CRX SI Seats in a OG9-3? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Customizing Your NG900 or old 9-3

Customizing Your NG900 or old 9-3 This forum contains all CUSTOMIZING related Q&A's, such as Lights (taillights, headlights, turn indicators, clear corners, etc), Interior and Exterior modifications, Wiring, Gauges and more.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2011, 12:15 PM   #1
Avid TSL User

CRX SI Seats in a OG9-3?

Well im looking for some new seats as the old ones are worn and im going from a tan to gray interior. Any idea if they could be made to fit or what it would take do it? Thanks!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2011, 12:48 PM   #2
Elder

just have to make brackets
Old 05-28-2011, 04:30 PM   #3
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

What are you going to do about the SRS light in the dash? You have air bags in your 9-3 seats
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 05-28-2011, 05:08 PM   #4
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkayssi View Post
What are you going to do about the SRS light in the dash? You have air bags in your 9-3 seats
The 99 base 9-3s have airbags in the seats? I thought they were in the door panels? Probably why the seats are so damn heavy lol. Ive seen it done before by nick t and a few others. Guess i have to call one of them or if anyone else has some suggestions?
Old 05-29-2011, 07:48 AM   #5
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage59-3 View Post
The 99 base 9-3s have airbags in the seats? I thought they were in the door panels? Probably why the seats are so damn heavy lol. Ive seen it done before by nick t and a few others. Guess i have to call one of them or if anyone else has some suggestions?
You can use resistors if you don't want the airbag lights to turn on all the time. Not sure what the part numbers for those are but I think I read in another thread that they can be bought from SAAB. The thread is pretty old, not sure on what forum it was either; you'll need to do a search
Old 05-29-2011, 12:54 PM   #6
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to watkins
If you dont have a way to trick the car into thinking the airbags are still there the airbag system does not work properly. Dont forget that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:33 PM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to WyldSaabMan
I'm fairly certain the front bags and seat belt pretensioners would still function properly even if the airbag light was lit for an open circuit to the side airbags.

Too bad you didn't post this a month ago, I had some spare black seats.
I still have some spare tan leather manual seats as well if you are interested.
04 Yamaha YZF600R
00 Polaris XC700
99 Saab 9-3-RIP
98 900s N/A-RIP
Old 05-29-2011, 01:50 PM   #8
Elder

why would you want to give up power heated leather? If you want something to hold you a bit better get some viggen ones

This is my car, and it's for me. This is not for you

132417saab™©
AKA "numbers"
Old 05-29-2011, 02:39 PM   #9
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to watkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldSaabMan View Post
I'm fairly certain the front bags and seat belt pretensioners would still function properly even if the airbag light was lit for an open circuit to the side airbags.
The components may function properly, but the system as a whole may not. Bags may not fire when they are designed to, etc. I know this is the case for at least some other manufacturers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:22 PM   #10
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 132417SAAB View Post
why would you want to give up power heated leather? If you want something to hold you a bit better get some viggen ones
Dont have the power. Heats nice but honestly its not a big deal either way. I also hate the leather. Sticky in the summer and cold in the winter, less upkeep and i like fabric better. I have a set of viggen seats but i would have to convert to power seats and they weigh a ton. Im semi-converting the interior from tan to gray. Im taking out the back seats and was looking for some front replacements. I have most of the other parts as well.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:07 PM   #11
Avid TSL User

Ended up getting these for $100...Hopefully they work out.

Any other suggestions on the install especially regarding the Airbag and sensors? I know a resistor has been mentioned. Anyone done an aftermarket seat install and care to share what you did? Thanks for the replys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in