Ghetto heat gun - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-3 '03+ Forum > Customizing Your New 9-3

Customizing Your New 9-3 This forum contains all CUSTOMIZING related Q&A's, such as Lights (taillights, headlights, turn indicators, clear corners, etc), Interior and Exterior modifications, Wiring, Gauges and more.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2010, 05:04 PM   #1
Avid TSL User

Ghetto heat gun

I dont have access to a heat gun so would a hair dryer work for applying smoked film?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2010, 05:54 PM   #2
Elder

Not hot enough.

Any hobby store should have one.

'91 900 Turbo SE Convertible
'93 900 Turbo CE #116, modified
'02 9-5 Aero SportWagon, MT
'06 GTO, modified
'08 9-7X 6.0 Aero. The fastest stock Saab I've owned, bar none.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-16-2010, 07:17 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to b dash rian
hair dryer will work with a little bravery and some modifications... but i'd recommend a real heat gun...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Football stars play for the Steelers. Suck it, Cleveland.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:26 PM   #4
Avid TSL User

Haha i think ill just try to find one. If i mod the hair dryer my mom will put a brick in a pillowcase and beat me with it.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:34 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to aireeca
I like how your mom rolls. Good luck in your search.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:21 PM   #6
Avid TSL User

If I was your mom and you did that with my $80 dollar hair dryer I would prolly do the same...lol just go to Harbor Freight and buy a gun for 10-15 bucks....sometimes they have cheap ones for like 5 bucks....

Anyways if you don't have a Harbor Freight around where you live...just go rent one...or even ask your neighbor and throw him 5 bucks for lending it to you.

Your gonna want something hot....not a hair dryer...and if you do use the hair dryer use it on low...and block the back air entry with like a paper towel...that way the air coming out is a lot hotter...but be careful you might burn the wire...then mom will not be happy!

What I would do...is ask your neighbors if you can barrow one...and if not buy one.

JEEEEET!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jet-01-88
95 9000 Aero
Old 12-20-2010, 02:37 AM   #7
Erk
TSLMember

Better yet, borrow the neighbors hair dryer and plug up the intake. When that one breaks, go to the next neighbor, and so on. I figure one per window. Rural or urban area?
Old 12-20-2010, 04:11 AM   #8
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet0188 View Post
just go to Harbor Freight and buy a gun for 10-15 bucks....sometimes they have cheap ones for like 5 bucks....
Agreed - I got one from Big Lots for $8 and it works too well - it pops breakers at my job b/c the circuits here are so overloaded and the gun draws like 18AMPS lol
for your repair needs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in