Rally lights? - Page 2 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Customizing Your NG900 or old 9-3

Customizing Your NG900 or old 9-3 This forum contains all CUSTOMIZING related Q&A's, such as Lights (taillights, headlights, turn indicators, clear corners, etc), Interior and Exterior modifications, Wiring, Gauges and more.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2007, 06:58 PM   #21
Elder

Send a message via AIM to saabsbreakdown
Paul those look good, but I want real aircraft landing lights. Because then when someone asks me if they are really off of airplanes I can say "Yes."

Those look sweet though. "You gotta wear shades.."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Car 178 - 1975 Saab 99 EMS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2007, 07:13 PM   #22
JK
Elder

Neat-o! I had Palmer's KC's wired with an "armed/unarmed" switch, and they came on with the brights...those fuckers really lit the place up! I wasn't a big fan of the KC style, I like the hellas slim profile much more.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:54 PM   #23
Elder

Send a message via AIM to amish_geek Send a message via MSN to amish_geek
Definately post pics, and instructions for the wiring setup. I've been looking at a set of Hella's myself for when I rally race my NG900.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:23 AM   #24
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Stick the power lead onto one end of the blue headlight fuse under the hood. I cant remember what side, that way they come on when you flick the high beams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-16-2007, 12:04 PM   #25
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek's Turbos View Post
Stick the power lead onto one end of the blue headlight fuse under the hood. I cant remember what side, that way they come on when you flick the high beams.

Bingo.

I'll try to get pictures and a full write-up posted up tonight.

2001 9-3 - Nordic Stage 3
2007 9-5 2.3T Wagon

Old 04-16-2007, 12:15 PM   #26
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I definitely wanna see pics of this set up! Must be super bright.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:27 PM   #27
Elder

Yeah.... I just lit up the back of a car in broad daylight

Pretty damn bright.

2007 9-5 2.3T Wagon

Old 04-16-2007, 12:58 PM   #28
Elder

I wonder how wise it would be to wire these up to your fog light switch?

My fog lights are broken, and with my FMIC piping, I might not be able to fix/replace them as the pipes might be in the way. So why not re-wire the foglight switch to the rally lights?
Old 04-16-2007, 01:00 PM   #29
Elder

Send a message via AIM to laxian55
good idea

Old 04-16-2007, 01:09 PM   #30
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
Quote:
Originally Posted by amish_geek View Post
I wonder how wise it would be to wire these up to your fog light switch?

My fog lights are broken, and with my FMIC piping, I might not be able to fix/replace them as the pipes might be in the way. So why not re-wire the foglight switch to the rally lights?
if ya did that though, they would go off when you flipped on the high beams. unless you rewired it differently, but that would probably be more trouble than its worth.

Paul

Old 04-16-2007, 01:41 PM   #31
Elder

Yeah, that was my plan until Paul reminded me that they'd turn off. Otherwise, that route would work fine.

Can't you change the fog light settings with a TechII?

2007 9-5 2.3T Wagon

Old 04-16-2007, 01:52 PM   #32
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
Code, where the f are the pics?!

Old 04-16-2007, 01:56 PM   #33
JK
Elder

PHOTOS....NOW!

Oh and as far as the fog light idea, having super bright high-beam-like driving lights won't help too much in the fog. Fog lights are low for a reason, so they don't light up the fog!
Old 04-16-2007, 04:00 PM   #34
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK9000s View Post
PHOTOS....NOW!

Oh and as far as the fog light idea, having super bright high-beam-like driving lights won't help too much in the fog. Fog lights are low for a reason, so they don't light up the fog!
Yes. I think he was talking about wiring them into the existing foglight harness to use them as driving lights, not as foglights.

2007 9-5 2.3T Wagon

Old 04-16-2007, 04:04 PM   #35
Elder

Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
dude we need pics. You know we have a obsession with pics

^CLICK ME^
Old 04-16-2007, 04:05 PM   #36
Elder

Just got back from shooting some daytime ones. I'll get those up in a moment.

2007 9-5 2.3T Wagon

Old 04-16-2007, 04:09 PM   #37
Elder

I don't want them hooked up all the time to my brights. Since this is my daily driver as well. I wonder if I can right the fog switch as an "arming" mechanism, so when I click the switch, they would be armed, and when I flick on the high beams, they would light up.

I want to get some Hella 500 driving lights, to go on top of my bumper, and then I'm probably gonna go with 2 sets (4 light) below the bumper, a set of fogs, and another set of pencil beams for distance. (I actually have use for them in the rallies). I'm thinking a set of toggles to determine which sets of lights illuminate when armed.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:10 PM   #38
Elder

Amish, I've got it set up with an arming switch so that the Hellas aren't on always with the high beams, only when I have them armed.

2007 9-5 2.3T Wagon

Old 04-16-2007, 04:16 PM   #39
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Pictures,pictures,pictures!

I keep checking this thread.. see the last post is made by codesplice.. and think ...aww pictures, but noooo just more silly words.

Edit: I am now "Flirting With TSL Addiction"

Old 04-16-2007, 04:17 PM   #40
Elder

Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newf9000 View Post
Pictures,pictures,pictures!

I keep checking this thread.. see the last post is made by codesplice.. and think ...aww pictures, but noooo just more silly words.

Yeah i think he's toying with us just to see how long we can take the pain of no pics.

^CLICK ME^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in