Update!! VIGGEN CONVT - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-3 '03+ Forum > Customizing Your New 9-3

Customizing Your New 9-3 This forum contains all CUSTOMIZING related Q&A's, such as Lights (taillights, headlights, turn indicators, clear corners, etc), Interior and Exterior modifications, Wiring, Gauges and more.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2004, 10:41 AM   #1
TSLMember

Update!! VIGGEN CONVT

Well , We have been very busy. hunting ,junk yarding, and many buck$$$, we have what appears to be a Viggen , This is an update From Hey from GA , orginal post of pics. and of course i still have a ways to go , paint (pearl over silver) Maybe ghost flames?? I.C.E. , and tuning . but at least it is whole again .
This is her....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2004, 01:03 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Nice, pics show me I have to hurry up and finish mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-28-2004, 02:00 PM   #3
Elder

Looking good...

Here's the before picture for those of us who like to see before and after shots

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 10-28-2004, 02:18 PM   #4
TSLMember

thanks you guy's , i have had many a head ache, Man the TWICE system about made me shoot this car. After 3 computers, 3 sets of key's and 2 areials(SP), many hours on the Tech 2 programing ,it started Last nite at 11:00 pm . I think It needed a lunar eclipse. BUT you could hear the woohoo's a mile away. I'm Guessing you guy's didn't catch the flames idea, What do you think ? Remember i'm a old HotRod painter.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:46 PM   #5
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Never seen ghost flames before. Post some pics so i can tell ya.

Drive It Like You Stole it!!!!

"Girls only like guys with skills...nunchuku skills, computer hacking skills, Saab driving skills..."
Old 11-09-2004, 09:57 AM   #6
TSLMember

#2 update Vig convt

woooohooo, We went for a ride saturday, all was well Til i hit around 5k rpms , and my drive belt was on the ground behind me. MUCH to my dismay!!!.
Got mad and did'nt look at it untill today . Found the Alternator pulley was bent, and That explains, it so the ALT is apart and going to rebuild today .
Then We'll go back out and see what she'll do.
I have ditched the flames , (right now) and after a good drive, She'll be ready for a Shinny new Silver base coat with a pearl clear on last shoot .
So I 'll Post more pic's ASAP.
Question? How Bad do the viggen wheels bend? my are in good shape now .But Alot of pot holes around here. I bent one on my 92 /900s convt last winter.
So should i be looking now for upgrades?/Replacements ????
Old 11-09-2004, 12:42 PM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
Re: #2 update Vig convt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaabingSue
Question? How Bad do the viggen wheels bend? my are in good shape now .But Alot of pot holes around here. I bent one on my 92 /900s convt last winter.
So should i be looking now for upgrades?/Replacements ????
from what i hear they are made of some sort of clay .

i think you just need to drive by a pot hole to get em to bend, and if you bent a set of c900 wheels then you should probably watch out. .

Paul

Old 11-09-2004, 12:45 PM   #8
Trollerator
Elder

replace them now or forever hold your peace.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 11-12-2004, 08:55 AM   #9
TSLMember

IT"S ALIVE!!

After alternator repairs, and a few other details, here We are today , Now on the beautifaction...
Old 12-06-2004, 01:57 PM   #10
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to spgdude
Interesting we just got a damaged viggen too, 01' model, convertible. Has a little more damage than yours, but its not in the front and it wont be needing bumpers, the car looks as if it spun out damaged suspension and qtr panels. Keep up with the updates.
09' 9-5 SportCombi 5mt Stg1
Old 12-06-2004, 02:02 PM   #11
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to saab4life
good luck with that.. nice ob on the other viggen as well

2000 9-3 SE HOT Nordic Tuning Stage 3+ ECU, Eibach Pro System Kit (shocks&springs), 17" BBS RK II W/ 235/40/17 sumitomo htrz II, KVR Cross Drilled Rotors, KVR Carbon Fiber Pads, MP Rear Sway Bar, MP Short Shifter, Abbott Racing Turbo Inlet Pipe, 3" DP from JT, 3" Sport cat, 2.5" custom cat back, Magnaflow Muffler & Ractive Tip, Cold Air Intake w/ k&n filter, Custom Intercooler, New Hyperboost HX BPV,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in