Saab Link Forums banner

HID's on ng900

3K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  christian900se 
#1 ·
hey all, was thinking of putting on hid's onto our ng900. probably going 6000k for both head and fog lights. But I was wondering if that'd trigger any sensors?

just wondering as on our e46 3 series after I put the hid on the light switch wouldnt turn it on so I needed to hook it up to a separate switch. and would also get an error saying the lights do not work.

Just wondering if this is a problem on ng's?

#2 ·
Some people get the error, some dont. If you get it, you have to get a capacitor to put in line with the HID ballasts to trick the car into thinking they are regular bulbs. They are on ebay, pretty cheap.

When I go to HIDs eventually, Im going to do the same setup as you (maybe not the fogs).

#3 ·
yeah I'll hardly use the fogs as they'd fine you here for driving around with fogs on a normal night. (specially HID ones)

Guess I'll have to try it and find out :/ hopefully no errors. Otherwise I'm guessing the capacitor isnt too much of a PITA to do

#11 ·
NG with HID Fogs

LED and HID FOGS NG 900

I put Took the HIDs out of the NG i'm selling and put them into the Vig. Eventually want to get the Projectors for it.

If you do a search there is a ton of info on putting HIDs in these cars. MIne are 10000k

O and I run mine all the time so people can see me. I run the fogs so i don't blind people like you do if you have them in the headlights without retrofitting projectors...

#15 ·
Im thinking about getting the Omni-X Bi-xenon kit (6000k) for the sake of quality. I dont think glare is that bad at all on the stock headlights (even with DOT lenses) as long as you aim them properly, at least from what I saw at Carlisle.

#16 · (Edited)
Im thinking about getting the Omni-X Bi-xenon kit (6000k) for the sake of quality. I dont think glare is that bad at all on the stock headlights (even with DOT lenses) as long as you aim them properly, at least from what I saw at Carlisle.
It's not.... I haven't been high beamed once since I've had mine.

And there is no need to pay the price for that Omni kit... I paid about $120.00 shipped for my hi/low kit with slim digital ballasts which are much more reliable and easier to mount/hide.

#20 ·
on a side note, how do i adjust the vertical aim of my headlights? my drivers side headlight is currently aimed about 3 feet in front of the car on my white 900, while on my black 900, they are aimed at the moon.

#22 ·
on a side note, how do i adjust the vertical aim of my headlights?
Wow, super NOOB. They are the circular knobs behind the headlight assembly. They are grey and turn in and out depending out your preference.

#25 · (Edited)
You're correct.

Quote from SaabCentral.

US cars don't have that second knob. It's on the back of the adjuster motor that our cars don't come with. The one that you saw is for horizontal adjustment. Vertical adjustment is done with a hex key or a long Phillips screwdriver stuck through one of the holes in the sheetmetal above the headlight. Sometimes it helps to take the whole headlight out to see what you're looking for. You also might want to make sure that the bulb was seated properly. It shouldn't need adjustment if you just replaced the bulb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.