Do I need foglights? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-3 '03+ Forum > Customizing Your New 9-3

Customizing Your New 9-3 This forum contains all CUSTOMIZING related Q&A's, such as Lights (taillights, headlights, turn indicators, clear corners, etc), Interior and Exterior modifications, Wiring, Gauges and more.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2005, 07:02 AM   #1
SAABeginner

Do I need foglights?

I have recently picked up a 2004 9-3 2.0t Linear. I love this car but it did not come equipped with fog lights. My wife and I are both unhappy with the performance of the headlights at night without the aid of fog lights. I'm looking to find a way to improve on the headlights or install fog lights. If I go the fog light route should I buy OEM lights or is there an aftermarket alternative?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2005, 05:52 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Lemme look see if E-codes are available for your car. Nope, but

Nick has the lights and the switch for $158, it fits factory wiring too.

http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/p...roducts_id=267

Last edited by Tweek's Turbos; 12-10-2005 at 05:55 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-10-2005, 08:52 AM   #3
Elder

I would get something close or the same as oem... They fit like a glove

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-10-2005, 12:08 PM   #4
Elder

If you're looking to put more light on the road, I'd recommend going with some nice aftermarket fogs. I've got a pair of Hella FF75 series fog that I am extremely happy with. They don't fit quite as well as the OEM lights, but they put out an incredible amount of light.

-John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 9-3 - Nordic Stage 3
2007 9-5 2.3T Wagon

Old 12-12-2005, 12:43 PM   #5
SAABeginner

Decision made

I went ahead and purchased the oem fog lights and switch from Genuine Saab. I'm also picking up a JR drop in filter. Merry Christmas to myself!

Old 12-21-2005, 04:10 AM   #6
SAABeginner

I installed the fog lights and switch yesterday and they look great. Only one problem they do not turn on!
Do I need to visit a Saab dealer to have some reprogramming done?

Old 12-21-2005, 05:16 AM   #7
Elder

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHK-921
I have recently picked up a 2004 9-3 2.0t Linear. --- My wife and I are both unhappy with the performance of the headlights at night without the aid of fog lights. I'm looking to find a way to improve on the headlights or install fog lights. If I go the fog light route should I buy OEM lights or is there an aftermarket alternative?
Shoulda gotton an Arc or Aero - but if you want me to get you price quote on OEM fogs for a SS - I can do that as I work at a dealership, am at work right now infact

Edit - I should really start reading entire threads before posting - i've been on and off with that alot lately lol
for your repair needs
Old 12-21-2005, 05:52 AM   #8
SAABeginner

I bought the vehicle used without the fog lights. I'd much rather the aero but I got a great deal on this one.
Any idea what a service cost might be to program these fog lights and turn off my DRL's?

Old 12-21-2005, 09:19 AM   #9
Elder

what the hell is a DRL - what are you making into an acronim? Do you mean DTC? Never heard that term "DRL" used at work - so I'm not sure what you mean. As for cost to program - should be like .5 hours (there's a minium usually at places).
for your repair needs
Old 12-21-2005, 07:22 PM   #10
SAABeginner

I was referring to the daytime running lights.

Old 12-21-2005, 08:25 PM   #11
Elder

ewwww - those. I'll see what it involves tomorrow when i'm in a SS dicking around with DTC's Never had to delete "DRL" from one before.
for your repair needs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in