black grill??? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-3 '03+ Forum > Customizing Your New 9-3

Customizing Your New 9-3 This forum contains all CUSTOMIZING related Q&A's, such as Lights (taillights, headlights, turn indicators, clear corners, etc), Interior and Exterior modifications, Wiring, Gauges and more.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2006, 03:50 PM   #1
SAABeginner

black grill???

Ok So I Need You Guys Opinion. I Just Painted The Chrome Trim Black On My Brothers A4 And It Looks Real Mean, No Chrome At All. And I Was Thinking That It Would Not Be Such A Bad Idea To Do It On My 93. I Think It Would Fit Because I Got The Whole Pearl White And Black Set Upa Ll Around The Car (lips, Skirts, Trims, Tinted Lights Ets). Gimme Your Opinion. Also After Doing That I May Even Convince Myself To Do The Black Rims, I Saw Some On A Thread, Ill See If I Find Them.by the way, CHECK OUT THE BLACKED OUT SIDE MARKERS AND BUMPER STRIP LIGHT!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

_takashinho_

Last edited by takashinho; 12-12-2006 at 04:14 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2006, 03:56 PM   #2
Avid TSL User

I think it would look good, someone should photoshop one then you can really tell. Just make sure if you paint it to do a good job. My grill was painted sloppy by the previous owner and it looks like crap.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-12-2006, 04:03 PM   #3
SAABeginner

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...hinho/_MG_.jpg
maybe some like these.or these
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...o/_MG_3113.jpg

and yeah ill have to photoshop the grill to see.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

_takashinho_

Old 12-12-2006, 04:03 PM   #4
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to bozs13 Send a message via MSN to bozs13 Send a message via Skype™ to bozs13
photoshop this !

fine, I'll try to figure it out, but it'll be ghetto!

Last edited by bozs13; 12-12-2006 at 04:05 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:07 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to bozs13 Send a message via MSN to bozs13 Send a message via Skype™ to bozs13
does anyone have a pic of a red saab with a black grill?

and what kind of paint is used?

Old 12-12-2006, 04:10 PM   #6
SAABeginner

actually when i did my brothers A4 we used the rubber stuff and gave it several heavy coats. then sanded it down. its not very shiny but i liked it. i guess if you wanted it shinny you could use a glossy clear coat.

_takashinho_
Old 12-12-2006, 04:12 PM   #7

yeah, I'm photo shopping the non-gloss (matte) right now

Old 12-12-2006, 04:22 PM   #8
Elder

Send a message via AIM to VWSAABVT
I used a $1 can of spray paint to do my grill.

stg 5 99 9-3 coupe
96 900se sold
Old 12-12-2006, 04:29 PM   #9
SAABeginner

If Thats Yours Then The Black Does Look Pretty Badass. Vwsaabvt!

_takashinho_
Old 12-12-2006, 04:32 PM   #10

here's a good tutorial by "abdukted"

http://helixgfx.com/griffingear/ggtip_grill.htm

Old 12-13-2006, 01:49 AM   #11
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to soggy
I prefer the all chrome looking grill, but thats me.

Old 12-13-2006, 08:21 AM   #12
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cpenning623
I think it would look good.

chrome=gaudy, for homedawgsz, ricers

I have a black(CF) grille on my 9-3 and its pretty clean. On the SS it would look even better.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:06 PM   #13
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to soggy
Depends on the amount of chrome and how you do it. There's a reason ricers and "homedawgsz" try to re-create it. Where's my backup? Try Mercedes Benz... Mercedes uses quite a bit of stylish chrome accenting on a lot of their high end cars, and those cars are far from ricers...

Last edited by soggy; 12-13-2006 at 08:09 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:16 AM   #14
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to 1sweet2.0
painted my grill black..

Old 01-08-2007, 09:18 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sweet2.0 View Post
painted my grill black..

now that is obscenely hot! seriously, that is just plain wrong! WOW!

Old 01-08-2007, 09:22 AM   #16
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozs13 View Post
now that is obscenely hot! seriously, that is just plain wrong! WOW!
the grill?.. it's rather easy to do

Old 01-08-2007, 09:29 AM   #17

I know it's easy but it looks good

I don't know if I just want to "tint" it or go straight black on the 9-3 grill I'm going to get

Old 01-08-2007, 09:35 AM   #18
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozs13 View Post
I know it's easy but it looks good

I don't know if I just want to "tint" it or go straight black on the 9-3 grill I'm going to get
I'd go straight black.. it's clean, then again my windows are dark, the handles are black, Sides lights are back, and the wheels are black.. so It looks good. I've been thinking though that I might do a project..take out the grill and modify it so that the lines that go across are gone so only the outline of the grill is left and put mesh in the back and then paint the mesh black. But I dunno...

Old 01-08-2007, 09:45 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sweet2.0 View Post
I'd go straight black.. it's clean, then again my windows are dark, the handles are black, Sides lights are back, and the wheels are black.. so It looks good. I've been thinking though that I might do a project..take out the grill and modify it so that the lines that go across are gone so only the outline of the grill is left and put mesh in the back and then paint the mesh black. But I dunno...
yeah, it looks good on my car with my ng grill painted black. I think it makes it look much more aggressive. My conv top, door handles, tires, interior are black and the bumpers have black too. I think it'd look really good. Must photoshop...red and black look good together.

Old 01-08-2007, 12:07 PM   #20
TSLMember

Yeh i would maybe look into painting the grill black.. I like the chrome as well.. classy look i guess u can say.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in