Brand Spanky NEW 2005 9-3 Aero-any must have mods? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-3 '03+ Forum > Customizing Your New 9-3

Customizing Your New 9-3 This forum contains all CUSTOMIZING related Q&A's, such as Lights (taillights, headlights, turn indicators, clear corners, etc), Interior and Exterior modifications, Wiring, Gauges and more.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2005, 04:10 PM   #1
SAABeginner

Brand Spanky NEW 2005 9-3 Aero-any must have mods?

First week with the new Aero (still smiling from ear to ear) . I am taking it in to get the lights set to ROTW so I stop blinding the gate guards at the base when I pull up. Anything else the Tech II can/should do while I am there?

Thanks for any/all replies.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2005, 06:27 AM   #2
Avid TSL User

Re: Brand Spanky NEW 2005 9-3 Aero-any must have mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin150
First week with the new Aero (still smiling from ear to ear) . I am taking it in to get the lights set to ROTW so I stop blinding the gate guards at the base when I pull up. Anything else the Tech II can/should do while I am there?

Thanks for any/all replies.
whats ROTW? congrats on your new car. what color? post pictures. any plans on mods?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-04-2005, 08:05 AM   #3
SAABeginner

whats ROTW? congrats on your new car. what color? post pictures. any plans on mods?

ROTW= Rest Of The World. Allows you to turn the day time running lights OFF. (not a standard setting on US 2005 models apparently). This will make the light switch actually useful.

With that I have to say a BIG Thank you to all on this site, as this is where I found out how to do it. This is a great site, I have only been on a few days looking, but I feel right at home, and even more proud to own a Saab . Thank you all for being here and being supportive. (and/or quick to slam the occasional chuckle-head). Pics to follow late today. (05 Aero, steel grey-slate interior, 5-speed manual)

Thanks again.

Old 06-04-2005, 12:58 PM   #4
TSLMember

Send a message via AIM to dapturbo
Congrats on the new car. I just got my '05 Aero about a month ago. Also got the steel grey. The only other thing I had them do was have the car set to turn off the ACC for 30 seconds after the windshield washers engage... otherwise, you will have an overwhelmingly smell enter the cabin. Can't wait to see pics of your ride... I will be making a new cardomain page very soon...
Old 06-05-2005, 07:08 AM   #5
SAABeginner

As promised: A few pics: 2005 9-3 Aero
Xenon Lights, Heated Seats, Touring Package, 5-speed manual.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:23 PM   #6

That is a miiiighty sweet car.
Old 06-05-2005, 03:07 PM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
very nice. they have an excellent transmission plus you can hop the ecotec engine up to make some really impressive power, you can get more than enough go power out of your 2.0 to put down one of the new un-moded 2.8V6 aeros coming out soon.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:49 PM   #8
SAABeginner

Thanks,
I am looking at the Nordic tunes as major holiday wish list items. I plan on doing the low cost stuff first-step one: Filters-K&N of other?, anything else that anyone might suggest? I would love to do an ECU upgrade to get a few more HP, but the $$ is brutal. Open air intake is another thought-but who makes the best?
Old 06-05-2005, 07:05 PM   #9
Avid TSL User

mmm very sexy love those rims. i definanitly go with k&H fo the coldair intake and if you don't have a 2.5" or 3" exhaust id get one of those too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in