no heated seats in the some 9-3's?? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-3 '03+ Forum > Customizing Your New 9-3

Customizing Your New 9-3 This forum contains all CUSTOMIZING related Q&A's, such as Lights (taillights, headlights, turn indicators, clear corners, etc), Interior and Exterior modifications, Wiring, Gauges and more.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 04:51 AM   #1
TSLMember

no heated seats in the some 9-3's??

okay, here's a question...i've had 3 SAABs, a 900s, a 900SE and now this 9-3...every SAAB that i've own came with heated seats, along with a sunroof, mind you i always bought used....but anyways yesterday i went down to a dealer in RI that had an 2011, with 34k and had it advertised for 12,977...which originally 2.5 months ago it was listed at 16+K....so i went down to take it for a spin...i was SHOCKED that it didn't have heated seats....and no sunroof...which i can see, and i would eventually have to put one in, because i can't live without a sunroof...i know it sounds silly, and spoiled, but i feel boxed in any car that doesn't have sunroof...anyways, i asked the dealer(which wasn't a SAAB dealer) how much would it cost to put in a sunroof and 2 heated seats...$1500 was the answer....so my question is, since my 05 has the exact same color seats, could i take those out and change them??? on the dash panel, there is two "blank" buttons that don't push, and that is where the "button for the bummy warmers are in my car"....
i just can't believe a saab doesn't have bummy warmers....i'm totally blown away with that....
obviously shows you how much i know....NOTHING
:th
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 04:52 AM   #2
TSLMember

and when i say "can I" take out my old 9-3 seats and exchange them, i meant "a professional"...NOT ME
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-15-2013, 05:11 AM   #3

Some of the base model 9-3s don't have a sunroof or heated seats.

Yes, your seats can be switched as long as the airbag connectors are the same.

No, you don't want to install an aftermarket sunroof.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:59 AM   #4
TSLMember

quick question....also looking at a 09 9-3...has sunroof, but i don't think heated seats...how much does it cost to put Saab heated seats and wiring...any idea?
Old 01-15-2013, 07:09 AM   #5

If the seat rails match, which they should, it will take about an hour or two of labor. The wiring is probably the same for both cars because it costs more to manufacture a separate wiring harness than to just have one for all applications.

It's also a fairly easy DIY job.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:40 PM   #6
Avid TSL User

I have an 04 aero without heated seats. if saab invented heated seats then i think all saab's should have them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #7
SAABeginner

There are no wires for heated seats in there... Trust me i know.
You have to put all the cables your self. And change the panel....
We sold a car that came directly from ANA in Trollhattan that they bought from the factory that should have been for the Germany market .
Since i been a former employee at the plant, i saw directly that they were missing. But the Seller didnt....
It is more work to it than you know.

// Andreas
Old 01-18-2013, 05:02 PM   #8
Avid TSL User

Don't try and reinvent the wheel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 9-3 Vector
Old 01-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #9
Flirting With TSL Addiction

parents 08 9-3 aero sportcombi had no heated seats, or on star, or bluetooth... but they got it for $12k with 18k miles so they didn't complain to much...
Old 01-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #10
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via AIM to Matt D
Heated seats were ONLY included in cars with the cold weather package. For $550 it included heated seats and headlight washers; And most Saabs have that because dealers had trouble selling cars which didn't. Exact same reason that it's hard to find a 5 speed or any special colors; Dealers only want cars that they can move quickly. I actually used to make more spiff money selling unique cars because they sat on the lot so long. When saab came out with those special edition lightning blue 9-3 convertibles, every large dealer got one sent to them. I made an extra $1000 for selling it just because the owner wanted it out of his dealership

97 9000 aero ... R.I.P.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in