Viggen Seats Installed + Wiring Info - Page 2 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Customizing Your NG900 or old 9-3

Customizing Your NG900 or old 9-3 This forum contains all CUSTOMIZING related Q&A's, such as Lights (taillights, headlights, turn indicators, clear corners, etc), Interior and Exterior modifications, Wiring, Gauges and more.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2010, 06:53 AM   #21
SAABeginner

99 S convertible, 02 power seats

Well...... seats worked great for 3 days, then both stopped. Can't pull them out since one set of floor bolts in each case is covered by the rails. Managed to pull the multipin connectors apart (wow, not much space to work under the seats) and check all my splices - all ok and I have power where I should and ground where I should. I have read that in some models there is a power relay (that drives the motors?) - is that the case for "02 seats?

Any suggestion appreciated.

Larry
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2010, 07:34 AM   #22
SAABeginner

Faulty ground - seats work perfectly - hoping the air bag warning light resets itself.

Larry
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-30-2010, 02:52 PM   #23
SAABeginner

Air bag light went out after driving the car about two weeks. Electric seats work as they should - I even got the seat heaters back - I think I am done....

Larry

Old 10-12-2012, 07:12 PM   #24
SAABeginner

Hi,

Thought I would update this old post for anyone who finds it on google etc and wants to know what the other two wires are on a 900NG

The Brown/Black wire goes to the OBDII Plug location No 11, not required but nice to have.

The Blue/Yellow wire is much more important and goes to the ICE control unit It goes in to the multi plug in the centre row nine places up from the hinge lock.

This Blue/Yellow wire controls the relays which turn on the power to the seats.

If you are upgrading your 900NG from manual to power seats you should install this wire.

All in as long as you have access to the donor car all you need to do is.

Remove the Blue red wires between the fuse box (Fuse 5 & Fuse 16) and the blue multi plug in the drivers side footwell (plugs 6 & 7) . Then fit them into your vehicle.

Remove the Orange wires from the fusebox and the joint plug on top of the ICE control unit (the plug on the left - looks like a small relay but it is just a small jointing plug) installation is a bit tricky but I have found that removing the wires from the plastic holder and then fitting them into the existing plastic holder in your car works well, then plug the other ends into the fusebox.

Trace the blue/yellow wire from the blue multi plug to the ICE controller multi plug and remove from both plugs, Install removed wire into your vehicle (as above).

Do the same with the Brown/black wire but remember it goes to the OBDII (as above).

These wires are all easily removed from a donor car.

I have found that an inexpensive way to remove the wire ends from the multi plugs is to use straightened staples with long nose pliers to push in the tangs from the front of the plug to remove the wire.

I know that this is a viggen seat thread but I have posted this because this is the result that keeps coming up when you google saab 900 power seat install (or almost any other saab 900 power seat query) Feel free to move it if it is not suitable for this thread.

Cheers,

John
Old 08-11-2016, 10:15 AM   #25
Elder

I'm tackling this project on my '98 900s convertible. The car originally had manual heated seats. I'm installing a set of viggen seats.

I'm beginning to make sense of the wiring, but it might take me some time.
Old 11-03-2019, 07:29 AM   #26
SAABeginner

Hey there.. does anyone have pics of the brackets or plates they made to fit the newer seat in the 900? Looking to out the power seats from an 01se vert into my 97se ng900 vert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in