Years later almost completed Viggen kit - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Customizing Your NG900 or old 9-3

Customizing Your NG900 or old 9-3 This forum contains all CUSTOMIZING related Q&A's, such as Lights (taillights, headlights, turn indicators, clear corners, etc), Interior and Exterior modifications, Wiring, Gauges and more.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
Avid TSL User

Years later almost completed Viggen kit

It all started back in '03 I think when I got Kyankton's viggen wing he used for the cf molds. A couple years later I picked up a front bumper, recently, however, I scored a nice rear bumper and some not so nice side skirts. the skirts only came with one jack cover. My question is this- anyone have any tips on how I could patch over them and create "flush" skirts with no jack covers? I think this would look good and I dont plan on using the stock jack so thats not an issue. OR anyone have a good line on jack covers that are not insanely priced? Here are some pics- had to get a new tip to suit the new bumper. about my car- e85 powered GT30-71 Spec stg 3 clutch and pp fidanza crazy light flywheel. BTW huge thank you to a great guy- JZW, I am a college student who had a severe/freak stroke last year and he stepped up and helped me(well I was no help) get the car running with the new turbo and clutch setup. John and I both kinda came into the saab scene at the same time when we would wait weeks to get ecus in the mail from Jak. Now John is the top tuner this side of the world- IMO. Just a nice story to decribe a great guy and tuner.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #2
SAAB Road Master

That looks great!

Really wish I could get a hold on some old Yankton Goods.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-30-2012, 07:57 PM   #3
Avid TSL User

I was lucky enough to get some of his cf driver/pass kick panels as well as the contoured igntion cover- by far my favorite part of course all in CF

Old 10-31-2012, 09:05 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to soccerrplyr
Jack covers pop up on this forum and ebay now and then but they are 30-40 still. What about the other fender liners to cover gaps in the front and rear, brick bumper attachments? Under tray splash shields? You need those parts?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by soccerrplyr; 10-31-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:27 PM   #5
Flirting With TSL Addiction

What tip is that?
Old 10-31-2012, 03:21 PM   #6
Flirting With TSL Addiction

I am digging the dark green looks great.

As for the side skirts. It all depends on how brave you are. Buy a plastic welder and then cut and weld in some pieces of an old bumper or something, then give fill it with mud and get it painted. Shouldn't be too hard.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:43 PM   #7
Avid TSL User

soocer- Rear is all good, I got lucky. front- do need splash shields and all of that... have those parts please PM me and lets talk. Dont know what tip it is, will have more info this weekend when I pick my car up- stay posted. I want a scarabe green Vig! dont really want to wait and collect 3 jack covers. fibberglass+ bondo? anyone? plastic welder eh. ill have to look into that.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:37 AM   #8
Elder

Send a message via AIM to soccerrplyr
I sold the front end vig parts yesterday to someone in Chicago

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in