Factory Bluetooth - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-3 '03+ Forum > Customizing Your New 9-3

Customizing Your New 9-3 This forum contains all CUSTOMIZING related Q&A's, such as Lights (taillights, headlights, turn indicators, clear corners, etc), Interior and Exterior modifications, Wiring, Gauges and more.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2007, 06:06 AM   #1
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
Factory Bluetooth

Thought I would share with you guys the new Motorola / Saab factory bluetooth kit with plug and play harness.
Catlog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2007, 06:23 AM   #2
Elder

Shoot litterally just ordered and got ( showed up yesterday) the Moto HF 850....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-05-2007, 06:53 AM   #3
srp
Elder

Send a message via AIM to srp
Does it make use of the factory system to display caller information or does it just use the cars sound system?

Old 04-05-2007, 10:12 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
You know what I picked up the hs850 headset as they were on sale at 50 bucks the other day. I'm happy with it. No new kit for me.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:20 AM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
I thought the only way to get blue tooth from the factory was if you ordered onstar and navigation... I have to tell my mom about this she will want it in her new 9-3 sport combi.

^CLICK ME^
Old 04-05-2007, 10:52 AM   #6
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NahumCC View Post
You know what I picked up the hs850 headset as they were on sale at 50 bucks the other day. I'm happy with it. No new kit for me.

Yeah I had to decide to get the new HF since I have 2 phones for work ( yes I know) sometimes I am on a confrence call with my hands free ( Moto) and need to take a call with the headset ( blackberry) . I am not sure but moto says i should be able to sync two different devices in the same area... we shall see...
Old 04-05-2007, 11:02 AM   #7
srp
Elder

Send a message via AIM to srp
Quote:
Originally Posted by jssaab View Post
Yeah I had to decide to get the new HF since I have 2 phones for work ( yes I know) sometimes I am on a confrence call with my hands free ( Moto) and need to take a call with the headset ( blackberry) . I am not sure but moto says i should be able to sync two different devices in the same area... we shall see...
It looks like the saab factory piece is basically the motorola kit but designed to integrate into the factory system. I wonder how well it integrates though...

From saab site:
"Bluetooth is a wireless method of transferring information between mobile telephones hands-free kits in cars, headsets, computers and other communication devices. Once the Bluetooth handsfree kit has been installed into the car, there is no need to dock your phone into a telephone. Just leave your phone in your bag or pocket when entering the car. Your car will automatically link with your mobile phone as soon as you turn the ignition. The Bluetooth handsfree kit is voice operated and allows you to dial a number by simply speaking a number or a name. Please note that the Bluetooth handsfree kit is not to be used on a car equipped with Onstar. Cars without TEL1 preparation will require Adapter harness Part #32025900."

I wasn't aware that the moto system could sync between two phones at the same time... Seems unlikely but hopefully in your case it works.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:00 PM   #8
Elder

So by that explanation it WILL NOT work with Saabs with Onstar? Also you think it will work for any bluetooth phone, or just Moto's?
Old 04-05-2007, 04:01 PM   #9
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

we jsut got a bluetooth kit in the dealership yesterday, were going to install it in a ice blue 60th anniversary convertible. I hope it works well!

Old 04-09-2007, 06:29 AM   #10
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
I spent some time saturday working on the Aero.. On the cars with onstar, they of course want you to stay with using their analog system and the revenue it generates.

The onstar cars do not have the tel1 prewiring. It is as simple as adding an extra harness to the car, all is accessible behind the EHU. (In Center Dash) The only part there is that it takes the factory harness crimping tools to terminate the new harness. (It was made to fit a few cars) I can do this for people that get the whole kit and request it.

The rest is simple install with the great factory docs. There is no additional programming needed. I chose to electronically "remove" the CU/PS "Onstar" so there was no longer a "No Onstar message" on the sid.

My Blackberry pearl paired with little effort to "SAAB" which was sorta neat. The rest of the features are pretty cool, voice dialing, contact list, speed dial... all really easy to work and you never have to take your phone out of the pocket. Since I still had the onstar buttons up top I had to fit the controls down low and they are actually very easy to operate there.

|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Old 04-09-2007, 06:37 AM   #11
Elder

Send a message via AIM to laxian55
How linked is it with the ECU? Possible wireless palm tuning? Prolly not but that would be sweet.

Old 04-10-2007, 10:09 AM   #12
TSLMember

Send a message via AIM to dapturbo
So can we can confirm that we can use all of the buttons on the car already? I have a "Phone" button as well as the keypad. Also, will the contact name come up on the SID display? Nick, what's the adapter piece that I see in the picture?
Old 04-11-2007, 09:14 PM   #13
SAABeginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapturbo View Post
So can we can confirm that we can use all of the buttons on the car already? I have a "Phone" button as well as the keypad. Also, will the contact name come up on the SID display? Nick, what's the adapter piece that I see in the picture?
The "Factory Bluetooth" is no more than the Motorola IHF 1000 repackaged without Motorola written on it. It is the exact same unit with the same functionality. Instead of paying $304 just buy an IHF 1000 off Ebay for $160 and the Saab handsfree harness for $17. .....total $177 vs $304 Detailed install instructions for IHF 1000 for Saabs can be found at Saabcentral.com
Old 04-21-2007, 06:00 AM   #14
SAABeginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapturbo View Post
My understanding is that no, you can't use the keypad and phone buttons on the steering wheel on US cars no matter what . That is Europe only dangit (sounds like you add an additional SIM essentially making the car a second phone). The Saab factory bluetooth kit here is just the Moto IHF1000 and a harness that plugs into the TEL1 setup. If you have OnStar, then follow GenuineSaab's instructions. If no Onstar, then just plug the harness into the TEL1 and you're apparently good to go. No caller ID info other than the standard Motorola spoken caller ID (which works pretty well actually). Display will show "telephone" and mute the stereo. Sound comes out of the stereo speakers and you can utilize the existing factory mic. I installed a Parrot CK1000 on my GF's TSX ('05) and it works very similarily to the Moto. Putting it in was ridiculously easy thanks to parrotkit - fed right into the factory head unit and the only true PITA was installing the mic in the factory location. You can get BT in the '07 TSX now but retrofit isn't an option
Old 05-17-2007, 04:55 AM   #15
SAABeginner

Nick,

I have a '04 9-3 Arc w/ the premium package and OnStar so I'm assuming that it's not pre-wired? The SID has the PHONE option which I'm guessing is for the OnStar phone? If I understand your post correctly, you're saying that all I would need to purchase is the harness to plug into the Tel1 and connect that to the EHU? When you say "Electronically remove" the CU/PS "OnStar" do you mean you did this w/ the TechII? This is all completely foreign to me if you can't already tell. I just bought the Motorola IHF1000 thinking I would be able to install it myself but I'm beginning to think I will be looking for someone with experience to do it for me. Anyone in Houston interested?
Old 05-17-2007, 05:48 AM   #16
Elder

Bluetooth Ballin'

Old 05-17-2007, 06:21 AM   #17
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to josuar88 Send a message via MSN to josuar88 Send a message via Yahoo to josuar88
yay I want one

I'm Not Poor Just A Saab Enthusiast

Old 05-17-2007, 12:27 PM   #18
Elder

Send a message via AIM to AeroDynamic
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineSaab View Post
we have one of these in my moms 9-5... i will have to send you a picture of the location...
Old 07-24-2007, 06:42 AM   #19
SAABeginner

Blue Tooth on 9-3 60th anniversay model

I read on a website (that I now cannot find) that the anniversay model is pre-wired for hands free. I asked the dealer and he stated that this is only the case on the european models. Does anyone know for sure? I pick up the car this Thursday! Thanks in advance.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:18 PM   #20
GDG
SAABeginner

Hi,
My wife just took delivery of her 9-3 Aero convertible (with OnStar), and is looking for a good bluetooth adapter. Although the salesman assured us it was possible to disable OnStar and install the Motorola bluetooth mount, the service department is now telling us this is impossible. Frankly, I don't believe it.
A few questions:
a - does disabling OnStar void the car warranty?
b - is it in fact possible to install the bluetooth mount, and disable OnStar in the 2008 model year?
c - Does anyone know of a good installer in the San Francisco/San Jose area?
Many thanks,
Grant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in