Winter Wheels for my new 9-5 - Page 2 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-5 '10+ Forum > Customizing your New 9-5

Customizing your New 9-5 This forum contains all CUSTOMIZING related Q&A's, such as Lights (taillights, headlights, turn indicators, clear corners, etc), Interior and Exterior modifications, Wiring, Gauges and more.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2010, 05:27 PM   #21
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I really like those!! They, surprisingly, really work on that car! Nice winter wheels for sure!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 9-5 Arc
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2010, 06:00 PM   #22
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PoisonBeef
Here is the question: Why do you drive your $40k+ brand new car in the snow when there are people on here that wont drive their $6K, 150k mile, 10 year old car past October?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

99 3-door 9-3 - SOLD
99 5-door 9-3SE - td04, 3" dp, t5 suite - Sold

2001 Audi a6 2.7 twin turbo
1986 Audi 5000 2.2 turbo
2012 VW Golf TDI
1982 Yamaha Seca xj650
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-01-2010, 07:36 PM   #23
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to aireeca
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonBeef View Post
Here is the question: Why do you drive your $40k+ brand new car in the snow when there are people on here that wont drive their $6K, 150k mile, 10 year old car past October?
Or their 18-year-old, $1,200, 240k+ cars?

Winter beaters are cool if you have the space, patience and well-tuned sense of humor to roll up to work in a 1985 Volkswagen Cabriolet packed chock full o' electrical gremlins.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:14 PM   #24
Elder

Two words: Lease Return.

Quote:
You still don't understand. This is like trying to explain calculus to a clam.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:48 PM   #25
Elder

Quote:
because there are people on here who are idiots.

it's a fucking car.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:48 PM   #26
GA
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to GA
Quote:

Because my $6k, 150k, 20 year old car (SPG) was not manufactured with galvanized steel, and would starting rusting if exposed to the salt in a bag of French fries. You could probably hear it rust in the garage if exposed to Minnesota winter road salt.

My new 9-5, with galvanized steel and modern factory rust-proofing, can handle the road salt (with a regular diet of winter car washes).

Old 11-02-2010, 02:20 AM   #27
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
because there are people on here who are idiots.

it's a fucking car.
You are partially right - but wrong.

If you have a nice old classic car - why ruin it if you have the means to just drive something else in the horrible weather. Save something worth saving. If the car is already pretty rusty and it's a common car - who cares at that point, but if it's something which would be hard to replace and you want to have it a long time - spare the salt.
for your repair needs
Old 11-02-2010, 05:20 AM   #28
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PoisonBeef
But my point is most of the people that drive winter beaters, dont have a car worth saving.*

99 3-door 9-3 - SOLD
99 5-door 9-3SE - td04, 3" dp, t5 suite - Sold

2001 Audi a6 2.7 twin turbo
1986 Audi 5000 2.2 turbo
2012 VW Golf TDI
1982 Yamaha Seca xj650
Old 11-02-2010, 05:35 AM   #29
Elder

Quote:
But my point is most of the people that drive winter beaters, dont have a car worth saving.*
In that case, it's because I can

My 9000 is right at that point where it does still look good, but there's enough tiny little problem areas that in one winter of Vermont salt useage... it just wouldn't by spring.

Having it parked also gives me the opportunity to slowly work on things thoughout the winter, instead of rushing jobs to have the car back on the road.

And when spring comes, I bet I could sell my beater for at least 2x what I paid for it... especially with a couple junkyard doors.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:37 AM   #30
Elder

My 95' 9000 is sitting - with a dead battery I need to charge it up again and make room in the garage for the 86' then put the 95' in my driveway for winter - alas, I should invest in a car cover too I think. The vintage is mad at me also with a dead battery (first time ever) and it's packed with a 9000 Aero rear seat since well... spring inside the garage. It's awaiting fuel lines and more attention yet.

My "Winter Beaters" Consist of a Geo Metro and a Sonoma 2.2 2WD Truck.
for your repair needs

Last edited by BurnsSide42; 11-02-2010 at 05:39 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:27 AM   #31
Elder

Quote:
My winter vehicle this year costs more than the vehicle I am storing.

You are talking about me

doh.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:43 PM   #32

Quote:
I know people who store stock civics for winter... lol what a waste.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:17 PM   #33
SAAB Road Master

Old joke about the guy in a Miata who zooms into a parking spot ahead of a suburban matron who had been parked waiting for it. "See what you can do with a zippy little sports car?"

She puts the Rover into drive, floors it and crushes the Miata.

"See what you can do when you're rich"

Why no winter beater? I used to have a few cars around. New Jersey is now ruled by the Insurance Mafia and the Equal Opportunity for Lunch Bunch. We now have shared risk and lots of rules.

One rule is that a car has to be registered and insured to own it. Cancel the insurance and the company notifies DMV and wants the tags and registration back. That adds a few hundred a year to the cost of keeping a pleasure car. Most towns have a rule about keeping a car without tags on it in the open.

The only "out" is to have a 25+ year old car and register it as an antique or historic. But then, I think you may have restrictions.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:24 AM   #34
Trollerator
Elder

that looks fantastic. I would want to see the wheels larger if they were not winter, but they look fantastic. fantastic.

fantastic/

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 11-04-2010, 07:09 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach9000 View Post
badass. lower it alil =)
yeah uh no...
Quote:
he has AWD....why wouldnt he.

looks sick as hell btw!

'01 9-3 Vert Stg 2/e85

Quote:
dont make me photoshop a dick in your mouth
Old 11-04-2010, 07:36 PM   #36

Send a message via AIM to AUPilot09
Love it. Black and white works well there. Good lookin car, sir.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:21 AM   #37

White is not my favorite color for cars, but it works on the new 9-5. Liking the black wheels!
Old 11-18-2010, 03:05 PM   #38

Send a message via AIM to mySaab900
I think those should be your summer wheels, and the original Aeros should be your winter wheels. Unless you're gonna get some other AFT wheels for the summer.

'91 Saab c900 N/A (RIP)
'03 Saab 9-3 2.0t Arc
Old 11-18-2010, 04:01 PM   #39
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mySaab900 View Post
I think those should be your summer wheels, and the original Aeros should be your winter wheels. Unless you're gonna get some other AFT wheels for the summer.
Ditch the 19" turbines? Uh, no.

Sex:

Old 11-18-2010, 05:19 PM   #40
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowsaab86 View Post
yeah uh no...

he has AWD....why wouldnt he.

looks sick as hell btw!

pssh to each his own
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in