Headlight wiper assembly delete? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Customizing Your NG900 or old 9-3

Customizing Your NG900 or old 9-3 This forum contains all CUSTOMIZING related Q&A's, such as Lights (taillights, headlights, turn indicators, clear corners, etc), Interior and Exterior modifications, Wiring, Gauges and more.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: delete wipers?
yes 8 40.00%
no 12 60.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2007, 03:32 PM   #1
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Headlight wiper assembly delete?

I'm thinking about removing the headlight wiper assembly from the car. I think the Vig would look better. The passenger side wiper never sat perfect due to the where the shaft comes thru the bumper (no easy way to adjust). The car is garage kept and I clean my windshield and lights regularly during winter so I'm not worried about build up on the lights.
What do you guys think?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2007, 03:43 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to AeroDynamic
I took mine off a long time ago... its just more stuff to break and work around in the engine bay.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-20-2007, 04:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroDynamic View Post
I took mine off a long time ago... its just more stuff to break and work around in the engine bay.

With that reasoning you should just get rid of that pesky turbo too!

I've always thought they were cool, it might be my 80's upbringing, but I remeber seeing those mercs and beemers with headlight wipers and thinking that was the bomb (remeber I was 12).

So I still like them.

If you delete, I think you should fill in the top of the bumper, there is no other way to delete them IMHO.

I would however delete mine for some of those high pressure sprayers on the new 9-3, that is tight!

Tboy

Old 08-20-2007, 04:13 PM   #4
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Sleepr56
Mine are going the next time I touch my front bumper.....sick of the blades falling off and the headlights getting anihilated.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:31 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to josuar88 Send a message via MSN to josuar88 Send a message via Yahoo to josuar88
I did it on my car heres a picture of what it looks like

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm Not Poor Just A Saab Enthusiast

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:48 PM   #6
Elder

I pulled mine out a few bumper-removals ago. Makes the whole bumper-working-on business a lot easier.

Not to mention that one of the motors burned out, so the wiper sticking up looked too much like a gangsta with his hat tipped to the side.

2001 9-3 - Nordic Stage 3
2007 9-5 2.3T Wagon

Old 08-20-2007, 05:10 PM   #7

Ya, I may just do it as I can always put it back. I would not want to fill the holes permanently. Maybe I can make a removable filler piece and just attach it using the slot in the bumper with a bolt and some large washers. Hmm...

Looks good josuar88.

Good point Kaylan, more stuff to break in the future. Plus it would be a small weight reduction..... I know.... not enough to count. Washer fluid would last longer too.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:08 PM   #8
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Man View Post
Washer fluid would last longer too.
Or you could use those hoses to rig up a ghetto IC sprayer

2007 9-5 2.3T Wagon

Old 08-20-2007, 10:07 PM   #9
Avid TSL User

Be sure to fill out the "holes" and dents for the wipers in the bumper, otherwise I would keep the wipers on.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:10 AM   #10

Send a message via AIM to josuar88 Send a message via MSN to josuar88 Send a message via Yahoo to josuar88
Also if your motors still work I got $65 for mine on ebay.

Old 08-22-2007, 11:09 AM   #11
Elder

I would say take them out if you want, or take them out because they don't work. Like what code said, and I don't like to look weird coming down the street, as well as in some ones rear view mirror.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:47 AM   #12

I'm putting washer jets on

Old 08-22-2007, 11:56 AM   #13
Elder

^^ sweet.

2007 9-5 2.3T Wagon

Old 08-22-2007, 01:03 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll_speed View Post
I'm putting washer jets on
Without the wipers

Old 08-23-2007, 05:55 AM   #15
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via AIM to KChrist
ive seen it done on a cayanne red 9-5 and it looks great. ive actually failed an inspection though because i had one missing.

Old 08-30-2007, 04:46 AM   #16

I've had my wipers removed for a while. I just think they look stupid.

Eventually I'll fill the holes or create a plug for them.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:33 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChrist View Post
ive seen it done on a cayanne red 9-5 and it looks great. ive actually failed an inspection though because i had one missing.
That makes no sense how can you fail cause your missing one, most cars don't have them at all and pass whats the deal here?

Old 08-30-2007, 11:19 AM   #18
Elder

I was going to say, I think the front end looks better with them in place, than with the holes where they used to be. Fill them in, and you will be gold.

Old 08-30-2007, 01:07 PM   #19
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via AIM to KChrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by josuar88 View Post
That makes no sense how can you fail cause your missing one, most cars don't have them at all and pass whats the deal here?
because its a missing part that was intended to be there from the manufacture. i dont know i was pissed would have been more if it was the only reason i failed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in