Recent cosmetic changes - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-3 '03+ Forum > Customizing Your New 9-3

Customizing Your New 9-3 This forum contains all CUSTOMIZING related Q&A's, such as Lights (taillights, headlights, turn indicators, clear corners, etc), Interior and Exterior modifications, Wiring, Gauges and more.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2005, 08:20 AM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to soccerrplyr
Recent cosmetic changes

Tell me your opinion or what you think would be interesting to do/ not do next.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2005, 08:21 AM   #2
Elder

another

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-05-2005, 08:22 AM   #3
Elder

another

Old 06-05-2005, 08:42 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to b dash rian
where were you planning on getting that big griffin decal

because i looked at the scania website, as in the trucks that saab used to associate with, and they have those big griffin decals but i couldnt get one, but i still would reallly like to get one, and place it right where you have it

Quote:
Football stars play for the Steelers. Suck it, Cleveland.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:49 AM   #5
Elder

The local vinyl shop where i live made it for me. You can order from elkparts but you will have to specify the color and it will cost 63 dollars to get it over here for two decals. Instead i just saved the image to a jpeg file, broght it to him, told him the exact size as they produce it , then he made both side sets for 45 for me. Or you can get one for 25. I only placed one on right now. The gas side i didn't put on yet and I dont know if i want to yet. If you want that one i'll sell it to you for 15 and then shipping. I figure going local i saved 20 bucks and time by doing it this way. The vinyl is 6 year white.

Old 06-05-2005, 09:00 AM   #6
Elder

that's a BIG wing - I kind alike the wood dash kits - but I am removing mine outta my 9000 I think - mines old and used and worn. I'd love to get a stainless steel one for my SPG - I like cold steel
for your repair needs
Old 06-05-2005, 09:03 AM   #7
Elder

So you're the one that got a hold of that last EVO spoiler from Nick...I was just about to order one...

But for some reason on that side shot of your car...It doesn't look right...The spoiler that is...It looks really weird...I've seen one of these spoilers in person and it didn't look that drastic from the side....Weird...

Anyways. I also wanted to put those decals on my car...We'll see what I end up doing...

Old 06-05-2005, 09:03 AM   #8
Elder

I wanted a spoiler and after a year and a half of looking for a viggens, like a hundred other people out there, I had to go with the evo.

Old 06-05-2005, 09:05 AM   #9
Elder

Maybe take some pics for us of the EVO spoiler from different angles, it might just be that angle...

Old 06-05-2005, 09:06 AM   #10
Elder

The decal also helps to cover part of the dents i couldn't pull out after the him and run i had this winter. I bondo'ed some parts, painted and then had it so that the vinyl would cover some of the work.

Old 06-05-2005, 09:13 AM   #11
Elder

Did you post pics of the hit and run on here?

Also, how was the install for the spoiler? Easy? Did you have to remove the stock spoiler to fit it? And did you get yours painted? If so, how much?

Old 06-05-2005, 09:27 AM   #12
Elder

Yeah i posted pics and there is s thread on here. It was back in Feb i think. The spoiler was an easy install. It took about an hour to get off, attach, and reapply. You have to drill through your old one through. You'll need to get new double sided sticky tape when you reattach.I did have to go to the hardware store to pick up larger screws because the ones that came with it were way to small. I did the painting myself and it came out nice. It comes primered light grey. If my car was not black i would have even attempted doing it myself.

Old 06-05-2005, 09:30 AM   #13
Elder

Painted it with spray paint? Small items like that always work. It's the bigger ones that always get screwed up...I think my stock spoiler needs painted so I was going to do them both at once...Well once I get a hold of this EVO spoiler...I've always liked the look...

Old 06-05-2005, 09:44 AM   #14
Elder

It was some type of "special" spray paint but i also took my time with it to let it cure and all. All in all i painted and eventually clear coated a shit load of times. I took about a week or so of on and off again painting touches in a warm room. Doing a light coat, waiting two hours, light coat, ect...Worth the time and wait for a large project. I did the same thing with the clear coating. The good thing about the painting is that the only thing that will ever scratch it would be a bug hitting it verses, say rocks hitting a painted grill or something.

Old 06-05-2005, 09:54 AM   #15
Elder

Those bugs can be dangerous at speeds of 50+

Old 06-05-2005, 12:25 PM   #16
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to danthegolfer
i dont like the griffin decal... sorry it just looks to big for that area and just kinda tacky... it might work nice on the hood tho

Completed Mods:
Dual XD-7500 head unit, GenuineSaab Sport Intake Pipe and 22mm Rear Sway Bar, Optima Redtop, 2 Rockford Fosgate P2 12\" Subs in Rockford sealed box, powered by a Rockford Punch 200aIV amp running off Rockford Fosgate 8 Gauge Wiring kit, 3 way Pioneer 6x9 rear speakers
Old 06-05-2005, 01:38 PM   #17
Elder

to each their one...

Old 06-05-2005, 01:42 PM   #18
Elder

Come on Dan it's the new thing, you are just way out of the loop...

Does anyone know what type of wheels these are?

Old 06-05-2005, 01:57 PM   #19
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to danthegolfer
well i guess i just dont really like exterior decals period... just not a big fan of em... the blue one looks pretty nice i think, but in my opinion the white sticks out too much agaisnt ur blackness... maybe if u got a gray one it would look good? i dunno, just my opinion and im dumb so dont bother with me lol

Completed Mods:
Dual XD-7500 head unit, GenuineSaab Sport Intake Pipe and 22mm Rear Sway Bar, Optima Redtop, 2 Rockford Fosgate P2 12\" Subs in Rockford sealed box, powered by a Rockford Punch 200aIV amp running off Rockford Fosgate 8 Gauge Wiring kit, 3 way Pioneer 6x9 rear speakers
Old 06-05-2005, 02:37 PM   #20
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by danthegolfer
and im dumb so dont bother with me lol
Nice one I am thinking of getting mine in a ghost color, that always appears on black cars...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in