Has anyone put a larger tire than a 225? On a 7" wide rim people have told me a 245 tire has been fitted! woooo.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:12 PM   #51

bump... A shop has informed me a 235 tire has been fitted on a Saab.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:43 PM   #52
Elder

235 is a big tire on a 9k.

225/45/17 is a good size. Speedo is nearly dead on with that size (according to a gps).

Old 09-13-2007, 02:05 PM   #53
Avid TSL User

235 is a perfecttyre for the 9000 (on a 7.5 inch rim)

plenty traction ...no rubbing

try it

you will like it
Old 09-13-2007, 02:34 PM   #54

thinking about going 7" in the rear and 7.5 in the front. Problem is the rims I want dont have a 7.5 size. Is your car lowered? 7.5" rim Ive been told rubs.

Last edited by Guteman; 09-13-2007 at 03:43 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:29 PM   #55
Elder

My car is lowered, 7.5" wheels. Doesn't rub (its DAMN close though).

Old 12-02-2007, 12:07 PM   #56
SAABeginner

Where can I find some fly 16 x 6.5.... 5 or 7 spoke rims/bright alloy for my 9000

This puppy is expensive to maintain for real.

I probably should have kept this one.

Hello classic Saab lovers,

I used to own a 1990 turbo conv. 900 that I loved but now I own a black on black 1993 9000 turbo Areo and I love it even more...(it's more luxurious). Maintanance can be challanging and the older Saabs are always having motor mount and head gaskett issues...but the truth is, I don't want to drive anything else. The GM new Saabs are bland and everybody has a Benz. In the 80s I owned a 300D midnight blue Mercedes, I drove it for 10 years, you can't kill it, it's solid as a rock but eventually I sold it for my 1st Saab, the 900 conv. turbo.

I am looking to break away from my 3 spoke deep dish rims for something shinier and a few more spokes. I still think the 3 spoke looks best on the 9000s but I can't find any new shiny ones in any size.

I want to keep my wheel size the same....any ideas?

Last edited by Zuluvon; 12-08-2007 at 11:40 AM.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:41 PM   #57
SAAB Road Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bapman View Post

I couple years back I photoshoped my 9k with BBS LM's for fun, soon there after found myself reaching for the nearest box of tissues.

Damn, that's HOT!
Old 01-13-2008, 02:42 PM   #58

Hey guys i just want to ask a question while i'm here. What is the maximum offset for a 94 9000 aero? And will a 7in width make the fender and wheels flush vertically? or will it need spacers? thanks
Old 01-13-2008, 03:11 PM   #59
Elder

The max/min offset you can use depends on wheel width.

Need more specs on the wheel you want to use.

Old 01-13-2008, 04:40 PM   #60

4x100
16x7
+40 offset

really want to know. thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in