bsr optiflow (2.8t) - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-3 '03+ Forum > Customizing Your New 9-3

Customizing Your New 9-3 This forum contains all CUSTOMIZING related Q&A's, such as Lights (taillights, headlights, turn indicators, clear corners, etc), Interior and Exterior modifications, Wiring, Gauges and more.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2010, 10:07 AM   #1
Avid TSL User

bsr optiflow (2.8t)

Im thinking about making the switch from K&N drop to the BSR Optiflow. I've found it online for $168 which is not too bad. Wanted to know if this is a worthwhile decision. Also if there are any increases in boost? For those who would like a K&N drop in filter (also have the stock filter) with under a 1000 miles on it PM me.

Was curious to see if the optiflow sets off a CEL. And does this particular mod void the warranty?

Last edited by propain203; 05-22-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2010, 01:40 PM   #2
Elder

It seems like most intakes can be a bit tricky in terms of whether they set off a CEL or not on these cars, however the BSR intake is widely used and is regarded highly. There will likely be no tangible increase in performance, especially over the K&N filter however you will get more sound which makes you sound and feel like you are going faster haha.

It will not void your warranty as if there was ever a problem with the car and the warranty was not honored due to the intake, the dealer would have to prove the intake caused the problem which would be very hard to do so you are pretty safe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-22-2010, 04:37 PM   #3
Avid TSL User

I was planning on doing the BSR optiflow before I do the vtuner upgrade. Thats why I was wondering if the boost levels will rise after the vtuner stage 0 install. Also I was planning on keeping the stock intake just incase I have to visit the dealership and do the switcheroo.

Old 05-22-2010, 07:03 PM   #4
Elder

Ok, well an intake will definately make a difference once you are pushing more boost and therefore are consuming a greater quantity of air. You won't need to take the intake off though, a dealer wouldn't care. If you have a huge turbo, forged pistons and other internal mods, then you would need to think about life without warranty.

|
|
Old 05-22-2010, 08:06 PM   #5
Avid TSL User

I had the BSR Optiflow on my '09, noticed an increase in low end turbo lag with the bigger flow. Put the stock intake back on and the car was zippy again. Didn't even really notice an increase in power at higher RPM's with the BSR. Also, personally I don't like the sound, especially under light engine load, it gets annoying after a while.

Not sure how lag would play out on the V6 with the Optiflow.
2001 9-3 Viggen Vert
2009 9-3 Turbo4 - Stage 2

Old 05-27-2010, 08:51 PM   #6
Avid TSL User

I decided to just go ahead and buy it. Im trying to free up as much hp as I can get, plus I feel I have done my homework with researching this intake!!
Old 05-28-2010, 06:21 AM   #7
Avid TSL User

Backordered wtf!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in