Project Beginnings - Page 3 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-3 '03+ Forum > Customizing Your New 9-3

Customizing Your New 9-3 This forum contains all CUSTOMIZING related Q&A's, such as Lights (taillights, headlights, turn indicators, clear corners, etc), Interior and Exterior modifications, Wiring, Gauges and more.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2008, 02:50 PM   #41
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to AUPilot09
Yeah, I got back in town and just washed the heck out of it. No real big deal.
Thanks for the info on the 3M tape stuffs.

I'm now wanting to do a small project but it's the biggest thing that's pissing me off. Emblems. They're peeling like a mofo and I don't want them to keep peeling, actually I want to replace them, or cover them. I want them to be black and silver. I was just wondering if anyone knew any cheapish ways of doing this. I don't want to have to get em printed at a shop, but I don't really mind it if I end up having to. I just wanted some ideas I guess.

Thanks again fellas.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2008, 03:20 PM   #42
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Are these badges just flat after they peel off? My NG900 had a 3d outline of the logo once it peeled it off. If that's the case, I'd say hand paint it up. That way, it technically doesn't even have to come off the car and you can paint it however you want. A nice, solid, custom emblem. After the paint you can treat it with something to protect it and give it a shine.

'04 9-3 Aero
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-07-2008, 03:23 PM   #43

That's a good idea actually. They do seem to have some ridges and such, so I may actually do this. They haven't peeled all the way yet, but they're certainly flaking bad, and will before the year's out.
What kind of paint would you suggest? Model paint? Some auto paint from the dealer or similar?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-09-2008, 04:42 PM   #44

Did a little work on mah car today. Summertime is bored time, gotta do something

Last edited by AUPilot09; 07-12-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:41 PM   #45

Ordered 6 badge decals to cover the epic factory fail peel.

Hood, Trunk, Wheels. I'm STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I should have them in hand in a week.

Old 07-12-2008, 05:05 PM   #46
Elder

Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
Looks good!

^CLICK ME^
Old 07-13-2008, 10:42 PM   #47
TSLMember

not sure if the squeeking under the drivers seat has been taken care of but i had the same problem. turns out is was the small piece of plastic molding right below the pocket on the seat.. its a little plastic piece which is held on by a clip (in my case the clip popped off and caused a horrible sqeak-"drove me nuts for months until i figured it out" ) good luck..
Old 07-13-2008, 10:44 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysaabturbo View Post
not sure if the squeeking under the drivers seat has been taken care of but i had the same problem. turns out is was the small piece of plastic molding right below the pocket on the seat.. its a little plastic piece which is held on by a clip (in my case the clip popped off and caused a horrible sqeak-"drove me nuts for months until i figured it out" ) good luck..
I've felt under there and thought that was awry, I'll be checking that tomorrow morning! Thanks so much

Old 07-14-2008, 10:21 PM   #49
TSLMember

no problem...hope thats your problem..if it is, its an easy fix!! good luck!!
Old 07-23-2008, 02:17 PM   #50

New emblems on.

Rainy day. I must say I approve. Not the depth or luster of a factory $60 badge, but I must say they work well.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:51 PM   #51
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to Superwill00
This is lookin good! Love that black on black.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:34 PM   #52

So, Poll time. E-code bumper strips, or Aero spoiler next? Probably some time next month if everything works out financially.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:02 PM   #53
Avid TSL User

It looks like you already have E-codes from the pictures above-?

Old 07-24-2008, 02:06 PM   #54

heheh. GIMP FTW. I also still have 4 doors, and don't have foglights.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:45 PM   #55
Avid TSL User

Right, well i guess my photo analytical skills are horrible-

Old 07-24-2008, 09:59 PM   #56

don't sweat it. I've actually gotten a couple of compliments on my skillz.... but do you think e-codes, or spoiler?

Old 07-24-2008, 10:23 PM   #57
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to Superwill00
Spoiler FTW!
Old 07-26-2008, 05:53 PM   #58
Avid TSL User

I'd say E-codes first if you're trying to save money then you could get the spoiler when your finances are more to your liking. I have both and each is equally appealing, so I'd go with the cheaper one.

Old 01-24-2009, 06:59 PM   #59

I'm thinking about replacing my stereo... any suggestions on replacement in dash units?

Old 09-30-2010, 11:31 PM   #60

Well, most of my pictures are dead links now, but I've decided to resurrect this thread instead of posting a new one.

I've noticed what appears to be bubbling in the paint on my rear bumper. I have no pictures at the moment, but I will later today. It looks like perhaps the clear is bubbling off in small sections on the top back of the bumper, and right near the edge by the side of the tail lights. I'll edit again tomorrow with more specifics, but preliminarily, anyone have any ideas?

Best place to get e-codes and aero spoiler?

Last edited by AUPilot09; 09-30-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in