lets see your tint - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Customizing Your NG900 or old 9-3

Customizing Your NG900 or old 9-3 This forum contains all CUSTOMIZING related Q&A's, such as Lights (taillights, headlights, turn indicators, clear corners, etc), Interior and Exterior modifications, Wiring, Gauges and more.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2010, 07:28 PM   #1
Avid TSL User

lets see your tint

i am in the market for a tint job soon, will look great on my black Saab with new Rk2's. Just wondering if we could get some pics with the percentages. i live in PA and anything darker than 70% is illegal, sadly. so i want it dark but not drawling police attention dark. HELP.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2010, 03:31 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
Heres my 95 Aero w/35% front/20% rear:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-15-2010, 05:45 AM   #3
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrowley View Post
Heres my 95 Aero w/35% front/20% rear:

Looks good to me. 35% front looks like it wouldn't draw too much attention. I am thinking about tint to try and help the sun/heat build up in the car and it will look good, but in NY it is 70% too.

Not to thread jack but - anyone know what NG's come with stock?
1995 900 SE Turbo

Old 07-15-2010, 06:00 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Powar
15% all around on my old '01:

Old 07-15-2010, 06:13 AM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikmanson View Post
Looks good to me. 35% front looks like it wouldn't draw too much attention. I am thinking about tint to try and help the sun/heat build up in the car and it will look good, but in NY it is 70% too.

Not to thread jack but - anyone know what NG's come with stock?
The 35% isn't really too bad....dark enough, but you can still kinda see through. Its definitely not legal in NY and yes I've gotten stopped for it before (only once though).

Old 07-15-2010, 06:17 AM   #6
Elder

been running 35% on 2 cars over 5 years in NY and only got one verbal warning at a traffic checkpoint on a cloudy rainy day at 6pm

Old 07-15-2010, 06:23 AM   #7
Elder

Show us your tints!

I have no idea what percentage this is, it came on the car. As you can see, the fronts weren't done, so I never had issues from law enforcement.

1993 900T Comm Ed #3
1993 900T Comm Ed #249
1994 900T Comm Ed #363
Old 07-15-2010, 06:35 AM   #8
Elder

also nice phila accent in the original post in typing out drawling LOL

Old 07-15-2010, 01:47 PM   #9
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabkid37 View Post
also nice phila accent in the original post in typing out drawling LOL
haha yep, you caught me!

Old 07-15-2010, 01:48 PM   #10
Avid TSL User

35 looks like a happy medium to me. those pictures look great though! keep em comin

Old 07-15-2010, 02:38 PM   #11
Elder

I did a photoshop of my car with what I think would be equivalent to 35% tints all around:

|
|
Old 07-15-2010, 03:23 PM   #12
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to nomadtw
i wish they sold tint film that was light enough to actually be passable to passing law enforcement. the lightest that seems to be out there is like 35% and personally i would just like a lighter tint anyway.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:40 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian900se View Post
I did a photoshop of my car with what I think would be equivalent to 35% tints all around:

Christian your car is so clean

I agree, 35% to me looks like the pigs will stay off you, but to be honest its just another reason for them to pull you over. Along with loud exhaust / air freshener hanging from mirror.
1995 900 SE Turbo
Old 07-15-2010, 06:41 PM   #14
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadtw View Post
i wish they sold tint film that was light enough to actually be passable to passing law enforcement. the lightest that seems to be out there is like 35% and personally i would just like a lighter tint anyway.
i think some places carry a 50% cant be certain though

Old 07-15-2010, 06:57 PM   #15
Elder

50% is like putting nothing on.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:58 PM   #16
Ero

I'll take pics of my silver 9-3 with a 35 all around. Havn't been pulled over yet in NY.

From what I'm told, unless they pull you over already, they wont pull you over just for 35 tints.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:30 PM   #17
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero View Post
I'll take pics of my silver 9-3 with a 35 all around. Havn't been pulled over yet in NY.

From what I'm told, unless they pull you over already, they wont pull you over just for 35 tints.
true, but if its around dinner time with cloudy skies doesn't 35's look more like 15's? i wouldn't know i have never had any experience with tint.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:44 PM   #18
Elder

If you are looking for tints strictly to protect the interior from UV sunlight, you can get 100% clear window tint which does that without darkening the glass. Most new cars have this technology if they are not privacy glass from the factory.

Every tint will look slightly darker at night which is all a cop may need to pull you over.

|
|
Old 07-16-2010, 12:58 PM   #19
Avid TSL User

A buddy of mine has something like 10%-12% all around, which is way too dark to see out of at night. He's only been cited for it once and got a medical exemption for the tint as a result so he can keep it. I'll probably stick around 30-35% on there when I find time to have it done.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:22 PM   #20

All 35% and all just the side windows. I have a medical exemption for the tint and the only reason I got that is because my buddy is a state cop. I did it cause he told me I should. wink, wink...

Viggen and SPG are gunmetal Gray and the 900 is plain-jane smoke. I want to switch the 900 to gunmetal sometime when I get a chance. I realy like how "Classy" it make the car look.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in