Removing factory CD player (Sirius) - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-3 '03+ Forum > Customizing Your New 9-3

Customizing Your New 9-3 This forum contains all CUSTOMIZING related Q&A's, such as Lights (taillights, headlights, turn indicators, clear corners, etc), Interior and Exterior modifications, Wiring, Gauges and more.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2007, 06:37 AM   #1
SAABeginner

Removing factory CD player (Sirius)

Hi
I tried searching but I couldn't find the right answer. I need to install my Sirius radio and I want to use the FM adapter which has to access the FM input to the factory stereo.

so how do you remove the factory CD player? I didnt see any screws or anything and i dont want to risk breaking the dash on a brand new car.

By the way I have the base stereo not bose.
thanks,
DOUG

(07 9-3 2.0T)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2007, 07:27 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to JLausch
I'm not sure how things are since they changed to the new gm radios as far as removal, if you use the front aux input (minijack headphone style) you will have better sound quality.
'01 Viggen (sold)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-22-2007, 05:46 PM   #3
SAABeginner

ok, its kinda a hard process and if you mess up then you are going to mess up your ac vents, meaning they will point where ever they want to point.

by the way before you start the radio for a saab does not use a normal antenna like most cars (its actually an optic/runs off light), so an FM mod for a serius radio is useless.

anyways to remove the radio you are going to have to take off the surrounding rubberized plastic (careful because that stuff starts pealing and then its not the ssame) to do this there a clips inside of the ac vents and you have to pull those up and out on the dash at the same time. but BECAREFUL there are some that hold in the a/c vent and if those are removed then your a/c vent is F'ed. Im not really sure on how many there are in each either, so if your near a best buy they have the documents to take out factory radios, try bribbing them because they arent going to give it to you for free.

also if you want to hard wire your power source all you have to do is take out the small rubber flap thing under the outlet and then pull out on the bezel around the gearbox (looks like they put a hole in it to grab on purpose) then just get your meter and find out what wire is your accesory and ground on your ignition and wire it just like that...

hope this helps, but like jlausch said it will sound better thru the 3mm plug(aux).

Old 10-25-2007, 03:26 AM   #4
SAABeginner

Thanks
Looks like it is more of a hassle then its worth. I installed the sirius in the little shelf in front of the shifter and stuffed the wires behind it. I am running through the FM station now but I will buy the AUX cable and just use that. Man I missed Sirius though it is soooo much better then regular radio.

2007 Chrysler Crossfire coupe
all black, 6spd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in