New TOYS for my 9000T!!! - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9000 Forum > Customizing Your Saab 9000

Customizing Your Saab 9000 This forum contains all CUSTOMIZING related Q&A's, such as Lights (taillights, headlights, turn indicators, clear corners, etc), Interior and Exterior modifications, Wiring, Gauges and more.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2006, 10:11 AM   #1
JK
Elder

Talking New TOYS for my 9000T!!!

Well, on Saturday a few people got together at this indy dealer/shop which is roughly one hour outside of Minneapolis, out in the country. They have a great facility and they sell some very nice off-lease and used newer SAABs. The other great thing is they have this side lot where they keep cars that were bought by them (either with issues or as older trade-ins).

"the lot" - click for a larger photo to make out some of the gems hidden in the lot

Most of the cars are usually there as parts car, but if you're good with them and willing to deal they will occasionally sell a whole car to you (Palmer can explain this in more depth later )

So....I find this gen in there (bright red paint gave it away). It has nearly 300,000 miles and was the owner's previous daily driver. I mentioned to them that I was interested in the panels and bumpers, and they said they'd figure something out

Long story short - I'm going to get them next week for what I believe is a VERY GOOD price!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2006, 10:16 AM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

^with the exception of a little wheel arch rust that car looks flawless for 300k. btw figured out how that foglight spring worked.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-11-2006, 10:20 AM   #3
JK
Elder

the car had been repainted in 1996 and only driven for a few years after that. It really shines, but they didn't address the rust issues that the car had - either way, the panels and bumpers are in great shape and they'll work very well on my 1991 9000T!

chris - good to hear that you got the foglight thing taken care of, I was too busy to check mine out last night.

Old 07-11-2006, 11:13 AM   #4
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Hey does that thing have the decor panel or the narrow cover over the license plate lights? I am in need of either one. Can't seem to track one down! My car had a decor panel which I accidentally smashed about two days after I bought the car! So the plate lights are there for everyone to see.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-11-2006, 11:22 AM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
Awesome!!! I'm assuming they won't be red when they go on your 91, correct?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-11-2006, 11:49 AM   #6
JK
Elder

the will not be red - my '91 will be "steel gray" i.e. Viggen Color However, all but 3 of the donor doors and the new hood, and one fender along with the whole damn body kit are red...but I really don't want to keep them red.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:25 PM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stromer
Looks good. Interesting to see that there are Indy's like this in other parts of the country.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:52 PM   #8
SAABeginner

As strange as it may sound, me being in Texas of all places, a guy that lives 5 doors down from me has that exact body kit on his 9k.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:08 PM   #9
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to spgdude
Our 87' 9000 has the same kit on it, and sadly the same rust. Seems that kit promotes it lol. None the less its a very nice kit and will be a nice addition to the 91'.
09' 9-5 SportCombi 5mt Stg1
Old 07-12-2006, 09:09 PM   #10
Elder

Send a message via AIM to VWSAABVT
Where is this place?

stg 5 99 9-3 coupe
96 900se sold
Old 07-12-2006, 09:11 PM   #11
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
Minnesota.

I picked up my 900 there too.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:32 PM   #12
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
yeah tahts a nice kit, i have the front and rear bumpers for that kit at my parents house, saw it at the junkyard and couldnt let it get crushed

Paul

Old 07-13-2006, 05:10 AM   #13
GA
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by VWSAABVT
Where is this place?
Princeton, Minnesota, to be precise. About an hour north of Minneapolis/St. Paul.

Old 07-13-2006, 06:10 AM   #14
JK
Elder

Yeah...I decided that the Andrews guys are friggin great They know exactly what the kit is, and how rare it is, yet they were not out to gouge money out of me and let me have it for a good price. They know that if someone intends to fix something up or restore a car then its worth just letting the parts go to a good home.

Speaking of which, they have several good to decent Aero interiors just collecting dust and sun inside a few wrecked/junk aeros. Also at least one FULL aero kit and one good rear bumper. I'm just mentioning this as an FYI to anyone who reads this thread
Old 07-13-2006, 06:14 AM   #15
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
They got any silver ones there? One of the studs on my spoiler isn't in the greatest of shape.

Old 07-13-2006, 06:15 AM   #16
JK
Elder

they had 3 black aeros...no silver that I know of.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:38 AM   #17
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

hmmm, is the leather black? Ive been wanting to track down those leather door inserts.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:50 AM   #18
Elder

Send a message via AIM to AeroDynamic
ahhhhhhhhh nice fucking find im jelouse
Old 07-13-2006, 01:06 PM   #19
JK
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldcs
hmmm, is the leather black? Ive been wanting to track down those leather door inserts.
yeah...they have black interiors. I didn't open any of them up, so I can't really say what sort of condition the door inserts are. I'll try to remember to check when I go up next week to pick up the bumpers and panels.

edit: The door insterts were there, and they looked OK in both cars, but I didn't have time to investigate any further. I'm pretty sure either palmer ort I will be going up again in the near future for other parts.

Last edited by JK; 07-18-2006 at 02:22 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:36 PM   #20
JK
Elder

Angry 1987 9000T + road salt + winter driving + airflow kit = NO FUN!

Well, another early morning trip up to my favorite Indy place and I can finally say that I now have the toys in my dirty, greedy, cut-up, little hands .

They were a joy and a half to get off the car - really, it was just a blast. Not even one bolt or nut was able to be backed out on its own except for the big nuts on the rear bumper and the two bolts that hold on the front bumper. There are tons of little studs on the wheel arches and at the corners of the bumpers that keep everything secure and then some.

The only bit of luck came because of how rusty the car body was

as seen above, there was sooo much rust that in many places the panels could simply be pulled free from the body! The wheel arches put up one hell of a fight and I think they were responsible for ripping up some flesh from Palmer's finger (icky).

^Palmer looking thrilled - his seat was all the way forward in order to fit the bumper in the car

Anyway, we eventually got them all off - it took a lot longer than expected, but then again, I really did get a good deal on the whole package even considering that most people would need a tetanus shot after doing what we did to this poor car.

Cleaned up they look pretty good - I'll probably use the bumpers and rockers and hold off on using the flares. I'll probably just use the stock '91 specific flares that I already have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in