Summer tires - Hankook - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-3 '03+ Forum > Customizing Your New 9-3

Customizing Your New 9-3 This forum contains all CUSTOMIZING related Q&A's, such as Lights (taillights, headlights, turn indicators, clear corners, etc), Interior and Exterior modifications, Wiring, Gauges and more.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
Avid TSL User

Summer tires - Hankook

Anyone had any experience or know anything about the Hankook Ventus v12 evo k110 tires? Getting some ideas on what to get for summer treads and these stood out as getting really good reviews and at a reasonable price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2011, 03:09 PM   #2
Elder

I've been using them. They seem to wear pretty well and don't get noisy as hell as the tread wears down. Handle reasonably well too.

2000 Viggen 'vert
2000 9-5 Aero
1998 9000 CSE Turbo
1994 9000 Aero
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 02-15-2011, 03:16 PM   #3
Elder

my dad has the v12's on his vette. they do just fine.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:07 PM   #4
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Friend of mine put these on his 06 aero last spring. Ride nice, just looked at them (stored at my place) and there's minimal wear after 1 season. Reasonably priced too
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 02-15-2011, 08:45 PM   #5
TSLMember

I have run them fr a lot of years..I get 45000 miles of great driving out of them and buy another set..+1
Old 02-16-2011, 04:34 AM   #6
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I'm tire shopping too and for a few extra bucks I'm leaning toward the Bridgestone RE760.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:18 AM   #7
Elder

I started using Hankooks on my SAAB 900 about 5 years ago. Now they are on all my cars (except 1 that is still running Bridgestone G-Force Sports). Even my snows are Hankooks. Very good tire for the money.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1993 900T Comm Ed #3
1993 900T Comm Ed #249
1994 900T Comm Ed #363
Old 02-18-2011, 07:41 AM   #8
TSLMember

I run V12 Ventus on my Stage 3 NG900. I really like them for their price. They can be a little noisey on some roads.

My fronts have lasted nearly 18 months and my rears will last for a long time yet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:13 AM   #9
Elder

I've been bragging about Hankooks for quite a few years. I've used them on both my car and my wifes. They are a VERY good all around tire. They have a very good wear usually about 40k before replacing and seem to be a fairly quiet tire. They are good in the wet also (not great) Winter driving on them sucks though. I feel you can't beat the price of them. SAAB tire program actually recomends them as an alternitive to the OEM tire.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:23 AM   #10
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonracer View Post
Winter driving on them sucks though.
Perhaps on all-seasons, but the i-Pikes are an awesome winter tire. I couldn't slip with these things if I wanted to--and believe me I've tried. Scooted right up the sheet of ice that we call a driveway the other day too.

1993 900T Comm Ed #3
1993 900T Comm Ed #249
1994 900T Comm Ed #363
Old 02-18-2011, 09:54 AM   #11
Avid TSL User

decision made - the hankooks it is. as for winter, a set of steelies will have to replace the summer set.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:34 AM   #12
Elder

[QUOTE=turbocon86;812398]Perhaps on all-seasons, but the i-Pikes are an awesome winter tire. I couldn't slip with these things if I wanted to--and believe me I've tried. Scooted right up the sheet of ice that we call a driveway the other day too.

If you read the op he was asking about summer tires.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:24 AM   #13
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonracer View Post
If you read the op he was asking about summer tires.
Yeah, I got that, but I was just responding to your winter performance comment. I wouldn't drive any summer performance tire in the winter, not limited to just Hankooks--unless you're training for the bobsled.

1993 900T Comm Ed #3
1993 900T Comm Ed #249
1994 900T Comm Ed #363
Old 02-18-2011, 11:42 AM   #14
Elder

alot of people do though, and the Ventus is bad in the snow.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:01 PM   #15
Elder

lol. yes, my dad's corvette is useless in the snow. 1" of compacted snow and it took 4 people pushing to get it to move.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:55 PM   #16
Elder

Ventus V12s have a huge following and I see many good comments on them, however one complaint is that the sidewalls are pretty soft and give them a somewhat imprecise feeling at the limit. They are great for spirited street driving but are not good on the track.

|
|
Old 02-19-2011, 01:12 PM   #17
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbocon86 View Post
I started using Hankooks on my SAAB 900 about 5 years ago. Now they are on all my cars (except 1 that is still running Bridgestone G-Force Sports). Even my snows are Hankooks. Very good tire for the money.
How do you like those g force sports? Im thinking about those for my car.

This is my car, and it's for me. This is not for you

132417saab™©
AKA "numbers"
Old 02-19-2011, 03:13 PM   #18
Elder

They are sticky as anything and handle really well, but have a very short tread life. I replace a pair a year on my summer car. Fronts wear out and then I flop the rears to the front and put new on the rear annually.

1993 900T Comm Ed #3
1993 900T Comm Ed #249
1994 900T Comm Ed #363
Old 02-19-2011, 04:52 PM   #19
Elder

Minus the miles from TX to PA, I was running a brand new set on my Viggen and got caught up in PA in some snow. They're not what you want to be running. They didn't throw the car into a ditch instantly or anything like that but felt more like a set of all seasons worn down into the wear bar area.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:20 PM   #20
Elder

A set annually? Ouch no thank you

This is my car, and it's for me. This is not for you

132417saab™©
AKA "numbers"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in