looks - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-3 '03+ Forum > Customizing Your New 9-3

Customizing Your New 9-3 This forum contains all CUSTOMIZING related Q&A's, such as Lights (taillights, headlights, turn indicators, clear corners, etc), Interior and Exterior modifications, Wiring, Gauges and more.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2006, 01:00 PM   #1
SAABeginner

looks

alright, i tried to do some picture editing so i can see what some posibilities are for my 93. i did a real crappy job but the point is made. gimme your opinion. first, black stock rims black lips and skirts?
or the black stock rims white lips and skirts?
or maybe just paint the side skirts and lips and wait to buy better looking rims leaving the stock ones alone.
let me know!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

_takashinho_
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2006, 01:37 PM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to fretrunner9000 Send a message via MSN to fretrunner9000
stick with alloy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 93 Linear Stage 2
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-19-2006, 01:45 PM   #3
Editor
Elder

I think you'd be crazy for changing any of that unless you painted all of your skirts / lower spoiler white. That might not look bad. Leave the wheels though. Those are nice wheels.

Old 12-19-2006, 01:46 PM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to StX221
stock, painted aero bits. til you can afford some different wheels.

maybe those 10 spoke spiderweb wheels. those are heavy but hot looking.

btw, i saw a white 9-3ss aero the other day. it was friggin sexy to no end. get the white painted aero bits and aero wheels. it WILL look good.

'02 9-5 Aero
'05 Yamaha R6
Old 12-19-2006, 02:06 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
paint all the black plastic on the car so its all white it looks so smooth then

^CLICK ME^
Old 12-19-2006, 02:32 PM   #6
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to bozs13 Send a message via MSN to bozs13 Send a message via Skype™ to bozs13
I like the black skirts and the alloy look

Old 12-19-2006, 02:41 PM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Powar
Quote:
Originally Posted by StX221 View Post
get the white painted aero bits and aero wheels. it WILL look good.
Yes.

Old 01-06-2007, 10:30 AM   #8
TSLMember

I've seen a white vert with black top and black rims. he repainted everything else, including the black strips and handles Pearl White! Its one beautiful piece of machinery.

If you could do the same, it'll be awesome. Btw, he was on 18"s.....
Old 01-07-2007, 12:08 AM   #9
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to TopNach Send a message via MSN to TopNach
DUDE!! ive always wanted to see a white saab thats just like urs!! that looks siiiickkkkkkkkkkk.. and with ur car id paint the side skirts black.. rims black and get the black euro strips!

and 1 more thing.... did u smoke ur tail lights?!?! i wana do that to my car.. but idk if i should do it myself or have someone do it for me... what did u do?

Old 01-07-2007, 12:40 PM   #10
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to soggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopNach View Post
DUDE!! ive always wanted to see a white saab thats just like urs!! that looks siiiickkkkkkkkkkk.. and with ur car id paint the side skirts black.. rims black and get the black euro strips!

and 1 more thing.... did u smoke ur tail lights?!?! i wana do that to my car.. but idk if i should do it myself or have someone do it for me... what did u do?
Dont paint the side skirts black, it will make it look like a linear.

**Edit, nm your sideskirts are black and that is a linear.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:12 AM   #11
SAABeginner

Quote:

i had a friend do them for me. but all he did is mix some black with a clear coat and spray it on. i did all the lights except the headlights. the tail lights, side markers and bumper strip lights. its really not that hard. let me know how it goes.

_takashinho_
Old 01-08-2007, 09:07 AM   #12
TSLMember

Bro i'd just lower it and black the stock rims black... I already went to the paint shop(maaco) and they say u cant paint our black lips... sucks. I think black rims would look good on our car. Since we got the black moldings , tint, and lips. DO IT!!!!!! There just stocks.. oh well. If u dont like them sell them to me!! hahaha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in