BSR Tuning System?? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-3 '03+ Forum > Customizing Your New 9-3

Customizing Your New 9-3 This forum contains all CUSTOMIZING related Q&A's, such as Lights (taillights, headlights, turn indicators, clear corners, etc), Interior and Exterior modifications, Wiring, Gauges and more.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2010, 07:24 PM   #1
TSLMember

BSR Tuning System??

Forgive me for not knowing, but exactly how does this work. Plugging something into your car and "uploading" can increase hp? how? without and hardware added. i just dont get it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2010, 07:39 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93_2point0T View Post
Forgive me for not knowing, but exactly how does this work. Plugging something into your car and "uploading" can increase hp? how? without and hardware added. i just dont get it.
Cars like everything today are ran buy computers. More fueling and alterations to the timing maps as well as boost maps = more performance. Cars are limited by there computers now back in the day they were limited by there carbs. Keep in mind some hardware upgrades are needed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^CLICK ME^
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-24-2010, 09:13 AM   #3
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewz airflow se View Post
Cars like everything today are ran buy computers. More fueling and alterations to the timing maps as well as boost maps = more performance. Cars are limited by there computers now back in the day they were limited by there carbs. Keep in mind some hardware upgrades are needed.

No hardware upgrades needed for Stage 1 software.
2001 9-3 Viggen Vert
2009 9-3 Turbo4 - Stage 2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:26 PM   #4
TSLMember

Bsr

BSR connects to you OBDII port. A new ecu flash is on the device they provide and this increases boost pressure, and adjust fuel maps and timing. You usually store the stock flash on the unit so you can always revert back to stock if you don't like it or there is a problem.

Vtuner does this using HP Tuner and a laptop. With his tune I made 322hp/380TQ and that's with a heatsoaked intercooler.

https://www.saablink.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48070

Maptun also goes this route. Here is a video of someone tuning their V6 9-3 but I am sure the 2.0t is the exact same way. Very painless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo2AKMlkULg

BSR and Maptun are really very easy and Brian's method is a little more difficult though you definately get more power. The 2.0 has lot's of options as well and even more aftermarket support than the V6.

Definately something I would do again.

Last edited by Subninja; 04-26-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:30 PM   #5
Avid TSL User

so psyched for my vtuner upgrade!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in