have you seen this crazy SS yet? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-3 '03+ Forum > Customizing Your New 9-3

Customizing Your New 9-3 This forum contains all CUSTOMIZING related Q&A's, such as Lights (taillights, headlights, turn indicators, clear corners, etc), Interior and Exterior modifications, Wiring, Gauges and more.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2004, 12:26 PM   #1
Trollerator
Elder

have you seen this crazy SS yet?

http://maptun.com/cars.php?car=Saab%209-3&page=&id=31

All i can say is holy crap.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2004, 12:36 PM   #2
SAAB Road Master

holy crap.......that's like a riced ss, giant wing, wide body kit
all i can say is i hope it's faster than it looks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-29-2004, 12:44 PM   #3
Trollerator
Elder

there doesn't seem to be any info about the HP/Torque figures yet but maptun is developing a T8 program for the SS, and should be out soon. So I am guessing they are holding back the numbers until they release the ecu upgrades to the public.

you're right, it BETTER be REEEEEEEAAAAALLLLYYYY FAST.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan

Old 10-29-2004, 02:09 PM   #4
Elder

Damn Maptun is amazing

Old 10-29-2004, 03:10 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
well thats uglier than shit...but i bet its gonna be fast .

Paul

Old 10-29-2004, 04:46 PM   #6
Flirting With TSL Addiction

The front is just god awful. From the side it looks nice until you start goinging around back or front. It better be fast because that body kit from the front definetly looks horrid. It makes me want to cry.

Drive It Like You Stole it!!!!

"Girls only like guys with skills...nunchuku skills, computer hacking skills, Saab driving skills..."
Old 10-30-2004, 05:33 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to BORKAT Send a message via Yahoo to BORKAT
SS, trail off into rant

I don't know if it's meant to be a street car or a super touring car. Either way I don't care. It's still not a Saab no matter how many badges it has on it. It didn't evolve from Saab and I can't stand the sight of them. I always want to yank the badges off them. Before GM took over 100% there was even talk of a new sonett. Now they're putting the Saab name on a Subaru and a gussied up trail blazer. What's next, a Saab running in nascar?! ok deep breaths Tim, count to 10. Sorry, I get wound up about the death of Saab.

Old 10-30-2004, 06:42 AM   #8

Again...WTF does GM have to do with a Maptun car? I dont get these people sometimes. Saab has always had 2 cars in its lineup. For the last several years that has been the case. 9-5 or 9-3 and thats it. They NEED other models to survive because Saab was ABOUT to go out of business if they didnt have them. Saab isnt profitable so they cant afford to spend a ton of money on new designs right now so they are using other designs that have been VERY successful. Every write up I have read on the 9-2x Aero was great. Everyone loves the car EXCEPT all these Saab psychos because its more subaru than Saab. Unfortunately, the average person can't justify spending 5 grand more for the Saab over the WRX. Saabs have ALWAYS been overpriced. The 9-7X I bet will be very nice but its a truck with a v8 and again the Saab psychos dont like it because "it breaks from Saab tradition". We are lucky Saab is even still in business. I'd like to see some of these armchair quarterbacks try and run Saab for 5 years and see if YOU can make perfect products that make everyone happy and finally turn a profit for Saab. We are lucky Bob Lutz is a Saab faithful otherwise the plug would have long since been pulled on a deeply struggling car line.
Old 10-30-2004, 06:44 AM   #9

The turbo they are using is a Garrett GT-35. Expect 400-500hp.
Old 10-30-2004, 07:29 AM   #10

Saab psycho, I like that. How is not making Saabs saving Saab? Saab wasn't saved, it got turned out. It was weak and needed money so it had no choice but to let GM pimp it's brand. Saab is gone. It's too bad Saab couldn't have done what Harley did. But drive what you want, generic consumer. I'm sure the 9-7 will command a huge following of loyal owners. All bragging about having 200k+ miles on them. Nothing quite like an SUV to make you unique.
I would be banned from TSN for saying any of this. Crazy huh?

I make Saab 9-2x for you. 100% much lucky smile car. Veeeery horny to drive.

Old 10-30-2004, 09:41 AM   #11

Quote:
It was weak and needed money so it had no choice but to let GM pimp it's brand. Saab is gone.
The first part I agree with. GM pimped Saab and Saab would be out of business or under some other brand if GM had not done so. The second part I don't agree with because I drive a 2003 9-5 Aero with the ancient but beloved Saab (not GM) 2.3L variable boost turbo engine. If there was no GM, there would never have been a 9-5 for me to drive and tune and love being the generic consumer I am. Last I checked, this car and this engine are still being produced and sold worldwide so how you think Saab is gone I don't understand. I would bet you are driving a GM Saab anyway. Arent you?
Old 10-30-2004, 10:17 AM   #12

The 9-5 IMO is the last Saab. I woulndt mind having one. One day when I have kids and all that stuff. I have never had a half GM Saab but I'm sure I will sooner or later. I was refering to the 9-2x, new no hatch 9-3, and the soon to come 9-7x and 9-6x. Those are the ones I consider pretend Saabs, GM psycho
My cars, past and presant. (Not counting my 1980 Sunbird *shudder*)
1987 900S
1984 900T
1986 SPG
1988 900T
1984 900T
1984 900T
1978 99
1988 9000T
1987 900T

Old 10-30-2004, 10:45 AM   #13

Well that is a respectable list indeed. I love my 9-5 but in all honesty, I would rather have one with RWD or AWD which breaks from Saab tradition. Saab is in a lot of trouble because the people who traditionally buy Saabs are not going to be buying the newer vehicles for the reasons you mentioned but at the same time, the rest of the market won't buy them because quite frankly, the rest of the market doesnt like Saab and looks at Saab as unreliable wierd cars...Ive even heard Saab referred to as the ghetto man's BMW...or a pretend luxury brand. Saab needs a new flagship with at least 300hp and RWD or AWD, a mid sedan just like the 9-5 or even a continuation of the 9-5. The 9-3 needs a hatch added to the lineup and this is coming very soon. The SUV is needed just to stop the bleeding of lost sales from the massive surge of people who are now buying SUVs instead of cars. It is a band aid fix for a wound that could not have been foreseen but as far as trucks go, I really think this thing is going to be nice with the V8. The 9-2x I dont like but I dont like WRX's either. The 9-6 frightens me as I get pictures of the Pontiac Aztek in my mind. 7 seat crossovers are terrible looking vehicles despite practicality. The brand needs new stuff but all the best stuff is in Cadillac's parts bin and we all know the boys over at Cadi arent going to share the parts bin with cousin Jesper Parnevik in his pink pants and flipped brim hat (which is exactly what they think of Saab). It is sad and overall Im not happy with the direction of the brand but I think GM is not to blame and if anything GM has helped the brand just by keeping it alive. Saab learned the hardway that hatches dont sell in the US and thats why they dumped them for sedans. Only now are they figuring out they need at least one kept in the lineup for the hatch market which oddly enough is coming back around right after it was ditched. It really just seems to me that Saab is one step behind the times and has been for the last 15 years, GM or no GM.
Old 10-30-2004, 11:16 AM   #14
Elder

Why don't you just sell your Saab then and buy a real vehicle?

Old 10-30-2004, 11:29 AM   #15

mmmm CTS-V <drool>

turbo schmurbo....NA is where its at!
Old 10-30-2004, 11:55 AM   #16

I said already, I had a 1980 Pontiac Sunbird. How much more vehicle does a body need? Here's a little taste. MIne didn't have any fancy stuff like torque or power or power anything, or a color. It did have the optional automatic tranny though. Nothing stopped it other than hills or snow or damp weather or any large bugs. I still miss that pontiac smell.

Old 10-30-2004, 12:01 PM   #17

When I turned 16 (in 1992) my parents handed me the keys to the 1977 Volvo 244DL wagon in mustard yellow with rust accents. It had a 4 speed manual with a clicker on the shift knob for overdrive and original chrome roof rack. I thought I was unlucky but then realized how many naked hippy chicks a yellow volvo wagon from the 70's could produce! The thing still smells like nag champa and bong water.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:48 AM   #18
Trollerator
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaamottomaax
I thought I was unlucky but then realized how many naked hippy chicks a yellow volvo wagon from the 70's could produce! The thing still smells like nag champa and bong water.

I'm getting one of those!

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 11-01-2004, 05:58 AM   #19
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
Im pretty sure this is a Super Touring Car, which means its necessary to have ALOT wider wheels, therefore a widebody kit to cover it. Similar reasoning for the spoiler. Cars of this nature are FAR from "rice" but have total functionality.

Thus i repeat that the term "rice" is highly overused.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

Old 11-01-2004, 06:41 AM   #20
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Yeah, it's got the look of the old group 4 racers from the 70's. Like the Lancia Beta, Integrale or the Renault R5 Maxi. Although, I must say, much more cheap looking. Too bad. When stuff like that is handled well, instead of looking like it was stapled on, it can make for a sharp car.

It really does need to lose the wing though. Eew.

Take a look here: http://www.carclassic.com/html/RACING1.htm You can buy your own rally car!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in