downpipe - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-3 '03+ Forum > Customizing Your New 9-3

Customizing Your New 9-3 This forum contains all CUSTOMIZING related Q&A's, such as Lights (taillights, headlights, turn indicators, clear corners, etc), Interior and Exterior modifications, Wiring, Gauges and more.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2010, 01:34 PM   #1
Avid TSL User

downpipe

looking to have a custom 3" downpipe made for my 2.8t aero!!! Any ideas? I want to spend under $500.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2010, 09:21 PM   #2
SAABeginner

It really comes down to if you are doing or having a shop do it. I had a custom downpipe done for my car, but it's the 4 cylinder and I'm not sure what the bends look like on the V6. I had a full 3" custom exhaust all done at the same time, but when I broke down the cost it came to about $500 for the downpipe including the cat. If you are doing it yourself then the costs is just materials which would be pretty easy to figure out.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-29-2010, 07:34 PM   #3
Avid TSL User

Unfortunately I do not have access to the materials to build a downpipe, as well as the know-how. That is why I was trying to get ideas on how to come across a custom one. With that being said, trying to find a 3" downpipe for a 2.8t is near impossible for that price range with a cat of course. Maptune has them for about $1000.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:11 AM   #4
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
I have a v6 lined up to prototype one on, just waiting to get caught up on the 4cyl downpipe production right now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-21-2010, 08:57 PM   #5
TSLMember

Good Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineSaab View Post
I have a v6 lined up to prototype one on, just waiting to get caught up on the 4cyl downpipe production right now.
Please do this. I would say this is one of the most looked for parts for the 9-3 2.8t. No one make them full 3" without a cat. I don't care if I throw codes or not. This could put me over 300whp to the wheels and shut up everyone that talks smack about Saabs.

Please do this!
Old 04-22-2010, 01:06 AM   #6
Avid TSL User

agreed ninja!
Old 04-22-2010, 01:24 PM   #7
TSLMember

Any idea?

Any idea when you might get around to prototyping a v6 downpipe? How far are you on the 4 banger and how long does full production take?
Old 05-04-2010, 11:11 AM   #8
TSLMember

need

I need this...gimme gimme...
Old 05-04-2010, 03:33 PM   #9
SAAB Road Master

i would be interested as well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in